WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuel log / fuel distribution ideas, pls.

Western Flyer

Reaction score
Getting to the point where it's time to plumb the carbs on my blown 540. Shafiroff included stainless lines to the sidemount 850's themselves, now need to run the supply to the two -8' inlets with a log(?) with regulator deadheaded and a return. Not a huge fan of running flopping braided lines, so what are you happy with?
By the way, the center to center of the carb feeds is 8-3/4"
Thx.

Last edited:

sintax

Reaction score
Tagged.

I'm interested in this as well.

Is there any rough math for sizing fuel lines?

Western Flyer

Reaction score
Not that I know or that it's correct, but for a 1000 hp gas motor, I have -10 from the tanks, valve and filter and -8 from there. Supposedly -6 at the carbs is sufficient, but I'm thinking that may be small at full flow (?)
Right now, I'm looking at a fuel pump with-10 out but from there to the actual carbs is what I'm interested in seeing. Theres all kinds of AN hose and fittings from Summit, etc for a single 4150, along with logs for a single. CP has an actual log that would mount to both carbs, which is clean but the center to center measurement is off.

Last edited:

scottchbrite

Reaction score
#6 from the regulator to carb should be sufficient. Who did the carbs? They might be the best advice. I’ve always used braided (stainless with Teflon liner) hose. I prefer the ease of the hoses vs any log or hard line. It may not be as fancy but it’s a trade off for easier maintenance etc.