WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FYI; Canada effectively shutting down travel

nameisbond

Reaction score
Its going to kill our airline industry even more. My dad cancelled a business trip to Seattle because of the hotel quarantine costs not worth it. I'm sure others will do the same.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Average cost for anyone traveling to Canada (Canadian citizens included) is 2k
This will crush the Canadian economy

Reactions: DWC

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Wonder how it will effect snowbird travel this year

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

nameisbond

Reaction score
With the land border shut down entirely, RV snowbirds haven't been able to leave here for a year. Canadians can't shop in the states. American border towns are hurting big time.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Our park is about 30% Canadians. About 20 of them made it down. Talking with some yesterday after this news came out and they a really pissed.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Add in the oil pipeline and soon the Canadian dollar will be on par with the pesos . Sad

nameisbond

Reaction score
According to Statistics Canada (a government agency) our economy has shrunk by the largest percent in history. 5%. Beating out the recession of 1980, the previous record of 3% shrinkage. Canada is screwed led by a former drama teacher.

grumpy88

Reaction score
According to Statistics Canada (a government agency) our economy has shrunk by the largest percent in history. 5%. Beating out the recession of 1980, the previous record of 3% shrinkage. Canada is screwed led by a former drama teacher.
If the country devalues enough maybe China will just buy the whole thing ! I wonder if the prime minister will get a commission on the deal ? Smh

DaBank

Reaction score
I know of a few people from Canada that had there Rv's commercially transported across the border and flew into the US and have been traveling. So far the added cost seems to have worked out for them. A lot of RV resorts in Florida that where $4k/$5k a month are $2500 a month since so little of the snowbirds being here and they usually are the ones that book 3 to 4 month stays.

boblins

Reaction score
Now that we are here in Arizona, the Canadian govt seems to not want us to return. OK with me, but need the US govt to extend our 6 month stay to 18 to make it work, otherwise we will be in a neverland where we are not welcome back in Canada and not welcome to stay in the states. ?Maybe we can claim asylum here?

4Waters

Reaction score
Now that we are here in Arizona, the Canadian govt seems to not want us to return. OK with me, but need the US govt to extend our 6 month stay to 18 to make it work, otherwise we will be in a neverland where we are not welcome back in Canada and not welcome to stay in the states. ?Maybe we can claim asylum here?
Just claim you came from Mexico😉

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Now that we are here in Arizona, the Canadian govt seems to not want us to return.

This is the real issue.
They're playing with fire by changing rules after you left.
If you're a Canadian citizen or if you have a Canadian passport.....legally they can't deny you entry - no matter what happens.
For you to have left under one set of rules and they change them mid-stream so they can squeeze you when you return is a obvious problem.
And - what if you have proof of vaccination when you show up at Canada Customs on your return trip. Isn't this what it's all ALL ABOUT ?? As soon as there is sufficient vaccinations on both sides - the border re opening with mass vaccinations????

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score

The six month rule is a Canadian thing. Most provinces cancel health insurance after six months absence. In US immigration law Canadians are exempt from the over stay laws because Canadians don't carry a visa when in the USA. US immigration has no idea how long a Canadian is in the US, hence the exemption. If you have a visa the exemption doesn't apply. An example of Canadians staying beyond six months. Canadians don't need a student visa to study in the USA. So many live and study in the US over the six months. You need permission to work, ie: a visa.

Last edited:

Cole Canadian

Reaction score
This is the real issue.
They're playing with fire by changing rules after you left.
If you're a Canadian citizen or if you have a Canadian passport.....legally they can't deny you entry - no matter what happens.
For you to have left under one set of rules and they change them mid-stream so they can squeeze you when you return is a obvious problem.
And - what if you have proof of vaccination when you show up at Canada Customs on your return trip. Isn't this what it's all ALL ABOUT ?? As soon as there is sufficient vaccinations on both sides - the border re opening with mass vaccinations????
They were informed the rules could change at any time.
I'm a Canadian that made a choice not to go somewhere warm because of it, and I don' feel any empathy for those that did!
We all make our own decisions, quit wining and live with it.

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
trudy and his great reset can go fuck themselves, this fake pandemic is just the excuse the castro bastard needed to become a communist country. Ask doctors why they don't speak out against.......they will lose their licence if they do.

And sorry Cole Canadian, this is about control not a pandemic

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I'm a Canadian that made a choice not to go somewhere warm because of it, and I don' feel any empathy for those that did!

Sounds like you'd be quite comfortable in 1942 Germany.

