WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuck Martini Bay and Havasu mayor Cal Shitty

Taboma

Reaction score
It is strange to me as old as you are that you don’t know how the world works.

Only a couple things make the world go round..

Oh, I know exactly how the world works, the games, the motivation and the people who play them.

Do you happen to recall the first and only time you and I met ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Oh, I know exactly how the world works, the games, the motivation and the people who play them.

Do you happen to recall the first and only time you and I met ?

Dunno about games and motivation.. ??

Jesus you really don’t know how it works. 😳

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. So the proverb goes.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. So the proverb goes.

So corrupt fuck wrote that. There are plenty of powerful people throughout history that habe done for the greater good instead of personal interests..

When George Washington stepped down as President is surprised everyone. A lot of people assumed he would Just he the new “president” until he wasn’t gonna be anymore.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
So corrupt fuck wrote that. There are plenty of powerful people throughout history that habe done for the greater good instead of personal interests..

When George Washington stepped down as President is surprised everyone. A lot of people assumed he would Just he the new “president” until he wasn’t gonna be anymore.

I never said it was an absolute disqualification for humility. Not my quote! Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So you don't remember ? Well oh wise one, I do ;)

Unfortunately I don’t remember when we met. By the way ya have talked to me on here for the last couple years I have always wondered what I must have done to deserve it. 👀

I am pretty much nice to everyone all the time so I’m unsure what it could be

Reactions: DWC

River Runnin

Reaction score
You can do better.. because I know you know. Lol
Well! i guess you’re! Lol— being the old fart I am! — Most of the time I evaluate the gravity of a situation before I put any Spin to it— if needed!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
My steak sucked as well. Missed the first round of the boat parade but thankfully we went down and saw the boats return through the channel. And like Dave said the restaurant should have called and said change of plans. We would have gone elsewhere.

So you got a table, just not the table?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So you got a table, just not the table?

He wanted a patio table to watch the boat parade. Reserved one months ago.. when they showed up they were told the mayor took the patio. The mayor incidentally runs the resort the restaurant is located in.

Hence the thread calling out the restaurant and the mayor.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
He wanted a patio table to watch the boat parade. Reserved one months ago.. when they showed up they were told the mayor took the patio. The mayor incidentally runs the resort the restaurant is located in.

Hence the thread calling out the restaurant and the mayor.

I got the part where he didn't the table he reserved - which blows, but it happens.

What isn't clear is if the place sent him away altogether - or gave him a different table?

He mentioned the steak sucked so Im guessing it was the same restaurant.
They should have comped him something, and covered the steak that sucked.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score

So it was a thankless job back then too? 🤣

evantwheeler

Reaction score
My steak sucked as well. Missed the first round of the boat parade but thankfully we went down and saw the boats return through the channel. And like Dave said the restaurant should have called and said change of plans. We would have gone elsewhere.

Wait, you still spent money there?

sangerflattbottom

Reaction score
We made reservations for an outside patio table at Martini Bay over 2 months ago. We get there Saturday night and we are told told the mayor took the outside tables. It was all I could do to not not go outside and start a situation. Fuck both the London Bridge Resort and mayor shithead. Rant over.

Did you call in advance to confirm your reservation from 2 months ago? Seems your a little hostile for not getting a table but allot changes in the restaurant biz in two months. We're not talking some high roller place here, just a great view. Mayor has always been a good guy when I've interacted with him.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
"Jelousy..is such an ugly word...but mostly what I hear from you...."

Yes indeed it sucks ass to get bumped by someone with more influence/money/power. Anyone who has lost table service somewhere in Vegas/Atlantic City can verify.

Thems the breaks, get over it, or become richer/stronger to be that person next time.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Mayor has always been a good guy when I've interacted with him.
Cal is leaps and bounds better than Nexsen...the bean counter who made every economic recovery mistake he could for the town post 08'. Cal at least looks at the bigger picture in most things. Another thing...if you reach out to him he WILL make time to meet and discuss things with you..he's pretty accessible.

Sucks what happened on this deal but honestly he likely had no idea...restaurant staff likely never even mentioned it to him.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t remember when we met. By the way ya have talked to me on here for the last couple years I have always wondered what I must have done to deserve it. 👀

I am pretty much nice to everyone all the time so I’m unsure what it could be

7A69A22B-A885-42C7-8BE7-E0856CFE8E18.jpeg

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Let me be the first to say:

Hello Mr. Mayor.

