WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fumoto Valve Fathers Day Sale 2020

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
FYI

Fumoto Valve has a 10% off sale for Fathers Day through June 21...uses code DADSDAY20

3d2d19fe-b8f4-4c22-9c9a-5983b01ffc60-jpg.441918

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Thanks Richie, i actually need one for my daily. Every other vehicle i have has one these are great.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
No worries. I've never used them but have seen on numerous forums that plenty of people use them.

Thanks Richie, i actually need one for my daily. Every other vehicle i have has one these are great.

shunter2005

Reaction score
What are the possibilities of that valve handle getting hit with something while driving and opening up, thus draining your oil? I used a different type drain valve on my old truck and will be looking at different ones to use one on the new one. Wondering how secure the valve handle is.

sintax

Reaction score
No worries. I've never used them but have seen on numerous forums that plenty of people use them.

What are the possibilities of that valve handle getting hit with something while driving and opening up, thus draining your oil? I used a different type drain valve on my old truck and will be looking at different ones to use one on the new one. Wondering how secure the valve handle is.

So I have seen these, and always kind of was worried about them getting ripped off.

I ended up installing one on my 2019 WRX and have been very happy with it. The plug is pretty protected on that particular car, but I suppose anything is possible. Outside of that, it makes the oil changes very simple and quick, and in my case, i can actually get it done without tools now.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That's always been my concern any I've always left the stock drain pan bolt installed on all of my vehicles.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Checked the website and it looks like there is a plastic or rubber sleeve available that will cover most of it and protect it. If that works to protect it, then I might be in. My old one is called a No-Spill and like the Fumoto, it screws into the oil pan. To drain, you need their drain hose. Just screw it into bottom of the valve and it opens to drain the oil. Pretty easy, but this Fumoto might be just as good and as easy.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

So I’ll start with one of mine is on a 14k LS engine in my offroad car. Could very easily get hit by sticks and rocks and laddida but....... no way. They are really built well, you have to push the lever down then twist, and it twists 1/2 the distance before opening at all. So yea i honestly don’t worry about it at all and have put on everything because that. They make life so much easier and cleaner.

shunter2005

Reaction score
So I’ll start with one of mine is on a 14k LS engine in my offroad car. Could very easily get hit by sticks and rocks and laddida but....... no way. They are really built well, you have to push the lever down then twist, and it twists 1/2 the distance before opening at all. So yea i honestly don’t worry about it at all and have put on everything because that. They make life so much easier and cleaner.
Thanks Peter. I didn't know that. Good to know that it has to be pushed down before swinging open. I will consider one for the new truck.

sintax

Reaction score
I have to ask why? is twishing a wrench to complicated? Don't understand righty tighty lefty loosey?

def not hard, but why make things harder?

if it saves me a couple of minutes, i generally need to walk to the tool box twice to find the right size.

and maybe it'll minimize seeps or leaks? who knows.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
I have one on my excursion and my department has hundreds of vehicles with them installed, makes oil samples a breeze to collect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McKay

Reaction score
I have had them on every vehicle I own for the past 20 years. Love them. On every vehicle so far ive put them on there would be massive damage taking out a crossbar or axle before it could ever hit the Valve. Not a worry. Off-road car with out much protection I would not use one. Just love you can turn the valve and not get a drop of oil on you or your socket.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
my drain plug sits about 5" off the ground. i dont think it'll work.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've got 150k miles on them between 2 trucks. I put a small hose clamp on it to hold the lever in the closed position. No problems at all and no worries of stripping the drain bolt or buying $5 copper washers anymore.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I put a hose on and drain directly into a throw away jug. No mess.

6 balls

Reaction score

The one I have on our Jeep. Has a spring clip that prevents this from happening.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I’ve used them for lots of my vehicles. Good product, no leaks, never had an issue. There is a small plastic stopper that snaps into place so it won’t open. After install you’ll never strip a drain plug. Like said, small piece of hose and drain directly into pan.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I have to ask why? is twishing a wrench to complicated? Don't understand righty tighty lefty loosey?
Yea it’s a lazy, buts also a clean deal. You get to attach a hose to the valve which allows no mess at all on the pan the floor or the vehicle.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
On my truck when oil drains out it hits the exhaust crossover pipe and makes a mess I then have to clean up every time.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I take it you have never dropped the drain bolt into a pan that in return plugged the pan and spilt 4.5 gallons of nasty diesel oil all over porous concrete? My dumbass did and now the lever valve is so much easier.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I bought one after my first disastrous oil change on my moho. If youve ever done an oil change on a Ford F53, you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to do it with the drain right above the front axle. I read about the fumoto in the past but i never considered one before this. Now i have them in all of my vehicles. My RV, Two jeeps (TJ & JGC) and even my pos beater s10. The fumoto is by far one of the better purchases ive ever made.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Looks like Valvoline has their own design called ValvoMax

Maestro

Reaction score
As rsqfxr stated, our fleet uses them. Fast and easy.