I'm always baffled at people who have no problem with their freedoms being taken away.

And all of this bullshit over a virus with a 98-99% survival rate. The world has lost its mind.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Wait... Doesn't this make Canada RACIST?

Cole Canadian

Reaction score
Sounds like you'd be quite comfortable in 1942 Germany.

I'm always baffled at people who have no problem with their freedoms being taken away.

And all of this bullshit over a virus with a 98-99% survival rate. The world has lost its mind.
Since this is not the right platform and you seem to think this is about personal freedoms, I will not comment further.
We all make our own choices.

nameisbond

Reaction score
The government did warn the rules could change at any time. But at this point, I think individuals should be weighing the risks if they want to travel or go to church, etc. The nanny state is never good.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Since this is not the right platform and you seem to think this is about personal freedoms, I will not comment further.
We all make our own choices.

It is absolutely about personal freedoms. What else would it be about?

We've seen governments in the US, Canada, and around the world use this "pandemic" to introduce higher levels of control on the population, the majority of those controls failing to be based on any significant science.

Sooner or later the populations have to rise up and draw the line. Some of us just draw the line sooner than you do. Problem is, if you let it go too far and there's no recovery.

boblins

Reaction score
The six month rule is a Canadian thing. Most provinces cancel health insurance after six months absence. In US immigration law Canadians are exempt from the over stay laws because Canadians don't carry a visa when in the USA. US immigration has no idea how long a Canadian is in the US, hence the exemption. If you have a visa the exemption doesn't apply. An example of Canadians staying beyond six months. Canadians don't need a student visa to study in the USA. So many live and study in the US over the six months. You need permission to work, ie: a visa.
That used to be true, but not anymore. All cross border traffic is now coordinated with both countries and on computer. You can check your I94 status anytime and it will tell you when you crossed the border, where and which direction. Apparently there might be a process to extend stays but supposed to do it from home country. Note: most of us do not have Visa's as they are not usually required for Canadians to visit. And it is marked right on your passport now (if you travel by air, and we all had to this year) the date you must leave the US by.

2Driver

Reaction score
This and the “new deadlier strains” in africa and south america should help the market Monday.

Like I’ve said, post covid will be like post 911 and post zebra mussel. It’s here to stay and throttled as needed. I see carnage on the 2021 horizon.

nameisbond

Reaction score
That used to be true, but not anymore. All cross border traffic is now coordinated with both countries and on computer. You can check your I94 status anytime and it will tell you when you crossed the border, where and which direction. Apparently there might be a process to extend stays but supposed to do it from home country. Note: most of us do not have Visa's as they are not usually required for Canadians to visit. And it is marked right on your passport now (if you travel by air, and we all had to this year) the date you must leave the US by.

This is new. Before they didn't track, so Canadians without a visa got an exemption from the overstay laws.

boblins

Reaction score
This is new. Before they didn't track, so Canadians without a visa got an exemption from the overstay laws.
Took effect a year or so ago.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Trudeau is the type of scumbag that will take a government jet to the Caribbean, while airlines are not allowed to fly there. The only good that will come from this is Trudeau will be hated by Canadians and has no chance of winning the next election.

76sanger

Reaction score
What a DICK!!! Sounds like you got your nose shoved up your governments ass.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of our neighbors never showed this year, million dollar homes just sitting empty.

We’ve shot Brad Macauley’s M37R multiple times and he’s never even laid eyes on it. Gotta be a killer to have a new toy like that and watch everyone else playing with it!

spectras only

Reaction score
We’ve shot Brad Macauley’s M37R multiple times and he’s never even laid eyes on it. Gotta be a killer to have a new toy like that and watch everyone else playing with it!
I guess Brad doesn't want to loose the boat, sneaking across the border to get it.

violating any quarantine or isolation instructions provided to travellers by a Screening Officer or quarantine officer when entering Canada is also an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to serious penalties, including six months in prison and/or $750,000 in fines. Fuckin government nazis

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess Brad doesn't want to loose the boat, sneaking across the border to get it.

violating any quarantine or isolation instructions provided to travellers by a Screening Officer or quarantine officer when entering Canada is also an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to serious penalties, including six months in prison and/or $750,000 in fines. Fuckin government nazis

I think he’d just like to drive it. In reality it probably would have remained here until at least Desert Storm anyway. Nonetheless he would have logged a ton of hours by now.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
He live in the Refuge?

Dirtbag

Reaction score
yur a DREAMER