WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

fuel pressure testing

sintax

Reaction score
I want to confirm I'm not having fuel delivery issues in the upper RPMs so I wanted to add a gauge for testing.

I'm running a single 4150 carb, and was going to add a AN to AN fitting w/ a 1/8" gauge port to the end of the carb fuel feed assembly where the hose runs up from the pump. From the port I was just going to run a 3-4' length of fuel line to a gauge so someone can watch it from the back seat.

Since we're only talking 5.5-7.5 lbs here, will that length of hose cause any PSI drop or fluctuation in the test? I just want to make sure i'm not introducing a variable that makes me think I have other problems.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Pressure is pressure, once the line is filled with fuel it’ll show same pressure with it attached to regulator as it would with 25’ of hose between. Just may have a minute variance right at fire up when it’s pressuring the line.

sintax

Reaction score
Pressure is pressure, once the line is filled with fuel it’ll show same pressure with it attached to regulator as it would with 25’ of hose between. Just may have a minute variance right at fire up when it’s pressuring the line.

ok, thats what my thoughts were.

I'm the wrong kind of engineer to chat about fluid dynamics and pressures.

Thanks for the sanity check

oldschool

Reaction score
Are you not running a fuel pressure gauge currently?

oldschool

Reaction score
I would think about a permanent gauge of some type.