WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fucking Thieves

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
So I go out to my truck after shooting pool a couple nights ago and notice the door handle on my 04 Silverado busted out. Bastards. No other cars were hit, just mine, they got away with my toolbox of "around the house" stuff, nothing of value, not my auto stuff, my registration and various other paper work for some reason, my usb charger, the change in the center console, and a couple of pairs on sunglasses. Nice head unit unmolested, nothing else of value I can see gone, just little crap I am noticing, didn't go through the bed of the truck or anything. I wonder why they chose mine, maybe just the ease of breaking into silverados. Who the fuck knows. I just pissed off that I feel punked and have to spend money to fix this shit. Two nights earlier and they would have hit the jackpot on Christmas presents and stuff like that. I personally am ready for 2016 to be over.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
So I go out to my truck after shooting pool a couple nights ago and notice the door handle on my 04 Silverado busted out. Bastards. No other cars were hit, just mine, they got away with my toolbox of "around the house" stuff, nothing of value, not my auto stuff, my registration and various other paper work for some reason, my usb charger, the change in the center console, and a couple of pairs on sunglasses. Nice head unit unmolested, nothing else of value I can see gone, just little crap I am noticing, didn't go through the bed of the truck or anything. I wonder why they chose mine, maybe just the ease of breaking into silverados. Who the fuck knows. I just pissed off that I feel punked and have to spend money to fix this shit. Two nights earlier and they would have hit the jackpot on Christmas presents and stuff like that. I personally am ready for 2016 to be over.

I had two friends over today to use my launch ramp and go skiing. Both have 04 Chevys, both have been broken into, one of them twice. There is some deal the one guy told me about that goes inside the door to stop it, and comes with a sticker to let the thief know before they punch a hole in your door.

Flynryan

Reaction score
I hope they didnt get your garage door opener. Lots of thieves do this so we hide ours in the cars. I also black out the registration. If a cop asks I would just tell the truth, they can see your address from your lic plate # anyways.
Sorry to hear it.
What comes around goes around. They will get theirs!

yz450mm

Reaction score
Replace the handle with one without the lock cylinder, and use the FOB only. Change the batteries once a year, and keep your AAA up in case the FOB won't work sometime.

DLC

Reaction score
I have an 05 contractor body hd2500 Silverado, ( called the money maker ) I just finished a job and brought everything home and had it in the truck it was late when I got home 10:30 pm and said I'll unload it in the morning. This was the night before Desert Storm and I was planning to drive out mid morning after I cleaned out the truck...

Well some tweaker did or for me and broke my driver door window! Got me for $3,500 worth of Milwaukee M12 cordless and batteries and a ton of hand tools !! The tweaker dropped his dew rag and had a crack pipe wrapped up in it.. We live in a nice neighborhood and was shocked and really pissed off...

I now have an alarm for the truck and motion lights for the frt yard so I hope that was the 1st and last time!

It just sucks the big one! I missed desert storm !! Having to deal with a new window and a police report!

9 months later I'm still finding stuff that I'm missing...

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Here in the High Desert, thieves are targeting tailgates.

blue2184

Reaction score
They are usually looking for the trucks cause they know most of them will have a hand gun hid in them somewhere... In San Antonio They will wait till you go into bass pro shops or academy and break into your truck looking for hand guns... A buddy of mine just bought a brand new truck and stopped at academy to buy his hunting license and came outside to a broke out window... Cop said it happens all the time their...

Taboma

Reaction score
they took your registration to get your home address.

Up your home owners, you will be hit shortly. It happens all tge time.

Unless they steal your garage door remote (Most of us using Homelink) what good does having your address do them ? Why target your house, instead of the neighbors or some random home ?

I'm not seeing how this provides them an advantage. I always remove my house keys when I turn my truck over for a car wash or service, but I don't remove my registration.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I have an 05 contractor body hd2500 Silverado, ( called the money maker ) I just finished a job and brought everything home and had it in the truck it was late when I got home 10:30 pm and said I'll unload it in the morning. This was the night before Desert Storm and I was planning to drive out mid morning after I cleaned out the truck...

Well some tweaker did or for me and broke my driver door window! Got me for $3,500 worth of Milwaukee M12 cordless and batteries and a ton of hand tools !! The tweaker dropped his dew rag and had a crack pipe wrapped up in it.. We live in a nice neighborhood and was shocked and really pissed off...

I now have an alarm for the truck and motion lights for the frt yard so I hope that was the 1st and last time!

It just sucks the big one! I missed desert storm !! Having to deal with a new window and a police report!

9 months later I'm still finding stuff that I'm missing...

