WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Furniture in Havasu

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
so if you guys needed to buy couches and recliners, where would you shop at?

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
We bought all ours at Jenner's. They have a location in Ft Mohave, I think they have one in Havasu now??

outboardrick

Reaction score
so if you guys needed to buy couches and recliners, where would you shop at?
Good luck with that..... I guess it really depends on what style you like. When I furnished my new house a couple years ago I basically mail ordered everything, I wanted wickerish looking stuff and could not find anything I liked in Havasu.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
How picky are you?
I've gotten a few items from Big Lots that are great and we've been happy with. Recliner, mattress.
Some of the original stuff I got at Living Spaces has deteriorated...some of it being ashley products.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Showplace Furniture by the KFC used to have some nice stuff. 175 Lake Havasu Blvd.

jones performance

Reaction score
i drove to socal and bought most of my furniture, much less expensive even with fuel costs added in.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Thanks guys, everyone I’ve spoken to local has said the same thing “good luck with that”...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I guess Michael Allen’s is out of the question then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice quality stuff there but holy fock the prices are ridiculously high.
I've purchased a handful of custom ordered high end furniture pieces and ended up hating them only to get replaced with more comfy average joe stuff.

82daytona

Reaction score
Nice quality stuff there but holy fock the prices are ridiculously high.
I've purchased a handful of custom ordered high end furniture pieces and ended up hating them only to get replaced with more comfy average joe stuff.

True story

Slick

Reaction score
Showplace Furniture by the KFC used to have some nice stuff. 175 Lake Havasu Blvd.
X2 on Showplace. Even delivered our furniture the same day. Also RC Willey will deliver out of Vegas.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I’m trying to get rid of a counter height dining table & 4 chairs, but I’m in CA.

82daytona

Reaction score
X2 on Showplace. Even delivered our furniture the same day. Also RC Willey will deliver out of Vegas.

I forgot about RC Wiley. They come this way every Thursday for deliveries.

DLC

Reaction score
You can shop at sears and have them shipped to the Havasu store and they will deliver / set up for you

We got our mattress and washer dryer and they did all the set up.

outboardrick

Reaction score
I ended up ordering most everything from Wayfair, pretty good stuff and good prices. There is a huge store, American Furniture Warehouse in Glendale/Phoenix, and I found a sectional sofa I liked and it was an Ashley brand, I negotiated with the Havasu Ashley store and got it at a good price from them.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I've had good luck at Mill's Brothers, decent luck at Havasu furniture, and in the past Ashley but not recently. I've heard their quality is slipping

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I've had good luck at Mill's Brothers, decent luck at Havasu furniture, and in the past Ashley but not recently. I've heard their quality is slipping

I bought my new mattress from Jason at Mills bros.
Delivery tomorrow. His price was not much higher than on line outlets for a stearns and Foster mattress, plus he threw in a $80 gel pillow that is AWESOME.
Refrigerators seem to be the hardest thing to get quick.

fmo24

Reaction score
[QUOTE="
Refrigerators seem to be the hardest thing to get quick.[/QUOTE]
Lowe’s or Homo Depot don’t stock them?

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
I bought my new mattress from Jason at Mills bros.
Delivery tomorrow. His price was not much higher than on line outlets for a stearns and Foster mattress, plus he threw in a $80 gel pillow that is AWESOME.
Home Depot, or Lowes for appliances, and as a vet you get extra $$ off also look for the new move in coupons!

fmo24

Reaction score
^This. At the post office in the address change package there are normally a ton of coupons.

Bails

Reaction score
In Havasu, just wait for the "divorce forces sale" adds in the paper. Penny's on the dollar:D

PlanB

Reaction score

Fuck that place. Wife picked out a table (not cheap). I went down with a friend and a truck and picked it up, and they made me sign a paper saying no returns. I did not think anything of it, but when I got it to our house I noticed areas that had been damaged that they half ass repaired. The lady I dealt with when I picked it up was also sort of a bitch. I have since bought from Ashley's without issues.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
[QUOTE="
Lowe’s or Homo Depot don’t stock them?[/QUOTE]

Everything is a week out on refrigerators.
They do have a smaller floor model at HD so I’m getting that today for now then moving it to the garage after the good one gets here.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks guys, everyone I’ve spoken to local has said the same thing “good luck with that”...

There’s several furniture shops down Swanson and the. Over on lake Havasu ave.

There’s also the Michael Allen over on Acoma

EB3

Reaction score
Michael Allen Furniture on Acoma Blvd.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Just re furnished house last year , and used Ashley for most of it. Easy to work with and delivery and set up was fast. Have used Michael Allen in the past with good results.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Score.
Big Lots had exactly what I wanted.
Ashley had a similar set up for same price but 3 weeks out.

