WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuel Prices = Corporate Greed

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I keep hearing the media and dumbocrats saying this but they can't explain why the oil companies suddenly got greedy after brandon took office. Why were they not greedy when Trump was president?

They say oil companies are making record profits. I guess they don't understand how margin works. If your costs go up then your gross profit goes up if you keep the same margin. No company is going to lower their margin just because costs increase.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
The liberal left always blaming someone else, it's their modus operandi.
My only issue on this is, why does fuel cost more in Phoenix than it does in Havasu or even little dirt water stops like Harcuvar?

I bought 91 non-ethanol at Parker fuel during DS for 5.25. That’s nearly what 91 unleaded cost here in Peoria.

The delta in price, for the same brand seems suspicious to me. I do believe there is some corporate fuckery going on.

That said, I don’t want the government to interfere. Let the free market sort it out

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
My only issue on this is, why does fuel cost more in Phoenix than it does in Havasu or even little dirt water stops like Harcuvar?

I bought 91 non-ethanol at Parker fuel during DS for 5.25. That’s nearly what 91 unleaded cost here in Peoria.

The delta in price, for the same brand seems suspicious to me. I do believe there is some corporate fuckery going on.

That said, I don’t want the government to interfere. Let the free market sort it out
Trucking costs, land value of the station, wages, etc etc. Everything costs more in the city than it does in areas where demand is lower for everything, this is true even when fuel is $1.50 a gallon.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Trucking costs, land value of the station, wages, etc etc. Everything costs more in the city than it does in areas where demand is lower for everything, this is true even when fuel is $1.50 a gallon.
I guess so. 5% difference when fuel is 1.85 is nearly undetectable. At 5.00 it is, but it’s still 5%

Wedgy

Reaction score
the little Texas owns farther away from the big city are paying the premium for trucking delivery for the distance.

Reg $3.77, Diesel is a tic over $5. So, 2014 Cali prices in Texas, in 2022. Sure miss the $1.77 gas. Used to smell like money often, in the mornings around here. Ironic. It seemed to start waning not long after Jan, 2020. Just an observation. FJB. DGB.

My Vet? Gas bill doubled. Farmer's? A tough, tough, bunch. Concern, is an understatement. Diesel here was not that cheap, but at double the price? Truckers? American Heartland is Truck central. Mostly all farm/ranch/dairy, etc product deliveries to Mills, Gins, Silos, etc, are by Semi anymore, not Bobtails. Texas? Pickup truck central. Shortbed city here in this town. 3 vans, A SeaRay, and a Shorty in front of my house, more trucks than cars parked around here. High percentage of diesels. Everybody working pulls a trailer. Wide open spaces. Anywhere is a looong way from anywhere around here. So.

Who can afford A Grand or two per fill up? Um, yeah. This is getting ugly.
And over the horizon?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Oil is priced by the market.
That price is not set by the oil companies…they produce oil and it sells for what it sells for.

They can just as easily lose their asses.

No one was crying foul for the oil companies when oil was -$30/bbl during the lockdowns.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I keep hearing the media and dumbocrats saying this but they can't explain why the oil companies suddenly got greedy after brandon took office. Why were they not greedy when Trump was president?

They say oil companies are making record profits. I guess they don't understand how margin works. If your costs go up then your gross profit goes up if you keep the same margin. No company is going to lower their margin just because costs increase.
“It’s Putin’s fault, or basically anyone but the democrats.” ~ RodnJim

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I just did a trip from northern NV across to Denver and then Phoenix and back home. Cheapest diesel was $5.119 in Holbrook, AZ. $5.59 in Phoenix.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Oil is priced by the market.
That price is not set by the oil companies…they produce oil and it sells for what it sells for.

They can just as easily lose their asses.

No one was crying foul for the oil companies when oil was -$30/bbl during the lockdowns.
That still doesn’t account for a sizable price delta at a Chevron from Peoria/Havasu/Harcuvar and elsewhere.

As a matter of fact, fuel should be less in Phoenix/Peoria than in small secondary road stops. Doesn’t make sense to me that it’s less In Harcuvar than across the street from my home. Transportation of fuel to that station is higher to get there, no matter where it comes from.

Unless it’s a different tax based on county or city?

pronstar

Reaction score
That still doesn’t account for a sizable price delta at a Chevron from Peoria/Havasu/Harcuvar and elsewhere.

As a matter of fact, fuel should be less in Phoenix/Peoria than in small secondary road stops. Doesn’t make sense to me that it’s less In Harcuvar than across the street from my home. Transportation of fuel to that station is higher to get there, no matter where it comes from.

Unless it’s a different tax based on county or city?

