WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fun, funky or cool restaurant suggestion needed

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Will be traveling with customers from Buckeye to Corona. I typically will stay in Havasu one night but this trip we will not be doing that. It will be around lunch time during the drive. Looking for a few suggestions for resturants along the Route on the 10 or not far off it. I’d like to make it to Parker for lunch on the river but that adds more than I want on the drive. One option is @Ace in the Hole favorite pizza Joint in Quartzite. Was thinking about Palm Spring but that would put us there around 3pm or later. So let me know what your hidden gem is. Does not have to be 5 star sometime funky can be a good memory. 👍

Thanks in advance……

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't want to go to Parker, my next suggestion would be ROC's Firehouse in Palm Desert. Not "funky", but really great food. The owner is an RDP member (ROC).

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Hey, it's redundant as hell. But, ROC's Firehouse Grill is worth another recommendation. As previously mentioned, it's on Cook St. And very near I-10.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
is this a trick question?
Nope!!! I know there is slim picking in the area. ROC will be the go to if we can hold off that long for lunch. Parker adds 2 hours to the drive so wanting to keep it near the 10. What about the restaurant at the Chiriaco Summit. That any good?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Nope!!! I know there is slim picking in the area. ROC will be the go to if we can hold off that long for lunch. Parker adds 2 hours to the drive so wanting to keep it near the 10. What about the restaurant at the Chiriaco Summit. That any good?
passable but ROC's is so close by then.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I was gonna say tkb. I didn't know so many people went there.
Ridiculous sandwiches in a industrial park!

NicPaus

Reaction score
I was gonna say tkb. I didn't know so many people went there.
Ridiculous sandwiches in a industrial park!
New location is really nice. Little dog park area for traveler's dogs to take a break. Just no more cookie with your sandwich. Have to buy the cookie now but they are well worth it. Sure that new building they built was $$$.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Ruben & Ozzy’s oyster bar and grille in Palm Springs proper. Good dudes, Roc will vouch for them.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I ate at ROCs a couple weeks ago and the meatloaf was pretty good but we ordered a couple “fresh pretzel” and we got two rock hard frozen store bought pretzels fresh from the microwave. Told the server and he didn’t seem to care much. But other than those everyone liked what they had.

If you want something different try Billy Qs pizza in the same parking lot get the pastrami pizza.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I ate at ROCs a couple weeks ago and the meatloaf was pretty good but we ordered a couple “fresh pretzel” and we got two rock hard frozen store bought pretzels fresh from the microwave. Told the server and he didn’t seem to care much. But other than those everyone liked what they had.

If you want something different try Billy Qs pizza in the same parking lot get the pastrami pizza.
Usually a good place will comp you anything that you did not like. That kind of service makes me return time and time again. For the record I am not the type of person to send anything back. I choke it down. Like at Makai this week. Salad was not what I ordered. Waitress asked if I wanted to send it back. Told no sense to trash one salad I’d just eat what she brought. Turns out that she did not charge us for the salad that I had. 👍

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Usually a good place will comp you anything that you did not like. That kind of service makes me return time and time again. For the record I am not the type of person to send anything back. I choke it down. Like at Makai this week. Salad was not what I ordered. Waitress asked if I wanted to send it back. Told no sense to trash one salad I’d just eat what she brought. Turns out that she did not charge us for the salad that I had. 👍
We didn’t ask for a comp just let him know. Everything else was good

wzuber

Reaction score
Grill -a-burger in palm desert is really good and a cool tiki vibe. They even have coctails. They get very busy for lunch so plan accordingly.
They're on country club dr.
Www.Grill-a-burger.com

Last edited:

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
New location is really nice. Little dog park area for traveler's dogs to take a break. Just no more cookie with your sandwich. Have to buy the cookie now but they are well worth it. Sure that new building they built was $$$.

20230429_115234.jpg

On a roadtrip and ordered ahead for pickup from TKB because of the mentions in this thread. Mr.DB got the chipotle chicken and I got the Trump. Absolutely outstanding! So good 👍

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
If the mood for Mexican Food, Pablo’s Tacos and Beer in Indio is decent. Jackson Street exit just north of the 10. Full bar too.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
With the timing of our day we didn’t really have any option and ended up going to Silly Al’s Pizza and everyone had a great time. 👍