WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuel injector cleaning service - North OC

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Had a Cool Fuel Paint delamination problem on my 496 MAG at the end of last season due to ethanol in the fuel. Changed out the entire fuel module and pumps, now believe that some of the injectors may be clogged with debris rrom the rail. Engine runs, but rough. Will plane but it takes a while and I can hear it struggling

Anyone know of a good local injector cleaning/rebuild service in the No. OC area?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Chris Brown's performance marine in Costa Mesa.

Also, it's not ethanol. The engineers at Mercruiser had a lapse in judgement and thought it wouldnot matter if they got paint inside the fuel pump housing. If you play your cards right, sometimes you can get them to assist you with the cost of the new pump assy; even if your engine is out of warranty. I just did a 7 year old one 2 MO ago that they covered partially for the customer

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Chris Brown's performance marine in Costa Mesa.

Also, it's not ethanol. The engineers at Mercruiser had a lapse in judgement and thought it wouldnot matter if they got paint inside the fuel pump housing. If you play your cards right, sometimes you can get them to assist you with the cost of the new pump assy; even if your engine is out of warranty. I just did a 7 year old one 2 MO ago that they covered partially for the customer

Isn't that interesting. I've been consistently told by multiple sources, all Merc certified, that the "paint used was rated for 10% ethanol. Started having problems when fuels went to 15%"

Your explanation is more disappointing than the excuse I received, especially for a major marine company. Tried everything I knew to get Mercury to help, but no luck.

Knowledge really is power.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
In my experience probaby about 5 pumps myself and more than a dozen that have come through my shop, they have paid for the parts and the owner pays for the labor. If you can prove via pictures that your fuel pump assy has paint inside the housing and it is noticeably detaching from the inside of the housing. Many times you will find paint chips collecting at the filter screen for the pressure regulator. They are more willing to help original owners but they have covered 2nd owners at my shop. Has to have been diagnosed and repaired my a Merc authorized dealer/service facility. And the facility has to know to petition for it. I have no experience after the fact but wish you good luck in the matter to get some $$ back