WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Furlough plan

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
After being furloughed yesterday by Disney for God knows how long (probably months) I’m looking at the bright side - more boating! Heading out today with my son and his girlfriend for a few days. Weather looks great this week so the timing is good. Here’s to less money in my bank account and more boating this season. Cheers![emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Enjoy your time with the family
Stay safe and healthy

I am forecasting Havasu will be busier this summer with kids having no school or sports this summer

I'm guessing the same. Everyone I know who owns a boat has already planned their first trip and invited a 2nd family. I am guessing double or more.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Enjoy your time with the family
Stay safe and healthy

I am forecasting Havasu will be busier this summer with kids having no school or sports this summer

Only if people are not off of work to long.. I would say the majority who rent hotels and houses do less, but people who own will have more trips. Its been busy with how the economy was pumping the last couple of years..... Don't think you are going top it.....

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm guessing the same. Everyone I know who owns a boat has already planned their first trip and invited a 2nd family. I am guessing double or more.

we have most of our weekends planned out (every 3rd weekend mid-April through October).
biggest change = we withdrew invites to other family’s - come late August and Storm2020, we might extend some invites again.

Boating = family time for me, so we usually limit inviting others. I call it quality time with wife and kids

Singleton

Reaction score
Only if people are not off of work to long.. I would say the majority who rent hotels and houses do less, but people who own will have more trips. Its been busy with how the economy was pumping the last couple of years..... Don't think you are going top it.....

the weekend warrior boating groups will be reduced IMO. will be interesting to see what Memorial Day is like = might be worse then normal, since everyone wants to party.

true family boaters will have the trips, as long as they get back to work.
hoping those furloughed get back to work soon

renodaytona

Reaction score

Agreed, I have been thinking about this the last few weeks. Anyone with an "essential job" which my wife and I are in that category, will have it a bit better than those that don't. We will be camping and boating all summer.