WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gabbys Giffords hubby Mark E Kelly busted in Ariz

mark49

Reaction score
Just when you thought he was a role model!!!!!

He got caught buying the very product he broadcasts are evil. What makes this so sad is him exploiting his beautiful wife. Gabby will need many more years of rehab, but sadly shes now having to re-learn a whole new life. I lost all respect for Mark E Kelly. Its like hummm Im running for office of pro-life, but i just paid for my daughters abortion.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...nces-He-s-Not-Keeping-It-After-News-Leaks-Out

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
He's an exploitive duche-bag. It's nice to see people are finally starting to catch on.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Thumbs down Mark Kelly, I hope his staff googles and finds this site as well as other sites to see the criticism he is getting. He is becoming a total asswipe!:(

shueman

Reaction score
The article link included...

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Sounds like he is trying to prove something about background checks:headscratch: I mean I would hope he could pass a background check and he's not going to say "Look I bought an AR and I'm a felon" Wonder what his angle is.:hmm Oh wait I got it, he legally purchased it for home protection:D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I bet he was planning on keeping it but got caught by the media.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Am I understanding the spin correctly??...

He was buying it to turn it into the police?? :rolleyes

I gotta believe that he's an intelligent guy being he was an astronaut but that has got to be the worst excuse ever :p

Mardonzi

Pull!! Bnag!! Loss!!
Reaction score
Who took the pic that was posted up on Facebook? If it's one of his people, then he could very well have been purchasing this as a publicity stunt.. If it was taken by someone else, then RR is probably right..

Now the question I have that I posted up in the guns sections is this... If he had no intention of being the lawful owner of this, then he is a "straw buyer" and what he did is illegal. Therefore, the term "Douche Bag Hypocrite" stands...

530RL

Reaction score
A career Naval Officer goes to a gun store to buy a gun. The store runs the appropriate background check and the check comes back as clean and eligible to purchase a weapon.

Isn't this how it is supposed to work?

Mardonzi

Pull!! Bnag!! Loss!!
Reaction score
A career Naval Officer goes to a gun store to buy a gun. The store runs the appropriate background check and the check comes back as clean and eligible to purchase a weapon.

How dare you bring common sense into this thread?? :D

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
If you read the Breitbart link the timing seems to support RR's theory.
And as Rodney pointed out, the background check was completed, the man was cleared (as he knew he would be) and the purchase is legal.
Sounds like it all worked as it should.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score

EXACTLY!!!

I think the story his story starts to fall apart when he not only decided to buy the AR-15 but more importantly (to me) was the purchase of the extra magazines.......he certainly wasn't buying ALL THESE THINGS to make a point.....the AR-15 would have been sufficient to make his point.....this is why I would be willing to label this guy as a douchebag.....my .02

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Being ex- Navy, he's not stable......according to "Feinstein Theory".:rolleyes

Suffering through a tragedy is one thing. Playing off it with stupid stunts is another thing all together. Buying the weapon legally to somehow show a very unclear point is fanning the flames of division within society, or buying it legally to own after condemning others for owning one, is purely hypocritical. Either way he's making poor decisions.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I call BS that he doesn't have the guns, there is no waiting period in AZ so there is no reason he wouldn't have gone home with them that day.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I call BS that he doesn't have the guns, there is no waiting period in AZ so there is no reason he wouldn't have gone home with them that day.

You may be right, but from another forum I heard there is a waiting period if the gun is used. Apparently the FFL must give time for the PD to check to see if it is a crime gun (i.e. stolen).

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
I bet he was planning on keeping it but got caught by the media.

Somehow this is a bad thing?

You guys should take a good look at yourselves.

An American hero, ONE OF OUR FUCKING ASTRONAUTS-
whose wife was nearly killed by a deranged gunman

goes out and buys an automatic weapon...

RUNNINHOTRACING163.1

Reaction score

Sure thought so :thumbsup

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-BOAT-DR..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item2c6a7d116a&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOAT-TR..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item3cb4089d56&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-TRIM-TA..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item2c6501c609&vxp=mtr

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :champagne :champagne

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

I think Mark Giffords or anyone else that meets the letter of the law should be allowed to own an AR15.

I just find it more than mildly hypocritical that a man that just started a PAC aimed at restricting gun ownership pulls a stunt like this. It goes towards character, something he has shown a distinct lack of since Rep. Giffords was shot.

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
I think Mark Giffords or anyone else that meets the letter of the law should be allowed to own an AR15.

I just find it more than mildly hypocritical that a man that just started a PAC aimed at restricting gun ownership pulls a stunt like this. It goes towards character, something he has shown a distinct lack of since Rep. Giffords was shot.
Bull.Fucking.Shit. Character???

I find your statement more, much more than mildly stupid.

All he did was legally purchase a weapon and legally submit to a background check.
Explain to us how it's a 'stunt'.

What, exactly, do you have a problem with here?

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

Brilliant!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Bull.Fucking.Shit. Character???

I find your statement more, much more than mildly stupid.

All he did was legally purchase a weapon and legally submit to a background check.
Explain to us how it's a 'stunt'.

What, exactly, do you have a problem with here?

I have no problems if he wants to own an AR, then he should just say so. Now he's turning it over to TPD.

You don't find that, odd?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
If he bought as a stunt than I wonder how he answered "Question 11" on the 4473? It seems to me he made the purchase knowing he would not be the owner of the AR 15.
Maybe he is a straw purchaser for a LEO who is pissed some gun companies won't sell to him anymore.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
He's an exploitive duche-bag. It's nice to see people are finally starting to catch on.

