WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuk management and fuk this job, I quit

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Funny thing is, everyone here jumps to conclusions that she is a "liberal snowflake" because of her Guages and colored hair!! That's just the "fad/style" with that generation, kinda like your "bell bottoms and platform shoes" when most on here was a kid. I have met a ton of younger peeps with "holes in their ears and colored hair" that lean more "red" then some commenting in here. Although I do agree with "social media" making people attention whores. I can almost bet most that work for "CCP/Walmart" have the same feeling as her. The place is a shithole to work for!!

Dana757

Reaction score
I fired few bosses but not like that. It was a low pay job and those are a dime a dozen right now. As far as the f bombs go, big deal.
My brother's kid got a job at Amazon. Quit the first day at lunch. A few years and a few shit jobs later he's knocking down bank. Makes way more than me.

PaPaG

Reaction score
As I have always said to any of my friends, if you don't like your job quit and stop bitching or crying about it, go find another job if you are worth a shit and stop being a cry baby biatch.

Wedgy

Reaction score
"Well, one good fucking, deserves another."
RIP, Carl Peters

Xring01

Reaction score
Make all the judgements you want, but realize a few things.
The millennials have been entering the work place for about 10 year now. They will replace the older generations in the workforce. Thats a fact, not subject to debate. Management has to learn how to get the best our of them, or management may not have enough employees to get the job done.

Some chose to stand out in the crowd, in there fashion choices, some dont. But that doesnt mean they cant get a Walmart job done. Come on... its freaking Walmart, who cares is she has guages, nose rings or tattoos. Does that really matter. Its her life, she has to live with her choices.

Regardless, this young lady obviously did a good enough job for 5 years with out being fired. Based on her actions alone, her management failed her, and its safe to assume they are failing the others in that store also. If I was the District Manager, I would be looking very closely at that store, after that exit. I would interview every employee before I sat down with the managers. Because there is something wrong here. What I saw was someone who had been putting up with a shit for a long time and its been building and building. Management turned a blind eye, and allowed it spew out, all over the intercomm and the internet.

For Walmart, is far cheaper to retain a trained employee, than it is to bring in a new employee and start the training over some scratch. Combine that with todays job market and kids making $19/hr at In/Out... or higher in other places.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
I get the whole don't burn a bridge idea. Maybe after a good career you just want a greeter job to pass time in or just need a buck or two. If the manager was doing bad shit , she should have drug him over the coals. I don't know how much HR training wm gives their employees.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
On to Starbucks with the stretched ears and nose ring I guess.
This is what we have to work with.
Unless management has unlimited resources, this is what business gets, at the medium pay scale.
If we’re lucky, they are too lazy to find another job, and they actually start to catch on, after a year or two.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This is what we have to work with.
Unless management has unlimited resources, this is what business gets, at the medium pay scale.
If we’re lucky, they are too lazy to find another job, and they actually start to catch on, after a year or two.

Starbucks, Amazon, Wal Mart and most companies bank on that type of worker. Get them in, promise them upward mobility that isn't there, and work them until they quit so can control wages, or they are too lazy and just stay.

C-2

Reaction score
Like Xring01 said - get with the times, these kids are here to stay.

If you have children, what entry level jobs are they gonna take when they become eligible to work and are going to school?

Wedgy

Reaction score

In San Diego, UFCW Local 135 SD, also UFCW Local 770 LA MedMen in San Diego, and many others in SD, Orange, LA counties. Cali State law.

Live Better Work Union

Last edited:

Your ad here

Reaction score
If there's a problem but no one is mentioning it or acknowledging it, how does it get resolved? I see that here. It's an abrupt way to do it but maybe taking the "professional route" wasn't working with the managers that may be the problem. I would like to hear Walmarts version.

Last edited:

HBCraig

Reaction score
People are assholes.

My daughter just took a job at Starbucks and listening to her stories about customers going off because of simple mistakes is mind blowing. It's a cup of coffee.

Sometimes the customer is dead fawking wrong. There's no reason to treat anybody like shit, regardless of who they are or where they work.
Yep. Rude fugging people that think they are their servants. Another thing that is rude as well is people on their phone calls that pay zero attention to the people that are serving them.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Make all the judgements you want, but realize a few things.
The millennials have been entering the work place for about 10 year now. They will replace the older generations in the workforce. Thats a fact, not subject to debate. Management has to learn how to get the best our of them, or management may not have enough employees to get the job done.

Some chose to stand out in the crowd, in there fashion choices, some dont. But that doesnt mean they cant get a Walmart job done. Come on... its freaking Walmart, who cares is she has guages, nose rings or tattoos. Does that really matter. Its her life, she has to live with her choices.

