WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FUCK THE MACH-E

boatpi

Reaction score
Call it what you want but I understand they’re sold out the entire 2021 model year already

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
To put the Mustang name and badging on an SUV is a slap in the face and disgrace to the people who have built the history and heritage of the Ford Mustang.

They should have fucking called it an Explorer GT

That is all.

If that's all it takes to get your panties in a bunch these pix should give you a reason to join the democratic party. 😄

18+-+1989+Dodge+Daytona+Shelby+brochure+page.jpg
07+-+1989+Dodge+Daytona+Shelby+in+Arizona+wrecking+yard+-+photo+by+Murilee+Martin.jpg
Mustang_II-(6).jpg

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
If that's all it takes to get your panties in a bunch these pix should give you a reason to join the democratic party. 😄

View attachment 907952 View attachment 907953 View attachment 907954
I like the Cobra2s. With the exception of the engines of course. But thats easily rectified, maybe a nice 427w.

As far as the Shelby Mopars, I have no explanation. A crime to humanity everywhere, but a relationship that led to the creation of the Viper.

But I'm a Ford guy so forgive my tunnel vision!

Cray Paper

Reaction score
You Ford guys should just be satisfied the FWD Probe didnt replace the Mustang. I am a live long chevy guy, that currently doesnt own a Chevy but has a Dodge and is daily driving a Ford work truck and the latest wife owns a Toyota (WTF happened to me??). Sorry, still enjoy Ford fans being disappointed by Ford.

4Waters

Reaction score
You Ford guys should just be satisfied the FWD Probe didnt replace the Mustang. I am a live long chevy guy, that currently doesnt own a Chevy but has a Dodge and is daily driving a Ford work truck and the latest wife owns a Toyota (WTF happened to me??). Sorry, still enjoy Ford fans being disappointed by Ford.
Disappointed? No.

109987341_749399349140310_7149420107640309456_n(1).jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Ford is fucked. Small cars are all commodity items now, the big trucks have some specialized purpose and distinction, they may continue to do well there. Tesla seems to have the future covered for the next ten years.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Four door SUVs have done pretty well for Porsche. But at least they did not call them 911s or Carreras.

They are terrible as well Just need to call them a 911 to seal the deal

rrrr

Reaction score
As far as the Shelby Mopars, I have no explanation. A crime to humanity everywhere, but a relationship that led to the creation of the Viper.

When I met my wife in 1989, she owned a '86 Daytona. It had a 145 HP turbocharged I4 and a 5 speed transmission, definitely a quick little car and a lot of fun to drive.

It had two drawbacks, which were related to each other. One was significant turbo lag, and the other was really snappy torque steer when the turbo blew in. It would jump over into the adjacent lane if you weren't hanging on to the wheel. 😁

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
But I'm a Ford guy so forgive my tunnel vision!

It's not so bad when you consider that the Mach1 was an optional performance package offered for the Mustang and not an actual model of car.
I've owned a few Mustangs and the Mack-E don't bother me in the least. ;)

Mach 1 Racing was a NASCAR Winston Cup Series team. It was owned by Hollywood stuntman Hal Needham and actor Burt Reynolds.

The team made its debut in 1981, fielding the No. 22 Skoal Pontiac.

stan-barrett-skoal-bandit-1981_1_a00a46a26de7e059a5ab130717203363.jpg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Ive spent a bunch of time on the mach e forum simply because Im interested in the car.

I fully expected electronics problems and its got them.In spades.

What I did not expect were coach building problems.
Misalignments, to the point of broken windows and sunroofs.
A recall for loose bolts in the frames although only for 75 units - still ridiculous.

These issues are an unexpetcted nasty surprise for a company thats got 100 years + in coach building experience and frankly there is no excuse for this.

Ford even delayed the product to make sure the quality was right.
"We continue to build and ship vehicles every day, but we’re doing so with a meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality. Your vehicle timing was impacted by more than one of these quality checks," he wrote."

Not sure was inspecting these...Ray Charles maybe?

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...r-company-to-address-subframe-bolt-issue.html

...and people complained about Teslas - lol!

F82AB5C6-BFEE-4174-8051-5055415C1AB1.jpeg
PXL_20210324_230108570.jpg
3.JPG

HitIt

Reaction score
I was kinda excited for them. I saw my first one on the road a few days ago. It was the sorta bright powder blue one. Meh. The styling is not for me and the performance is pretty underwhelming for what an EV should be capable of. I am holding out hope that VW will rise to the occasion.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
I've had mustangs all my life, since my first car which was a '67. Probably about 8 of them. And I agree, this is a total disgrace to the heritage of the car and what it stands for. Terrible that Ford did this. If you want to build a little SUV, great, but don't call it a Mustang.

My current '68 fastback 20190615_183210.jpg

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I never understood the draw of the Mustang to begin with...