Any day laborers out there who will give me a hand on Monday?
Got to rent a little trailer Monday or maybe Sunday and just need help getting them in the house.
Front house doors are double wide so not a lot of jockying involved!
I have a lot of beer, btw.

2B255DD9-71D5-42EE-9320-57D6B181B576.jpeg

PaPaG

Reaction score
We bought from Ashley's in Havasu for one of our last mobiles and they delivered exactly when they said they would, good prices and decent quality couch, tables, chairs, etc...I would personally drive into Henderson only 2 hours away and have a ton of choices from basic to top dollar stuff.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Why not use your pick up or two...maybe ask the assclown taking to the airport today [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I've got a truck and I've got a flatbed trailer, what's the problem??? AND, I live 5 minutes from you!!

Sounds great!
I’ll be in touch after I get back tomorrow night or Sunday.

To be honest, having help is not something I’m really used to.
I like this place more and more everyday!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Sounds great!
I’ll be in touch after I get back tomorrow night or Sunday.

To be honest, having help is not something I’m really used to.
I like this place more and more everyday!
No worries, I like jet botes!!!

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Just a warning for anyone buying Ashley furniture. Avoid their low end stuff, it usually looks really good for the price but it does not hold up over time.

I’ve had several Ashley couches over the years and they usually lasted about 2 years before the cushions started breaking down and the fabrics started to come apart. My sister in law bought my wife and I an Ashley sofa, it’s only 6 months old and is already falling apart. I’m in the process of replacing it now. I will never own another Ashley couch.

I have an Ashley bedroom set that I purchased 5 years ago. It was the most expensive furniture purchase I’ve ever made but it has held up extremely well through 3 moves and it is extremely well built. The night stands alone probably weigh close to 100 pounds each. I would highly recommend Ashley for bedroom furniture if you buy their high end stuff but I can’t recommend them for couches.

gqchris

Reaction score
Just a warning for anyone buying Ashley furniture. Avoid their low end stuff, it usually looks really good for the price but it does not hold up over time.

I’ve had several Ashley couches over the years and they usually lasted about 2 years before the cushions started breaking down and the fabrics started to come apart. My sister in law bought my wife and I an Ashley sofa, it’s only 6 months old and is already falling apart. I’m in the process of replacing it now. I will never own another Ashley couch.

I have an Ashley bedroom set that I purchased 5 years ago. It was the most expensive furniture purchase I’ve ever made but it has held up extremely well through 3 moves and it is extremely well built. The night stands alone probably weigh close to 100 pounds each. I would highly recommend Ashley for bedroom furniture if you buy their high end stuff but I can’t recommend them for couches.

I come from a different school of thought. I just buy the cheap spectrum of furniture, because by the time it wears out, a new style is around anyways. I don't sit on furniture enough to make it a high end purchase throughout the day. I cant imagine lugging that heavy stuff around unless I had a mansion to display it!

Now my bed mattress, that's another story. I spent money on one since I'm in it 6-8 hours a night!

We all know the friends that had this setup back in the day and wanted us to help! No thanks!

6a00d8341cc30c53ef0133f368427b970b-pi

mobldj

Reaction score
Score.

Got to rent a little trailer Monday or maybe Sunday and just need help getting them in the house.

View attachment 790820
fkn a big lots.most comfy couch i ever had and only 300 bucks

DLC

Reaction score
If you need a hand I’m out here! I have my 20ft flat bed trailer also.

We need to get together for a coldie!

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Score.

View attachment 790820
Dave has a big trailer and a big truck to tow it , I think he loans it to members ...

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We furnished our house with mostly Ashley Furniture except for the couch and barstools.

We ordered (4) 30” barstools and they delivered 36” twice then 24” on the 3rd try lol. We finally gave up and ordered from Target online.

I bought a sectional sofa and recliner from Big Lots also. $1100 with a coupon OTD. It’s made by Ashley furniture too.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Well we have not heard from Tommy, I dropped him at treasure island around 3pm , so I guess he is winning lots and getting drunk ..

Or lost it all and is looking for a cheap hooker ....[emoji39][emoji202]

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well we have not heard from Tommy, I dropped him at treasure island around 3pm , so I guess he is winning lots and getting drunk ..

Or lost it all and is looking for a cheap hooker ....[emoji39][emoji202]

Lol
I’m alive.
Played some slots and then got stupid in the seafood restaurant with endless appetizers and makers and sprites!
Was up a little bit at one time but left this morning about $300 lighter so not too bad considering my history in Vegas.
At the airport now.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Thanks again for the ride!
No worries. I stopped and played my favorite machine at the fiesta and won 300 , had two beers and a fat burger , and drove back to havasu ....