Gas is a commodity and pricing is always a race to the bottom.

Unless there’s serious price-fixing happening in your area, stations only make a few cents per gallon.

Plus most stations are independent businesses, and the only way to sell more of a commodity in a free and open marketplace is on price.

That’s why every gas station sells snacks and other more-profitable things.

I don’t know the specifics of your area but that’s generally how it works.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Yesterday in Cordes lake gas was 4.39 but diesel was 5.79.

Wedgy

Reaction score
No diesel. Well shit. Cotton used to grow tall, used to be picked by hand. Now its short, compact, perfect. For an 8 row cotton stripper. Now Ain't that a bitch...

Drill for more oil? Diesel. Exploration? Good luck attempting to get out to a location. Diesel.

What the Morons in charge fail to realize. The end of the world as we know it without diesel.

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
No diesel. Well shit. Cotton used to grow tall, used to be picked by hand. Now its short, compact, perfect. For an 8 row cotton stripper. Now Ain't that a bitch...

Drill for more oil? Diesel. Exploration? Good luck attempting to get out to a location. Diesel.

What the Morons in charge fail to realize. The end of the world as we know it without diesel.

SUFFER, I am at the Point - Everything to Suffer, Let everyone Suffer and when it is finally Enough Is Enough, remember, Were you one of those who were Whining about Mean Old President Trump and his Brutally Honest and Spot-On "Tweets"?

All of this Foolishness began with the U.S. Hating "Oblamer" and now with the "Dimocrats" being hijacked by the "Squad" this is way past Crazy and the fact it is just accepted as "?" is so close to the Point Of No Return.:confused:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

They don't fail to realize it. They know exactly what they are doing. This is not about "build back better"...this is about build it how they want it. They want green energy here, no matter the cost to us serfs. It will be ugly, we're only just now starting to see what's coming down the pipe...and shit rolls down hill.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
They don't fail to realize it. They know exactly what they are doing. This is not about "build back better"...this is about build it how they want it. They want green energy here, no matter the cost to us serfs. It will be ugly, we're only just now starting to see what's coming down the pipe...and shit rolls down hill.

When the older generation Passes, the resistance will be minimal, if any. The younger generations have been "Conditioned" Bit by Bit and over time are very easy to Mold to anything needed.

Wedgy

Reaction score
In Cali, water is next. At least water is still 25 cents a gallon here. $1.00 a gallon in the store. City water here is safe and potable, but nasty. But well backed up, very important on the Ogalla. That stops quick, if no power, or diesel.

Long gone are Endless Summer days in SoCal, carefree adventures in the '65 Impala, cruising out to the shady Oak glen in San Marcos in the 1970's, where artesian water was dispensed out of the ground from Rock Springs, on the honor system.

Be Prepared

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Long gone are Endless Summer days in SoCal, carefree adventures in the '65 Impala, cruising out to the shady Oak glen in San Marcos in the 1970's, where artesian water was dispensed out of the ground from Rock Springs, on the honor system.
Don't know much about the 70's, always figured disco and bell bottoms were the thing (and Black Sabbath as it's saving grace)...but it sounds from that description there is a place I need to go when I get my time machine running.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Where they put the San Elijo landfill in San Marcos was another beautiful SoCal Oak glen with a creek running through it. Dirt bike riders and riders on Horseback existed in harmony. On Escondido Creek there was Harmony Grove, Elfin Forest. All dirt roads, back in the day. North Broadway, Reidy Creek, Crawdads! Hunt inside the city limits. Fish Turner, Del Dios. Shh. :D Only got caught once.

North SD County Kid's Summer Copper Canyon, out behind La Costa, at 3 Falls on San Marcos creek.

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
L A. County Bitches! 😁

20220515_192221.jpg

And yes, the weather was incredible this weekend too! 😁👍

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I find it frustrating that despite being mostly produced here, the price of E-85 has gone up so much. Russian oil issues should not affect the price of it more than a fraction. It sure seems like it is market manipulation more than just increased demand. Somebody's getting rich off of us poor saps.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I find it frustrating that despite being mostly produced here, the price of E-85 has gone up so much. Russian oil issues should not affect the price of it more than a fraction. It sure seems like it is market manipulation more than just increased demand. Somebody's getting rich off of us poor saps.
From your own San Diego newspaper.
You are paying the highest State tax and fees in the country.
Might want to ask Newsome about that massive surplus he has before he starts buying mansions or Chinese face masks.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

Even VOX, the most left leaning apologist rag around!!!!

"Some economists argue, though, that all this came at the cost of making inflation worse. New Consumer Price Index numbers released Wednesday showed prices up 8.3 percent compared to one year before. And “core inflation,” which excludes volatile energy and food prices, rose 0.6 percent in just one month."

