WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuck the Nautical in Havasu Ban for life

MagicMan

Reaction score
How’s the piss/water ratio in that pool?

Better or worse than the channel?

(added to the list of things I try not to think about)

One morning I was returning to the pool to pick up my sandals from the night before, apparently I didn't need em to stumble back to my room and ran into the pool guy. I asked him about the pool maintenance and how difficult it must be considering the amount of guests on the weekend. He mentioned the pool has about 3 pool pumps constantly filtering the water and to maintain the water quality the pool is constantly filling and draining. He said theres no way to keep it sanitary otherwise. He guaranteed the pool is clean for use and he services it daily.

It sucks that the kiddos couldn't enjoy the pool considering it was dead, but them are the rules. When I bring guests over (I'm an owner) they always want to visit the pool. My response is wtf for, we have this large beautiful lake. Plus the pool is like sitting in a hot bath tub under the sun. On occasion I visit at night, couple drinks before bed.

Singleton

Reaction score
One morning I was returning to the pool to pick up my sandals from the night before, apparently I didn't need em to stumble back to my room and ran into the pool guy. I asked him about the pool maintenance and how difficult it must be considering the amount of guests on the weekend. He mentioned the pool has about 3 pool pumps constantly filtering the water and to maintain the water quality the pool is constantly filling and draining. He said theres no way to keep it sanitary otherwise. He guaranteed the pool is clean for use and he services it daily.

It sucks that the kiddos couldn't enjoy the pool considering it was dead, but them are the rules. When I bring guests over (I'm an owner) they always want to visit the pool. My response is wtf for, we have this large beautiful lake. Plus the pool is like sitting in a hot bath tub under the sun. On occasion I visit at night, couple drinks before bed.

Timeshare owners used to be able to use the pool when not staying on property. That changed a year after the pool opened.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Nautical is ridiculous.
What are you gonna do, visit the restaraunt and drop $200 on food / drinks with the family, while the kids cry that "everyone else is in the pool....i wanna go to the pool...."

Bullshit.

riverroyal

Reaction score
NOT a new rule. If your over 21 you can use the pool and pool bar as a NON guest. If you have KIDS and NON guest you cant.
If your a guest with kids your fine to use pool.
Its a liability and insurance rule. Think about it.
Some random kid drowns or some teen gets drunk as a non paying room guest.
When you check into the hotel (any hotel) you sign your life away, Its in the small print. They dont want to be sued.
My kids were booted out 3 or 4 years ago, so its not new.
I dont care for the some of the nauticals business ideas, but this is purely liability.

Also, if im vacation from some far off place and paying a bunch for a room at the Nautical would I want a bunch of NON guest drunk assclowns in the pool with me?
What if this was Hawaii and the hotel pool you were staying at.

I get the frustration, but its a business. Good or bad

By the way, I enjoy the locals and non residents in the pool. It makes it much more fun

MagicMan

Reaction score
Timeshare owners used to be able to use the pool when not staying on property. That changed a year after the pool opened.

Interesting, I never tried using the pool when not staying there. Although, I'm always able to get a launch pass when not staying there, one of my favorite perks.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Topock doesn't have hotel guests to accommodate........yet.
When they do I'll be staying there.

How long has everyone been waiting? Do you think a hotel is still happening?? And if so, when??

If it all works out I hope its successful- We like Topock but its hit or miss when it comes to food and service. I am not sure the surrounding areas is a hot bed to find hotel staff to hire- but I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: DWC

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
If I ran the Nautical, I would charge people to use the pool, who weren’t staying at the property...and have them sign a waiver.
Assholes get thrown out regardless of where they are staying. I don’t know that I would want my kids in that pool on a weekend with a bunch g strings and pasties any way...mid week would be a different story.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
They had to fix a bunch after a big storm F'd 'em up exactly one year ago.....
Ask @28Eliminator how that went for him and his boat:(

I can’t really blame the docks, but yeah.... 14k in damage to my boat. NEVER EVER leave your boat in those docks overnight. They’re completely unprotected.

With that said, I have a timeshare there, and if it wasn’t free, it wouldn’t be worth it. We got ran off the docks by the ramp when I went to drop off the wife to go get the truck last time we were out there.. the guy was an asshole. Said we have to go all the way to the courtesy docks to let people on and off.. we always used it before and modify grumbled.. oh well. The ramp is crap anyways. Back to the marina for us. The $20 is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiddin Around

Reaction score
I think chet has done a great job with Topock. Right now it lacks parking for boats at least when its busy. But they do have a swimming pool for the kids, drinks for the adults, good food and live music to listen too. I remember that place back from when the docks caught on fire. I think it progressively is getting better. I do like pirate cove as well however now they are charging to use their beach which i get it....but back in the day they did not charge. I guess since now they market and put on more events, they need more money to do these kind of things.

Singleton

Reaction score
I can’t really blame the docks, but yeah.... 14k in damage to my boat. NEVER EVER leave your boat in those docks overnight. They’re completely unprotected.

With that said, I have a timeshare there, and if it wasn’t free, it wouldn’t be worth it. We got ran off the docks by the ramp when I went to drop off the wife to go get the truck last time we were out there.. the guy was an asshole. Said we have to go all the way to the courtesy docks to let people on and off.. we always used it before and modify grumbled.. oh well. The ramp is crap anyways. Back to the marina for us. The $20 is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gas guy is the biggest PIA at that place.
We love the ramp, way less stress

CoronaChris

Reaction score
IMG_4870.jpg
Parker dam
IMG_4886.jpg
IMG_5120.jpg
Drving the boat now
IMG_5131.jpg
pussy rock
IMG_4943.jpg
IMG_5986.JPG
Javelina Cantina ceviche was the bomb, 2 thumps up. Margaritas not bad either.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
I agree with most of the comments. We just cancelled our reservation that we had with a bunch of family for August. We have been Air B&Bing at different spots around Havasu, Parker and Needles the last 2 years and there are SO many good rentals out there. Most of good amenities that the Nautical offers like Launch ramp and pool don't out way the bad ones like the crappy rooms, a restaurant that if you have more than 2 people is a terrible experience and no Kitchens in most of the rooms.

The last time we stayed at the first cabin club we had to use our own sheets and wear sandals inside because of how dirty it felt. It was like a Motel 6.

If they open the other launch ramp I could see that really benefitting the off water rentals as staying somewhere that has an easy launch and slips is a huge plus for us.

getreal

Reaction score
Is it true that the guy that ownes Pirates also owns the Nautical?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Is it true that the guy that ownes Pirates also owns the Nautical?
Not at the same time. I believe pre-pirates cove he owned it, when it was called the Naked Turtle, but I believe he sold it to the Nautical and they now own and run it. I remember when Pirates Cove first started up, he took issue with Nautical using "Naked" in the name. Now it's just called the "turtle bar" and the "sunny place for shady people" phrase is in use up at Pirates. Pirates also has the "naked pirate bar" branding somewhere in use at Pirates Cove.