Regardless, this young lady obviously did a good enough job for 5 years with out being fired. Based on her actions alone, her management failed her, and its safe to assume they are failing the others in that store also. If I was the District Manager, I would be looking very closely at that store, after that exit. I would interview every employee before I sat down with the managers. Because there is something wrong here. What I saw was someone who had been putting up with a shit for a long time and its been building and building. Management turned a blind eye, and allowed it spew out, all over the intercomm and the internet.

For Walmart, is far cheaper to retain a trained employee, than it is to bring in a new employee and start the training over some scratch. Combine that with todays job market and kids making $19/hr at In/Out... or higher in other places.
Sorry, but the pink hair, nose ring, etc along with her lack of tact , i wouldn't say shit to the store manager except give him a handshake. Sorry but ghetto bullshit needs to be left in the ghetto

C-2

Reaction score

In San Diego, UFCW Local 135 SD, also UFCW Local 770 LA MedMen in San Diego, and many others in SD, Orange, LA counties. Cali State law.

Live Better Work Union

What is that? Cannabis jobs are union?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
People are assholes.

My daughter just took a job at Starbucks and listening to her stories about customers going off because of simple mistakes is mind blowing. It's a cup of coffee.

Sometimes the customer is dead fawking wrong. There's no reason to treat anybody like shit, regardless of who they are or where they work.

My sister worked at Starbucks and the stories she would tell about the customers are unreal and most were everyday'ers getting their fix. Thank GOD i don't deal with the public like that, I wouldn't last and probably be in jail.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My sister worked at Starbucks and the stories she would tell about the customers are unreal and most were everyday'ers getting their fix. Thank GOD i don't deal with the public like that, I wouldn't last and probably be in jail.

Starbucks - coffee for whiny wokeholes served by whiny wokeholes.

Wedgy

Reaction score
What is that? Cannabis jobs are union?

Yes Indeed. All Cannibis retailers. As required by California state law,, as described below, in paragraph 3. 😁

Xring01

Reaction score
Sorry, but the pink hair, nose ring, etc along with her lack of tact , i wouldn't say shit to the store manager except give him a handshake. Sorry but ghetto bullshit needs to be left in the ghetto
What part of that was ghetto.
Hair? Piercing? Age?

How is calling out management after 5 years ghetto?

I can see some immaturity, sure…but thats due to her age…..

But thats not ghetto. I can show you ghetto in a heart beat. That is a very very long ways from ghetto. Ghetto rarely keeps a job for 5years. Much less 5 months.

In todays labor shortage, with weekly threads on this forum, wanting to hire, cant find workers, etc etc high wages at McDonalds etcetc…

How is walmart going to quickly replace someone with 5 years of experience?

Last edited:

HBCraig

Reaction score
What part of that was ghetto.
Hair? Piercing? Age?

How is calling out management after 5 years ghetto?

I can see some immaturity, sure…but thats due to her age…..

But thats not ghetto. I can show you ghetto in a heart beat. That is a very very long ways from ghetto. Ghetto rarely keeps a job for 5years. Much less 5 months.

In todays labor shortage, with weekly threads on this forum, wanting to hire, cant find workers, etc etc high wages at McDonalds etcetc…

How is walmart going to quickly replace someone with 5 years of experience?
Sorry, wrong term completely, I own that. Extremely immaturity.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
People are assholes.

There's no reason to treat anybody like shit, regardless of who they are or where they work.
I disagree. There are many reasons to treat a worker like shit…it starts with them being fucking idiots.

example: I went to the uhaul place a week ago, parked next to the propane rig and unloaded 4 bottles…mentioned to both workers that I was there for propane as I saw them walking in the lot, but had no problem waiting because they had other customers. 20 minutes later, it’s my turn…one of the pricks tells me sorry, they’re out of propane.

he got an earful because he made me wait 20 minutes for nothing.

Last edited:

Icky

Reaction score
I disagree. There are many reasons to treat a worker like shit…it’s starts with them being fucking idiots.

example: I went to the uhaul place a week ago, parked next to the propane rig and unloaded 4 bottles…mentioned to both workers that I was there for propane as I saw them walking in the lot, but had no problem waiting because they had other customers. 20 minutes later, it’s my turn…one of the pricks tells me sorry, they’re out of propane.

he got an earful because he made me wait 20 minutes for nothing.
They were walking the lot trying to catch more propane

Wedgy

Reaction score
Amazing piece of unbiased journalism.

Well, Union biased Journalism aside. How about those IFCW negotiators ensuring ALL California Cannibis retail jobs will be Essential, and Union. Impressive.
Local 80 needs to step up.

The article is an FYI to the question. "Where will kids work after school?" How about a growth opportunity?
The top 4 California Cannibis growers have over 3 million Sq ft of cultivation in Ca.
We call that a clue...

Last edited: