WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

G19 vs G43

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Is either California compliant? G19 (15+1) or G43 (6+1)... asking for a friend.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Is either California compliant? G19 (15+1) or G43 (6+1)... asking for a friend.

Are you talking about purchasing in CA or bringing into CA? My understanding is that those are different things

Edited to add, if purchasing you are restricted to only purchase weapons that are on the "Safe Handgun Roster" list. If you are just bringing it into the state, you do not have to abide the roster, but you do have to play by their rules and only have 10rd mags.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Nope, neither are on the CA roster. Now that being said that is of 2019 and purchases made after 2019. Now if purchased before, you can legally bring them in with 60 day notice to DOJ and proper paperwork. No threaded barrels, no magazines over 10 rounds.... and so forth.

Definitely a lot of reading to do on this subject.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Are you talking about purchasing in CA or bringing into CA? My understanding is that those are different things

Edited to add, if purchasing you are restricted to only purchase weapons that are on the "Safe Handgun Roster" list. If you are just bringing it into the state, you do not have to abide the roster, but you do have to play by their rules and only have 10rd mags.

Just legal transportation for interior home storage apon arrival... sounds like only the G43 will make the cut

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Nope, neither are on the CA roster. Now that being said that is of 2019 and purchases made after 2019. Now if purchased before, you can legally bring them in with 60 day notice to DOJ and proper paperwork. No threaded barrels, no magazines over 10 rounds.... and so forth.

ok... lets try Sig P290RS? ... existing hardware, legally transported to be stored inside of a home until legally transported out of state?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Just legal transportation for interior home storage apon arrival... sounds like only the G43 will make the cut

or buy 10rd mags for the 19

I read the statute (27560) as you have to do the DOJ paperwork if you are staying in the state longer than 60 days.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
ok... lets try Sig P290RS? ... existing hardware, legally transported to be stored inside of a home until legally transported out of state?

Back up a second. Your friend is not a CA resident right? How long would the guns be in CA?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

G19 gen 3 10+1 is CA compliant. G43 was never CA compliant

From the link that I posted

"As a non-resident just visiting the state, you do not have to register your gun and your handguns are not restricted to what is on the Safe Handgun Roster. If you own it (and it is not an "assault weapon") you can bring it. That means your Gen 5 Glock that is not for sale in California is legal for you to bring, with 10 round magazines. "

77charger

Reaction score
Basically any modern new handgun you cannot buy in ca. But if you are coming from out of state to visit you can bring with you just need a 10 or under mag. And like said no threaded barrels

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
From the link that I posted

"As a non-resident just visiting the state, you do not have to register your gun and your handguns are not restricted to what is on the Safe Handgun Roster. If you own it (and it is not an "assault weapon") you can bring it. That means your Gen 5 Glock that is not for sale in California is legal for you to bring, with 10 round magazines. "

I refuse to pussify my "friends" G19... he has alternatives that were born 10- mags

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Just bring it. as long as your friend is not a criminal, and he is the registered owner, you are fine with a 10 round mag. The larger mag is probably a grey area.

As the moderator, I would understand if this inappropriate lounge thread disappeared....lol

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I refuse to pussify my "friends" G19... he has alternatives that were born 10- mags

I have 10 rounders for my 19 so I can bring it into CA, it's a much better shooter than my wife's 43. I use the 10 rounders when I compete in production division in USPSA.

Just bring it. as long as your friend is not a criminal, and he is the registered owner, you are fine with a 10 round mag. The larger mag is probably a grey area.

Registered owner? PSHHHH this is AZ we don't play those gun registration games

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I have 10 rounders for my 19 so I can bring it into CA, it's a much better shooter than my wife's 43. I use the 10 rounders when I compete in production division in USPSA.
Registered owner? PSHHHH this is AZ we don't play those gun registration games

Just a light joke.. But I have no idea where to get 10 rd mags, so I will have to go with my 43 and "running flip flops"....

Boat 405

Reaction score
Yep, just don't have a round in the chamber, carry it in the trunk, with magazines out/separated. Leave the larger than 10 round mags at home. Mostly just use common sense on the subject. Don't give a cop a reason to pull you over, and if he does never offer any additional information that wasn't asked.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Who cares. Just buy one anyways. Fuck Cali

Amen.

3B142D26-077C-4E13-963E-F0CE704664CC.jpeg

Duramax

Reaction score
I did a nice custom 43. It was looked cool and fit in my pocket, but I never liked the feel of it. A little snappy, and I believe I did a ported Agency barrel for it. a G19 is comfy, and a decent extended mag can get you what, 15-20 rounds? Ever thought of a G32? Love the 357Sig round.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
G19 feels better and more secure in my hands. But the 43 is much smaller and carries concealed better. However the capacities are way different. Different tools for different situations I suppose.

77charger

Reaction score
G19 feels better and more secure in my hands. But the 43 is much smaller and carries concealed better. However the capacities are way different. Different tools for different situations I suppose.
Only reason i went with a g43 it was between that and a shield.I got a deal on the 43.But i like the compactness and the slimness of it.Considered a 48 as well(slim version of a g19) but like said liked the compact of the 43.

HCP3

Reaction score
HANDGUNS
Pursuant to California Penal Code section 25610, a United States citizen over 18 years of age who is not prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, may transport by motor vehicle any handgun provided it is unloaded and locked in the vehicle’s trunk or in a locked container. Furthermore, the handgun must be carried directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while being carried must be contained within a locked container.

HCP3

Reaction score
The most recent article that I can find about 10+ mags in CA. The AG website is not updated. My opinion is that you leave the 10+ mags out of state...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
G43x with 15 round mags brings G19 capacity to a much smaller frame [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I did a nice custom 43. It was looked cool and fit in my pocket, but I never liked the feel of it. A little snappy, and I believe I did a ported Agency barrel for it. a G19 is comfy, and a decent extended mag can get you what, 15-20 rounds? Ever thought of a G32? Love the 357Sig round.

My “friend” bought all the 32 round Glock mags he could find last November… they also fit nicely into a foxtrot AR 9. Looks a little funny in a G19, but let’s face it, Glock fan boys never really care about looks!

sintax

Reaction score
G43x with 15 round mags brings G19 capacity to a much smaller frame [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny I was just going to post this. Seems like the sweet setup for sure. The 43x is perfect size and shape wise, being able to carry 15 really ups its game.