From Obama's chief econ advisor:
Jason Furman

@jasonfurman

U.S. inflation remains *much* higher than euro area inflation. This is the 12-month change in core HICP, a somewhat comparable measure for the two economies. The US has consistently been ~4pp higher than Europe. That is a HUGE difference.

Bottom line, our asinine leftist policy infestation over the last 20 months or so has fucked the US like no other country could.

Talk about suicide. Elect a democrat, and take a self inflicted wound...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Even VOX, the most left leaning apologist rag around!!!!

"Some economists argue, though, that all this came at the cost of making inflation worse. New Consumer Price Index numbers released Wednesday showed prices up 8.3 percent compared to one year before. And “core inflation,” which excludes volatile energy and food prices, rose 0.6 percent in just one month."

From Obama's chief econ advisor:
Jason Furman

@jasonfurman

U.S. inflation remains *much* higher than euro area inflation. This is the 12-month change in core HICP, a somewhat comparable measure for the two economies. The US has consistently been ~4pp higher than Europe. That is a HUGE difference.

Bottom line, our asinine leftist policy infestation over the last 20 months or so has fucked the US like no other country could.

Talk about suicide. Elect a democrat, and take a self inflicted wound...
My buddy walked into the shop yesterday morning. "Welp, we must be in trouble. CNN said this morning that there is a chance a recession is coming. For them to say it, it means it's here."

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

JPMorgan Sees Gas Prices Hitting $6.20 By August

teaser image
Total US gasoline inventories could fall below 160 mb by the end of August, the lowest inventory level since the 1950s...

TUE MAY 17, AT 12:25 PM

That would be CA gas at $8.20 or so...........................

View attachment 1116831
Damn :(
I see this and it worries the hell out of me. There are guys here that are contractors, and some guys that may own their own semis. This will continue to hurt them. I know at least one inmate with a fleet, probably 30+ trucks. The monthly fuel costs may be as much as my home. Little guys are getting pinched, but so are the bigger outfits. This isn't good for any one of us.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Damn :(
I see this and it worries the hell out of me. There are guys here that are contractors, and some guys that may own their own semis. This will continue to hurt them. I know at least one inmate with a fleet, probably 30+ trucks. The monthly fuel costs may be as much as my home. Little guys are getting pinched, but so are the bigger outfits. This isn't good for any one of us.

A pissed off populace is an informed populace.

I've been trying to warn people for years about what's going down and I feel for the one's that are informed, but the imbeciles who weren't, chew fucking soap morons!!!

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
Its going to get ugly for everyone. Might as well rip the band aid off interest rates and let them go to 25% while their at it.

pronstar

Reaction score
Its going to get ugly for everyone. Might as well rip the band aid off interest rates and let them go to 25% while their at it.

You ain’t wrong…it will be painful either way.
They have very few tools in their toolbox, despite what they want us to believe.

IMHO the Fed is engineering a market pullback to cool the economy…leaves us with less money to buy things after injecting trillions into the system, slowing inflation. But this is treating the symptom not the cause of inflation.

They need inflation to shrink the debt, but it’s political suicide to say that part out loud.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wall Street got the keys to America’s pension wealth when Defined Benefit became Defined Contribution.

If anyone is gonna make poor decisions with my money, it’s gonna be me 👍
That was my logic, albeit on a smaller scale. I cashed out what I had for retirement, and paid off my houses. I'm very old school, I wanted something, anything, tangible. Everything else to me seemed just like binary code...ones and zeroes on a screen :oops:

Wedgy

Reaction score
A Bird in the Hand.....

Location, location, location. Super good move buying there when you did. Smart move on the payoff, Sir. My 15 years short, pensions do pay my house payment here in Levelland.

I came out in the Cabin Cruiser to see Mom in the nursing home in Littlefield in 2014, realized I wasn't going anywhere. No way was I going to rent. A blessing I bought a house here in 2015. No way now. ReFied lnto a 15 yr last year at a straight 2.5%.

Right behind you MW! Don't hit the brakes!!

Wedgy

Reaction score
Wall Street got the keys to America’s pension wealth when Defined Benefit became Defined Contribution.

If anyone is gonna make poor decisions with my money, it’s gonna be me 👍
For all the grift, and corruption in the Unions that will not be named, and some that no longer exist, by design, one reason to remain Union. Defined Benefit Pensions. Plus! If you pay dues as a Retiree, they always have to worry about you showing up at a meeting, blowing the lid off of all the Bullshit. I've got Priors. :D And I just uncovered a really big, POS.

Last edited: