WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Future of Park Moabi

Meaney77

Reaction score
So I am here camping at Moabi for the next 10 days on a peninsula and enjoying every minute of it. My family and friends have been doing this every year for the last 5 years.

Yesterday when we checked in the GM from Pirates Cove came to our spot and gave us a bunch of shit for moving one of the rental trailers on our site that one of the families with us rented. After talking with the GM for awhile he informed us that they are renovating the peninsulas to accomodate more people for next summer. And from what it sounds like they are removing all of the brush and getting rid of the peninsulas and making more individual sites.

If this is the case, it kind of blows. The reason my family and friends come here is to enjoy the river and camp together on our own peninsula and enjoying a nice sandy private beach. If they make more individual sites, its going to be impossible to reserve 8 spots in a row during the same dates not to mention we will be camping on top of each other and your beach is gone. No more letting your kids and dogs run around with no worries. Why mess with a good thing that people enjoy.... I guess its all about revenue and before you know it this part of the river is going to be even more crazy with more idiots...It will be interesting to see how the proposed new changes will work out.:thumbsdown

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
That's progress. :thumbsdown

Joker

Reaction score
I belief their plan is to create more pull through spots and coop a deal with Cruise America.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I belief their plan is to create more pull through spots and coop a deal with Cruise America.

The GM said something like ~15 pull through spots in between each peninsula.

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
We also camp at a peninsula site twice every year. The great thing about it was having a beach for yourself and friends. We usually have one of the larger beaches with several families, most of which choose to tent camp and some with trailers. Having a lot of tent campers make it necessary for the larger beaches, that and having 4-5 boats and skis and such. You are right about letting the kids and dog roam around without to much worry.

If these changes are true, they will have ruined the Moabi experience. It will not be progress, it will be a giant move backwards. I have been going there since 2000 and happen to like it just the way it is. Change is not always for the better and I hate change. Sounds like the all mighty dollar has claimed another victim due to greed. Time to buy another jet boat and take it down to the Blythe area.

I won't get into the Pirate Cove discustion. I do like to go there occasionally, but they did turn the channel into a circus.

I can only hope that the peninsula dealeo is just not going to happen.

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
The GM said something like ~15 pull through spots in between each peninsula.

Between each peninsula? 15?

That is just fucking retarded. There is no room to fit one pull through on some of the smaller sites, like sites 7-14.

Maybe 15 total, and that is still retarded.

Last edited:

wishiknew

Reaction score
Welcome to the New Moabi oh I mean Pirates Cove !!! :D:D

LB247XS

Reaction score
Pirates Cove has completely ruined that part of the river for my family and the friends we boat with.went to the Cove once and never again (at least for now).we had some of the best times on #11 pennisula

Last edited:

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
What a shame, been going to Moabi to boat,wheel,shoot,drink not in that particular order since 88 or so, lots of changes happening for the worse....Godspeed

Hotboy

Reaction score
The best part is having your own cove with friends and family watching the kids play in sand!!!!

cxr

Reaction score
whats it like camping @ Moabi?
what are the campgrounds like?

is the water really cold right now.

we are tent camping for Memorial Weekend and we have been going to the KL campground in the past but it is always windy there so i am looking at a new place to suggest to our group.

Ultracrazy

Reaction score
PC has ruined Moabi. You used to ba able take kids, dogs and just chill. Now its just "Havasu north".

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Oh boy. I'll bet there's alarms going off atPapaG's and BBD's homes right now. They should be in this thread in no time. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Oh boy. I'll bet there's alarms going off atPapaG's and BBD's homes right now. They should be in this thread in no time. :D

maybe papa g, but not bbd ;)

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

:D

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
we always made it a point to go to park moabi on sundays. that way we can get away from the crowds and relax.

those days are gone.

i'm not saying PC is a bad thing, it's the fact that park moabi will never be what it used to.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
There goes my fav part of the river. :thumbsdown I thought the purpose was to get away from the rat race at home and relax on vacation. Nothing like leaving the crowds at home and going to the crowds at the river. Might as well go on holiday weekends. :rolleyes:

Miss Managed Assets

AKA: Ms78Southwind
Reaction score
So I am here camping at Moabi for the next 10 days on a peninsula and enjoying every minute of it. My family and friends have been doing this every year for the last 5 years.

Yesterday when we checked in the GM from Pirates Cove came to our spot and gave us a bunch of shit for moving one of the rental trailers on our site that one of the families with us rented. After talking with the GM for awhile he informed us that they are renovating the peninsulas to accomodate more people for next summer. And from what it sounds like they are removing all of the brush and getting rid of the peninsulas and making more individual sites.

