WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuel system return question.

rider68

Reaction score
I was wondering how guys have been plumbing return fuel off of the regulator when running two tanks. I have a imco fuel selector for the suction side but nothing for return. I was trying to get the return to the tanks not just return to the filter for cooling.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I was wondering how guys have been plumbing return fuel off of the regulator when running two tanks. I have a imco fuel selector for the suction side but nothing for return. I was trying to get the return to the tanks not just return to the filter for cooling.
Most boats have a water cooled fuel cooler mounted to the engine to where this isn't an issue. Ive seen these on a few jetboats though. Its just a Ford style fuel tank selector off their dual tank obs trucks. Theres singles off of the carbed applications and duals like this one off of the fuel injected trucks

Screenshot_20211204-163045_Amazon Shopping.jpg

oldschool

Reaction score
On my turbo set up I ran a return from the regulator to a 2 brass 2 way ball valve and back to the tanks. My tanks didn’t have a return port so I found a piece that fit in the filler neck. You just have to make sure you return to the same tank you are pulling from.

Teague_JR

Reaction score
you need an IMCO 6 port valve. same as the one you gave but its a pair of valves stacked together. I think they can convert your 3 to a 6 maybe. call imco

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
X2. Imco makes a fuel valve with two returns.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
6 wat valve then this on the fuel fill hose just up from the tank, if the tank doesn’t have a second port in it.
93473EEF-E1EB-465A-B1AD-F8DD8ABDCD00.png