That's the worst part to me. I've had it happen and months later realized they had also got other things. Pissed me off all over. Yesterday I took my wallet out because I needed a business card, I set it on my prints and the pm hollered for me to go check something out. Gone about 10 minutes. I come back and my wallet is on the floor and all my money was gone. It was my fault but it pissed me off. We all make good money why someone felt the needed my 60 bucks is beyond me but they needed it more than me I guess. Thieves sux

Taboma

Reaction score
That's the worst part to me. I've had it happen and months later realized they had also got other things. Pissed me off all over. Yesterday I took my wallet out because I needed a business card, I set it on my prints and the pm hollered for me to go check something out. Gone about 10 minutes. I come back and my wallet is on the floor and all my money was gone. It was my fault but it pissed me off. We all make good money why someone felt the needed my 60 bucks is beyond me but they needed it more than me I guess. Thieves sux

Damn Vic, that's a sad commentary of the state of our construction trades. It wasn't always like that, they might have ripped off a company drill motor, but would have respected your wallet and money. Glad I'm retired :thumbup:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Damn Vic, that's a sad commentary of the state of our construction trades. It wasn't always like that, they might have ripped off a company drill motor, but would have respected your wallet and money. Glad I'm retired :thumbup:

That's what pissed me off so much. The money wasn't the issue it's the type of person I have on my site. I don't want him there.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score

Sorry about someone taking the money out of your wallet. The PM on one of our builds, set up a camera in the job shack because they had a small thief problem. Pens, tapes and so on. Shit that's not much money but, pisses you off. He put a $20 under a small rock on the plans desk with a note on it that said "order lunch at 11:00". Did that for a week. Every day it was gone before 11. I watched the vid. Workers would walk in, if no one around the desk a quick look around the room and into the pocket the 20 would go. Everyone that took the money was fired and can never come back on one of our job sites. The sad thing was is, when asked, they didn't see that they did anything wrong. They see it as anything left unattended at the work place is no different then money sitting on the sidewalk. Zero respect for private property, zero guilt. We were the bad guys. How the hell do people come to that point in their life.

Tinkerer

Reaction score
Breading and training. Parents don't teach their kids what is proper anymore. They don't teach to respect others property. AND most of all they don't teach respect.

Taboma

Reaction score
Sorry about someone taking the money out of your wallet. The PM on one of our builds, set up a camera in the job shack because they had a small thief problem. Pens, tapes and so on. Shit that's not much money but, pisses you off. He put a $20 under a small rock on the plans desk with a note on it that said "order lunch at 11:00". Did that for a week. Every day it was gone before 11. I watched the vid. Workers would walk in, if no one around the desk a quick look around the room and into the pocket the 20 would go. Everyone that took the money was fired and can never come back on one of our job sites. The sad thing was is, when asked, they didn't see that they did anything wrong. They see it as anything left unattended at the work place is no different then money sitting on the sidewalk. Zero respect for private property, zero guilt. We were the bad guys. How the hell do people come to that point in their life.

Damn :eek Wonder where "That line" gets drawn during the next phase of evolution ? They feel welcome to anything you can't defend against them taking ? :yikes

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Damn :eek Wonder where "That line" gets drawn during the next phase of evolution ? They feel welcome to anything you can't defend against them taking ? :yikes

We had some kids on the Oregon football team steal laptops from other sudents. When ask why, they said "we wanted them and their parents have insurance so they get new ones. No big problem". The second shock was they got to stay on the team.:yikes

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Jimmy jacker is the product that bolts behind the silverado door handles to help with anti theft. I have them on my truck.

dave29

Reaction score
Unless they steal your garage door remote (Most of us using Homelink) what good does having your address do them ? Why target your house, instead of the neighbors or some random home ?

I'm not seeing how this provides them an advantage. I always remove my house keys when I turn my truck over for a car wash or service, but I don't remove my registration.

While you're having another beer in the bar or your wife's still shopping for your birthday gift, they're on their way to your house because your registration has your home address and you're not there and they know it!

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score

If your truck is at the mall or grocery store, obviously you're not home. I had the same thing happen to me. Truck was broken into, registration was gone, I got home and my house was torn apart. Got 4 guns, tv's...all sorts of stuff.

Taboma

Reaction score
If your truck is at the mall or grocery store, obviously you're not home. I had the same thing happen to me. Truck was broken into, registration was gone, I got home and my house was torn apart. Got 4 guns, tv's...all sorts of stuff.

"While you're having another beer in the bar or your wife's still shopping for your birthday gift, they're on their way to your house because your registration has your home address and you're not there and they know it!"

I do get your point, sorry you got hit !! However as much as it might improve their odds somewhat, all that means is ONE vehicle and owner is at the mall or bar, certainly no guarantee that there's an empty house ripe for the pickin. Certainly not as good of odds as actually casing the hood, learning patterns and waiting for both cars to leave for work and or school.

I live in a pretty rural area, so we're all very watchful and suspicious of strange vehicles. Oddly the only two fairly recent cases of home theft were committed by workers either having worked on the victim's home or one nearby.

chaser

Reaction score
My truck got broken into last week. they did take the reg and small hand tools. they had better not break into my house, they would face a really pissed off caine corso (about 130 lbs ) and a mean 5 lbs yorkie.:rolleyes