Am I the only one laughing because you know The Mayor is in on this site and reading everything?
He may not post and even may not have an account but I garentee he reads RDP and is very well aware of this thread. Hell, if I was him I would be scared of Dave because I bet Dave would win if he wanted to run.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Let’s get real. I dunno what kinda dirt they got on ol RD but he can win it…. Regardless

I mean look at all the dirt they got on Biden and he still won.

RD skeletons are child’s play compared to sleepy Joe

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
... and why I'm reluctant to move to a podunck shit-box city . . . better the devil you know.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Isn't LHC actually operated by a City Manager, who is appointed by the City Council? And the Council members are elected? Not sure how the "Mayor" fits in or receives the title? In any case, and in many ways LHC remains a small town situation. That can be good and/or bad. RD, not sure you can run for City Manager. At least not in the pure sense. Lol. "Appointable" may require particular attributes. WTF are those? Who knows?

franky

Reaction score
l
Let me be the first to say:

Hello Mr. Mayor.

Am I the only one laughing because you know The Mayor is in on this site and reading everything?
He may not post and even may not have an account but I garentee he reads RDP and is very well aware of this thread. Hell, if I was him I would be scared of Dave because I bet Dave would win if he wanted to run.
laughable

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Seems like the OP made reservations well in advance because he knew what was happening and why he wanted to be outside. He got pushed aside and seems like none of the establishment gave a fuck. To me the least they could of done is give a sincere apology and offer to comp part of his meal and couple drinks at a different table. Just sayin. Sorry Dave I don’t like the because you have enough money you win kind sentiment. Whether that is how the world works or not. Basically your saying fuck the small guy. Weren’t you and many a small guy at one point. No fight in this at all. But I’d be pretty pissed off alao like the OP

Last edited:

Heylam

Reaction score
Good thing he didn’t have a room reserved at the resort that Cal decided to give to one of his cronies. Sorry, no soup for you.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Recall there was once a Seinfeld episode about Reservations. You can make a Reservation, they will take your Reservation, but . . when you arrive there is no Reservation. Come on. WTF. That sucks! I don't care who you're dealing with, the friggin' Mayor or the GM of the place. Unfortunately, in this case it was both. And we all know why their outside patio table was preferred and Reserved area by the OP. Then taken over by the GM/Mayor. I say that's BS on the staff and their GM/Mayor. Have to wonder if there was absolutely no compensation offered? But, according to the OP, there was not. Believe I won't be rushing over to the LBR any time soon.

The point that some may have the ability to take over an establishment on any given evening is interesting. Well, kind of, maybe. But, I'm not sure how this, in any way, can make the actions of the LBR acceptable? ? The blame is likely on the staff at LBR. Those rushing in saying they've also taken over places in a similar manner is interesting. But, hardly acceptable or prudent.

Last edited:

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
The rest of the country has a local lake. Then shows up to LOTO if they want the tow and show. CA and the boarder lake is so 1989. Wake up! They hate you.

cofooter

Reaction score
I'd be fine if when I called they told me the patio was closed for a private party, but to take reservations and then tell me when I got there that someone more important bumped you out, I'd be pissed. I would not have stayed for dinner nor ever come back. The mayor/GM is a douche.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Is it just me but I see an opportunity here, in a case like this shift gears. Make friends with the fella, have a few drinks share the patio and make a new friend

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
How you pull that out of what I said is beyond me.. I was pointing out that people don’t complain when it’s in their interests..

We have done all sorts of things for the rdp parties that would have some people coming completely unglued.. including towing cars, putting off other events, changing schedules of existing events etc

I do understand what you are saying, however how would you feel if you planned the afterparty and the day before some rich guy came in and bought out the venue?

Yes what happened to the OP happens and the restaurant should have comped his meal, but to say, oh well it happens and that is they way the world goes around is kind of of shitty.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I have too much shit on me on the internet for local politics.. lol. If I was gonna run for anything I would go for city manager.
There you have it fellas... A nomination!

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
All I have to say is Mr. Mayor Mcdoush must be stopped.

Do you think Brandon got to where he was today just being a crappy politician? Nope somewhere long ago there was a restaurant with a view, a reservation, and a parade. Look at him now.