If this is the case, it kind of blows. The reason my family and friends come here is to enjoy the river and camp together on our own peninsula and enjoying a nice sandy private beach. If they make more individual sites, its going to be impossible to reserve 8 spots in a row during the same dates not to mention we will be camping on top of each other and your beach is gone. No more letting your kids and dogs run around with no worries. Why mess with a good thing that people enjoy.... I guess its all about revenue and before you know it this part of the river is going to be even more crazy with more idiots...It will be interesting to see how the proposed new changes will work out.:thumbsdown

Ditto X100 :(

PaPaG

Reaction score

No worries here DJ, I knew all these possibilities were planned and just sit and laugh at how they are ruining that part of the river.

Bells do seem to always go off for you DJ when ever a post is made about Moabi or PC, I see you post on almost everyone of them warning that I or BBD would be around soon, a little obsessed with us? :headscratch:

Other than that I hope all is well, I sort of miss the banter back and forth but I just don't have the time anymore, hopefully will soon though, I really miss this place. :D

wishiknew

Reaction score
This place is dead right now !! channel looks like a ghost town !!!!

PokerRun388

Reaction score
PC has ruined Moabi. You used to ba able take kids, dogs and just chill. Now its just "Havasu north".

Well said, I agree. Go to PC on any summer weekend now, and everybody and the grandma from Havasu is there:mad:.... In other words, its the new "hot spot" and is a zoo..:thumbsdown

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
This place is dead right now !! channel looks like a ghost town !!!!

Must look like the Good Old Days I bet.

Either way, I rather have Casa WishIKnew in the works vs park million people :D

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Well said, I agree. Go to PC on any summer weekend now, and everybody and the grandma from Havasu is there:mad:.... In other words, its the new "hot spot" and is a zoo..:thumbsdown

I have allways gone up there to hang out for the day but I will never spend a dime at PC

Singleton

Reaction score
Usually spend Sunday afternoon on that beach. Avoid Saturdays now and find the crowd on Sunday more family friendly.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Pirates Cove has completely ruined that part of the river for my family and the friends we boat with.went to the Cove once and never again (at least for now).we had some of the best times on #11 pennisula

What a shame, been going to Moabi to boat,wheel,shoot,drink not in that particular order since 88 or so, lots of changes happening for the worse....Godspeed

Agree, very sad. Much of my river experience was shaped camping at Moabi in the 80's and 90's several times a year. PC is bad enough, now this news aimed at the peninsulas themselves. All good things seem to come to an end in the name of progress (the almighty dollar). The Needles stretch will just be an extension of Havasu soon enough. :(

TCHB

Reaction score

I went to Pirates Cover Saturday for lunch. The service and food was very good. AHI Burger.

77charger

Reaction score
Spent one summer camping at needles in 04 was nice that part of river was empty and beaches found easily.went back after they opened pirates and it was not the same more boat traffic and idiots.Just glad most of these idiots rahter sit on the beach all day so hopefully the 5-10 bucks to park may sway them away.LOL

floatn turd

Reaction score
The all knowing "Swami" Turd say:

I see

I seeeeee. A channel

A channel, full of boats.
Boat, filled to the brim with guys like this...........

jersey-shore-casting-call-14.jpg

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Kinda of a shitty deal with the campsites. :thumbsdown

I remember going to Moabi before the bar was there, it was still packed on weekends. If you didn't get there early, it was rough to get a spot...especially if you were with a group of boats and all wanted to beach together.

Sure it's got to be much more crowded now. Many people didn't even know that place existed til PC was open.

I see some of your guys frustrations about the bar being opened and I'm kinda on the fence with this one. When PC was built I stayed in Willow Valley (near BHC) and there was really no other option for a river front bar except Lazy Harry's (which kinda sucks) and Topac (which needed some renovation). So when I got word they were putting a river front bar there, I was pretty stoked. In Havasu and in Parker you have several options if you want to go somewhere and have a few cocktails, listen to music and have a meal... no so much on the river. Even at night and off the water you don't have very many options for night life up there. You've got Looser Lounge or River Valley Tavern. LOL..This is a big reason why I stay in Havasu now. I remember several people that I talked to from BHC, Needles, etc were pretty excited for a bar.

I think PC was a well intended idea. The place has a cool atmosphere, decent food, decent looking girls working there and they make an "ok" drink.

Shit I wish I was making the money the owners of that place are. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Fuck Moabi. Place sounds like another money trap. What's next Topac? The days of the old school are long gone. :rolleyes:

Groper

Reaction score
Myself and my family love camping on the pennisula, this would suck !!!

Moabi is on San Bernadino property, why not start a petition against land developement on County Property, contact the county.

Such a dvelopement must have to go through hoops to proceed, use the "Enviromental Impact Card"

C'mon people lets get this started, quit crying about it !!!

wishiknew

Reaction score
Myself and my family love camping on the pennisula, this would suck !!!

Moabi is on San Bernadino property, why not start a petition against land developement on County Property, contact the county.

Such a dvelopement must have to go through hoops to proceed, use the "Enviromental Impact Card"

C'mon people lets get this started, quit crying about it !!!

Its BLM Land county leases it then leases it to Pirates Cove

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The river, just like Baja is loosing that "feeling."
Sorry to see it change.
Those were the good old days. They really were.