WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

G.I. JOE...Who Wouldn't Want This!?!

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
how about model airport on youtube ?

Someone posted it here a while back .........

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Funny iv'e seen so many vintage toys for sale for ridiculous prices, and I just kick myself, because I had so many of them, and treated a lot of them like crap....haha! wish i took care of my stuff and made it last, they just don't build toys like that anymore. and also weird to see some stuff they consider vintage now, and im like shit! im getting old...LOL

bonesfab

Reaction score
That thing is cool. I still have a bunch of the older and newer gi joe stuff. Even have big Jim stuff if you remember that. :thumbsup. I will always be a kid at heart. Just the toys cost more now.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Totally remember the Big jim stuff, thats way cool, too bad we didn't hang on to all those toys back in the day, I might actually have a retirement fund to add to lol!

yz450mm

Reaction score
That is bad ass...

How about the original army men? I must have spent a third of my childhood playing with them.

Laying down rifle guy
Standing rifle guy
Crawling guy
Mortor guy
Bazooka guy
Running guy
Grenade guy

They all thought they were tough until they met Mr M80 lol

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Bazooka guy and Grenade guy were my favorites! only bad thing was when dad walked down the hall or through the house late at night and stepped on them when you forgot to put em away.....man the four letter words that came out of his mouth were awesome at 3am....:thumbsup:D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Man...I had all that when I was a kid.

Remember this?

IMG_6625.JPG

how about model airport on youtube ?

Someone posted it here a while back .........

Like this?

Last edited by a moderator:

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
YES, that is the airport, and the 'euroscape' that has been added to it since 2011 .

What a job, building and playing with 'miniature life like models' .................

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Man...I had all that when I was a kid.

Remember this?

View attachment 517250

Like this?

well that brings back memories, I just watched a re-run of the six million dollar man last night haha, and now that i see that action figure, it kind of reminds me of the "Barry" character from "Archer"...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Bazooka guy and Grenade guy were my favorites! only bad thing was when dad walked down the hall or through the house late at night and stepped on them when you forgot to put em away.....man the four letter words that came out of his mouth were awesome at 3am....:thumbsup:D

It was the Lego pieces that always seemed to get the loudest and most vulgar results from my old man. That trait I found when I had kids.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
For me it was the nuts and bolts from the erector sets

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I still have all my GI Joe figure, accessories, jeep and trailer, clothes, all tucked away[emoji379]

2Driver

Reaction score
Kind of like Baseball cards:

When you are 8 years old they are pictures of your idols. When your 40, they are pictures of other men.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Wow you are going to go make me look what i still have. Lincoln logs and erector sets are still in the garage. Ho and n scale trains and afx slot cars are there too.. Legos in the closet. Hot wheels and matchbox cars too.. Ahh the memories.

boatnam2

Reaction score
My girlfriend is a bit of a saver, hate to use the other word she gets hot, but she has boxes of just about every board game there is, lots of old Nintendo cartridges, i was more of a evil Knievel hot wheels guy.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Protective lego shoes are a thing now LOL

IMG_6626.JPG

Tank

Reaction score
I have a shit tone of GI Joe And transformer stuff I kept from when I was a kid. I have the F14 that goes with the aircraft carrier above as well as the cobra SR22 plane. I actually pulled a bag of stuff out and gave them to my 7 year old to play with. He likes them. Figure they're used and I saved them with having my kids play with them someday so, keeping true tommy word. ;)

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
When I was a kid it was the big GI Joes, Johnny West, Noble Knights and Major Matt Mason. I wish I had kept all the ones I had instead of destroying them, like the little stupid kid I was. :rolleyes