WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fusion Head uint

skydog

Reaction score
Hey guys was going with a JL in my new whip but I am seeing alot of the new touch screen Fusion? Is that the best clean sounding head uint out now?

Thanks

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Hey guys was going with a JL in my new whip but I am seeing alot of the new touch screen Fusion? Is that the best clean sounding head uint out now?

Thanks
So i have the Fusion 755 in my new to me boat. I had the JL MM100 and honestly wanted no part of the fusion. I was first thing getting rid of it bye Felicia........ but i was a poor fool ....... after just buying the boat. So figured I’d do it this winter, well i do still want to ditch the 755 but not for the MM anymore. I’m definitely going with the Fusion MS-RA770 coupled with a MS-SRX400slave on the driver side.
First the app is awesome and means no need for a remote, only doing the slave for when driving i can turn it down easier and faster if needed, as well the SQ is pretty legit with the existing 755, and the 770 has DSP. If you’ve ever played with sound quality and played with dsp you know why it’s a big thing. The clarity is amazing, and it’s a true marine system, by Garmin.

skydog

Reaction score
Awesome that's what I wanted to hear! Sounds like I can run it through my Simrad screen's also? Happy and surprised Garmin did not kill that!! LOL

rickym20

Reaction score
Waited along time for the JLmm100 to get back in stock and was excited that it came in and getting installed next time in Havasu. Reading your post Caused me to look at some write ups /video’s on the Fusion you guys are mentioning...Impressive unit and now 2nd guessing my decision 🤦🏽‍♂️. 😁

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Waited along time for the JLmm100 to get back in stock and was excited that it came in and getting installed next time in Havasu. Reading your post Caused me to look at some write ups /video’s on the Fusion you guys are mentioning...Impressive unit and now 2nd guessing my decision 🤦🏽‍♂️. 😁
It’s a little more money but i definitely feel it’s a huge upgrade to the MM100. Keep waiting for JL to step it up, the 100be came out 4 years ago now and still nothing on the horizon from anything I’ve read.

skydog

Reaction score
Yes I have the JLMM 100 in my other boat and it's nice. (Replaced the junk kicker) But man it's 2021 right? Lol

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yes I have the JLMM 100 in my other boat and it's nice. (Replaced the junk kicker) But man it's 2021 right? Lol
I still have nothing bad at all to say about the JL, but the Fusion is just light years further forward than the JL. And the Apollo 770 is beyond the rest of their line up by another light year.

skydog

Reaction score
I still have nothing bad at all to say about the JL, but the Fusion is just light years further forward than the JL. And the Apollo 770 is beyond the rest of their line up by another light year.

Yes JL always my go to for good stuff! But looks like a Apollo going in the 2021 Daytona 27 ;)

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yes JL always my go to for good stuff! But looks like a Apollo going in the 2021 Daytona 27 ;)

Only draw is the size. Do some research on what you have vs this one. They sell a thin plastic or abs or ??? mounting plate, talked to Ron of Ron’s Audio last week, they said they are willing to have a billet one made like they do for the JL but haven’t had opportunity to do it as they haven’t installed one.

5B96F2A3-42B0-4F83-A359-C52716F42718.jpeg

Last edited: