WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FYI Glamis Peeps.... Looks like Boardmanville is making a come back.....

Hammer

Reaction score
That's cool but I won't be going to boardsmanville in a truck . Sucks you can't ride a bike or a rail there. It's a dirt road :thumbdown:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That's cool but I won't be going to boardsmanville in a truck . Sucks you can't ride a bike or a rail there. It's a dirt road :thumbdown:

Yep. Still a street legal vehicle destination. Oh well. :(

Meaney77

Reaction score
Regardless, still looks like they are trying also having some discussions with the BLM to work something out.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
It just effin amazes me that the powers that be won't let you travel 50' on the 78 to BV. It's nice to have destinations to ride to, spend money, help the economy. :rolleyes

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It needed cleaning up bad. It was literally a shit hole at one time.
Good to read the guy is making a solid effort to make it work.
He should contact the ASA legal council for help.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
The fact that it was a shithole was the charm of the place, they had frosty cold beer for cheap, what more could you want, the place is in the middle of the friggin desert. :thumbup:

Sucks the government goons had to be all cunty about people taking OHV's out there.

Hammer

Reaction score
The fact that it was a shithole was the charm of the place, they had frosty cold beer for cheap, what more could you want, the place is in the middle of the friggin desert. :thumbup:

Sucks the government goons had to be all cunty about people taking OHV's out there.

X2 it was the Fox's of the desert ! :thumbup:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Fox's was a lot nicer than that place in 06', I"m all for biz, but the entitlement attitude of the time then was stupid in my opinion.

Hammer

Reaction score
Fox's was a lot nicer than that place in 06', I"m all for biz, but the entitlement attitude of the time then was stupid in my opinion.

What do you mean by entitlement attitude ?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
What do you mean by entitlement attitude ?

Hardly anything near Fox's.

B'Ville stunk of the shitters, their was piss and shit all over the place because people used the outside because the shitters were gross or broken,, indifferent attitude from the vendors, I couldn't get anyone interested in going there any more.
Genie Boardman just didn't seem to care. Totally indifferent.

Fox's may be shopworn but it's clean and they appreciate your business and tips.

We prefer the run to the Duner Diner / Paradise in Gordons,, but if it's it's clean we'll once again try BVille.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

B'Ville stunk of the shitters, their was piss and shit all over the place because people used the outside because the shitters were gross or broken,, indifferent attitude from the vendors, I couldn't get anyone interested in going there any more.

Fox's may be shopworn but it's clean and they appreciate your business and tips.

We prefer the run to the Duner Diner / Paradise in Gordons,, but if it's it's clean we'll once again try BVille.

Times 2,

Jeanie was a friend of some old duners in my group. They thought she was great, she looked at anyone she didn't know like they were crap and fortunate to sit in her bar. I didn't miss it one bit when it closed. I don't need to be catered to, but I don't need to be looked at like I'm an Ahole for just sitting in your bar, paying and drinking your beer.

Good luck to the new vendors.

Hammer

Reaction score

Gotcha :thumbup: I guess Foxs was a poor comparison .

c_land

Reaction score
Found this on a marketing service we get at the office for Civil Design work. Looks like the county is gearing up to provide access to the boardmanville side of the RR tracks.

E8EBC135-2613-414D-A60B-EA2F5EC8AE40.jpeg

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Not sure what a Grade Separated Crossing is. Are they talking about building a bridge over the RR Tracks?

Ladsm

Reaction score
The place has new owners, a couple of RDP FB members are now managing the place bartending and barbecuing. Last year was a whole new operation for them, they rearranged the place and stepped up their customer service. Its worth giving it another try if you are in Glamis

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The place has new owners, a couple of RDP FB members are now managing the place bartending and barbecuing. Last year was a whole new operation for them, they rearranged the place and stepped up their customer service. Its worth giving it another try if you are in Glamis

All true. I'm building the new website out for it as we speak...

The new owner is well funded. Queenglamis will be running the show out there this year. Lot's of good things in the works!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Was there last January and met QG and Kevin. Happy for them and the owner. Good times ahead there for sure, will visit this fall.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Not sure what a Grade Separated Crossing is. Are they talking about building a bridge over the RR Tracks?

I would assume under the RR. Grade being the level of the RR, and separated meaning it would be at a different grade (elevation).

There were already a few that you could get small cars under years ago. I haven't been to that side since they fenced the track (iirc)

QueenGlamis

Reaction score
Hi all! I am indeed the new manager for Boardmanville. Last season was my first one there and I am SO EXCITED for this upcoming season! We remodeled the bar, it’s ABSOLUTELY clean now, and have a lot of great things in the works! The new owner is a great guy, he’s a duner and river guy, and very involved for many years in the fight for a safe crossing for OHV. I can’t reveal everything that we have in the works but you can follow our FB page - Boardmanville Trading Post, the IG is @boardmanville_glamis and like @rivermobster said we have a new website www.boardmanvilletradingpost.com - stay tuned for updates!

Thank you for all of your feedback- We are #makingboardmanvillegreatagain ! Feel free to contact me if you have questions!