WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuckin' Government...NPS Passes Changed...

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Stopped at the ranger station at Katherine's Landing yesterday to buy my new car pass window sticker.

Nope, the new method is a credit card kinda dealio that admits up to two different people on the same card, vehicle no longer matters, its the people that need a pass not the car.

No change on boats, they still get a sticker. You'll need your park pass and a signed ID to check at the ranger station, no more pass lane, all vehicles stop and check ID with pass.

What a cluster fuck this will be, me included as I'm sure that I'll either forget the pass or my ID and have to go back to the house.

Fuckin' government...

:grumble:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
No actually they are being smart. You won't drive ALL THE WAY HOME - You will just buy a day pass. MORE $ in their pockets.

Sad but true...

Carl....That is going to be a major cluster fuck for sure. Seems I moved on at a pretty good time. It will probably be so bad that they will hopefully change what they are doing but.....thats the government for ya

Joker

Reaction score
Come on over to the river Karl.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Does a standard day pass allow the entire car in or is it also based on the amount of people in the vehicle?

530RL

Reaction score
Stopped at the ranger station at Katherine's Landing yesterday to buy my new car pass window sticker.

Nope, the new method is a credit card kinda dealio that admits up to two different people on the same card, vehicle no longer matters, its the people that need a pass not the car.

No change on boats, they still get a sticker. You'll need your park pass and a signed ID to check at the ranger station, no more pass lane, all vehicles stop and check ID with pass.

What a cluster fuck this will be, me included as I'm sure that I'll either forget the pass or my ID and have to go back to the house.

Fuckin' government...

I thought Senior Citizens got into National Parks for free :headscratch: :)

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Does a standard day pass allow the entire car in or is it also based on the amount of people in the vehicle?

Don't know yet. Thinking that the pass gets the carload in the gate. Pass has room for two signatures so I guess it can used by either person that has signed the pass.

Not sure how the revenue or entry process is any better or worse than the old sticker system.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Don't know yet. Thinking that the pass gets the carload in the gate. Pass has room for two signatures so I guess it can used by either person that has signed the pass.

Not sure how the revenue or entry process is any better or worse than the old sticker system.

As I understand it, it's 4 people per carload.

Sawtooth

Thanks for everything Dad
Reaction score
Come on Carl you know its just another way for "Big Brother" to keep his foot on your throat, this way he knows where you have been, where you are going, and how much fun you are having. Bottom line is if you visit the park to many times then the government will be able to tell you have to much money and are enjoying life to much, and they will be more than happy to help you with both of those!!!:eek:thumbsdown

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
And this kind of stuff is one of the reasons why I hate lake mohave

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Well Carl..............probably time to dump that US Park Service run lake and move to Havasu............... IMG_0008.PNG

shan

Reaction score

Fuckin' government...

You own a running boat?:D

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
As I understand it, it's 4 people per carload.

From the back of the pass;

"Admits the pass holder and occupants of a single, private non-commercial vehicle OR pass holder and three persons where per person entrance fees are charged."

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
You could have at least included a smiley.;)

OK...:cool

By the by...a couple do run...one stores resin infused gasoline and another runs 190+...temp gauge not speedo...

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
I thought Senior Citizens got into National Parks for free :headscratch: :)

Yep, "Golden Age Pass" works at ANY National Park, nationwide.. It's really cool if you're traveling in an RV as it covers camping fees at most Federal campgrounds..

Ray

PS Lake Mohave charges Seniors 1/2 daily boat fee$, and the yearly permits are also reduced, at least they were. Not sure now..

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
the issue CC is that

they see too many team el monte rolling in with 1 lake lice ride and a bus load of people to share between them
and they are missing out on a lot of entry
$$$

don't worry it will be like the drive in movie days
they'll hide under the bbq in the back
:p

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
From the back of the pass;

"Admits the pass holder and occupants of a single, private non-commercial vehicle OR pass holder and three persons where per person entrance fees are charged."

LOL, 75% of pickup trucks in California are registered as commercial due to weight fees on them:p:D:D:D