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I was kinda excited for them. I saw my first one on the road a few days ago. It was the sorta bright powder blue one. Meh. The styling is not for me and the performance is pretty underwhelming for what an EV should be capable of. I am holding out hope that VW will rise to the occasion.

ID3 and 4 have also been been underwhelming.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

View attachment 907952 View attachment 907953 View attachment 907954
My dad a Mustang 2 when I was in high school, had the 302 v8 in it, with 14" tires, thing was a smoke show beast. Buddy worked at a tire shop and would save me take offs. I would borrow the car on a Friday night from dad, buddy would open the shop and we would mount two old tires, go out and burn them off around town and then mount the good tires back up before heading home at the end of the night.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Friend of my kid just got a Mackey. He wasn’t impressed

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Thanks to Jao we’re going to see the “E” in the name of most vehicles pretty soon. I still haven’t heard their plan to actually charge America’s vehicles in just 14 years. He has 50,000 charging stations in his Infrastructure Plan but nothing addressing how to get power to them. 🤦‍♂️ It’s likely going to be a Cluster Fuck just like the Southern Border is today! I’m going to buy a fleet of gasoline powered vehicles in 2034 and put them in storage. They will likely be worth 2X-3X more by 2036 when nobody can juice their Tesla’s and they want a Gas Powered Vehicles again. Most people can't walk to work, lol 😂

Last edited:

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I agree its a shitty name for it, but I'm glad I'll see something other than a fucking tesla driving down the street.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Thanks to Jao we’re going to see the “E” before the name of most vehicles pretty soon. I still haven’t heard their plan to actually charge America’s vehicles in just 14 years. He has 50,000 charging stations in his Infrastructure Plan but nothing addressing how to get power to them. 🤦‍♂️ It’s likely going to be a Cluster Fuck just like the Southern Border is today! I’m going to buy a fleet of vehicles in 2034 and put them in storage. They will likely be worth 2X-3X more by 2036 when nobody can juice their Tesla’s and they want a Gas Powered Vehicle, lol 😂
Didn’t you hear? They’re just like ATMs. You just set it up and power comes out.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Thanks to Jao we’re going to see the “E” in the name of most vehicles pretty soon. I still haven’t heard their plan to actually charge America’s vehicles in just 14 years. He has 50,000 charging stations in his Infrastructure Plan but nothing addressing how to get power to them. 🤦‍♂️ It’s likely going to be a Cluster Fuck just like the Southern Border is today! I’m going to buy a fleet of gasoline powered vehicles in 2034 and put them in storage. They will likely be worth 2X-3X more by 2036 when nobody can juice their Tesla’s and they want a Gas Powered Vehicles again. Most people can't walk to work, lol 😂

Of all the problems we face in the long term power isnt one.

With more and more gas turbine plants and a near infinite supply of natural gas this problem isnt really severe.

Joe is an idiot for other legitimate reasons, just not this one.

spectras only

Reaction score

With more and more gas turbine plants and a near infinite supply of natural gas this problem isnt really severe.

Didn't you hear, natural gas is bad for the environment, just not as bad as coal or diesel to run on. :p

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

I would agree however Jao wants to rid the USA of ALL evil fossil fuels by 2050 (29 years). Without Nuclear there is no technology that can charge 150 million vehicles plus all the other power needs this country requires. Were heading of a cliff unless they get their head out of their asses!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I would agree however Jao wants to rid the USA of ALL evil fossil fuels by 2050 (29 years). Without Nuclear there is no technology that can charge 150 million vehicles plus all the other power needs this country requires. Were heading of a cliff unless they get their head out of their asses!

I want my high school waistline, a jetpack and a new set of shoes, but can probably only manage the shoes.

Without full nukes were on fossil forever.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Salesman at the local Ford dealership told me the Mach E is a POS. Told me as soon as you take your foot off the go pedal the vehicle starts slowing. He said it's an issue for people behind them because the E slows down that much just "coasting" o_O

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Salesman at the local Ford dealership told me the Mach E is a POS. Told me as soon as you take your foot off the go pedal the vehicle starts slowing. He said it's an issue for people behind them because the E slows down that much just "coasting" o_O

Ford sales guys dont make shit on the mach-e and trash it a lot because of that.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

That's part of the regen system, Tesla calls it one foot driving and you can turn it off in a tesla. The Porsche/Audi EV are full coast. Not sure if the Ford can turn that off or not.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
That's part of the regen system, Tesla calls it one foot driving and you can turn it off in a tesla. The Porsche/Audi EV are full coast. Not sure if the Ford can turn that off or not.

Yup regenerative braking system. Based on the Ford salesman's comments it doesn't sound like it can be turned off and if that's the case it's a solid reason for not buying one - not that I'm doing that - I just bought a heavy, huge diesel F350 😁