X100 Both of them are media whores. first words out of her mouth after recovery......"buy my book". They are a white version of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Where did it say he bought an "Automatic" weapon?

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
Brilliant!

Thanks for the big red letters.

You're the first, and I see one more after ya...
wonder how many would feel the need to comment if I didn't say I did it deliberately. :rolleyes

I guess we could say: "he bought a weapon like the one used at Sandy Hook Elementary School that was used in a massacre of first graders."

That would be more accurate, huh?

exact facts being all important and such.

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
X100 Both of them are media whores. first words out of her mouth after recovery......"buy my book". They are a white version of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

I think we have a new applicant for biggest douchebag on the internet.

Do you have a drop of self-awareness?

cave

Reaction score

Its a semi Auto :D

Brilliant!
Easterners.lol No offense I love your pictures.

wonder how many would feel the need to comment if I didn't say I did it deliberately. :rolleyes

I guess we could say: "he bought a weapon like the one used at Sandy Hook Elementary School that was used in a massacre of first graders."

This was all a lie. the AR was found in the trunk of the car. The autopsies proved that a handgun was used, not a .223 caliber AR Defensive weapon.
Sorry to bring facts into this. :D
carry on.

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score

You should stick with shooting images....If you don't see why this is a issue, then well your just blind or a liberal or don't pay attention to the news....Just my opinion, and I do enjoy your photography...

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
I believe he doesn't practice what he preaches.

He's been on TV telling the US how bad these assault weapons are, then he goes and purchases one.

Guess they are just bad for the public
Not for X astronauts.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I think the AR purchase is a stupid publicity stunt he plans to use on national TV. What is puzzling for me is the 1911 purchase. Don't they hold 10 or less rounds? It would seem he purchased it to keep, I cant see what point he is trying to make. Why would he take the chance of splintering his constituents by purchasing any firearm right now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
I think the AR purchase is a stupid publicity stunt he plans to use on national TV. What is puzzling for me is the 1911 purchase. Don't they hold 10 or less rounds? It would seem he purchased it to keep, I cant see what point he is trying to make. Why would he take the chance of splintering his constituents by purchasing any firearm right now?

Because he is a law abiding citizen and he can...and for him to make a political statement that makes no sense to people that don't understand the laws of our nation and that would vote for him...His constituents that would vote for him are going to be left leaning idiots because he is going to ride this beaten down horse of how his wife got shot..James Brady comes to my mind. Reagan got shot in what 1981. The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 30, 1993, and went into effect on February 28, 1994. My solution to everyone is this KISS...Keep It Simple Stupid.....In recent times and going back to 1981 what do all these killings have in common.....DUH...these fuckers had mental issues and the writing were on the wall....Im no fucking shrink just think about it and if you think its the guns fault, then maybe you should see a shrink yourself...

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Because he is a law abiding citizen and he can...and for him to make a political statement that makes no sense to people that don't understand the laws of our nation and that would vote for him...His constituents that would vote for him are going to be left leaning idiots because he is going to ride this beaten down horse of how his wife got shot..James Brady comes to my mind. Reagan got shot in what 1981. The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 30, 1993, and went into effect on February 28, 1994. My solution to everyone is this KISS...Keep It Simple Stupid.....In recent times and going back to 1981 what do all these killings have in common.....DUH...these fuckers had mental issues and the writing were on the wall....Im no fucking shrink just think about it and if you think its the guns fault, then maybe you should see a shrink yourself...

I think your saying that his followers don't realize a 1911 holds <10 rounds and only see it as a gun to ban. I can believe that because of how uneducated the antis are.

mark49

Reaction score
The 45 cal 1911 is really not the #1 choice of home security. It comes with a 7 rd factory, 8 optional mag, but they do sell mags up to 25 rds. The 1911 is more a recreation shooter in this day and age, which means he bought it to have fun, take to the range, the desert etc. The glock striker type handguns are more self defense. So what im saying is ole Mark was going to have some nice showy handguns. The 1911s are my favorite guns, "I should know i own 4 of them" My glock is my daily side arm "no Safety's striker models more Capacity, lighter etc.
So IMHO Mark Kelly timing really sucked, he wanted some nice quality shooter handguns and bought them as he should. The problem is his personal website asking for donations against buying the same types of guns he just purchased. He's abusing his wife's tragic event to his own personal agenda... He and the democrats have high hopes of Mark Kelly being Arizona's next senator or congressman, remember his name it will be on our ballot soon.

Last edited:

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
The 45 cal 1911 is really not the #1 choice of home security. It comes with a 7 rd factory, 8 optional mag, but they do sell mags up to 25 rds. The 1911 is more a recreation shooter in this day and age, which means he bought it to have fun, take to the range, the desert etc. The glock striker type handguns are more self defense. So what im saying is ole Mark was going to have some nice showy handguns. The 1911s are my favorite guns, "I should know i own 4 of them" My glock is my daily side arm "no Safety's striker models more Capacity, lighter etc.
So IMHO Mark Kelly timing really sucked, he wanted some nice quality shooter handguns and bought them as he should. The problem is his personal website asking for donations against buying the same types of guns he just purchased. He's abusing his wife's tragic event to his own personal agenda... He and the democrats have high hopes of Mark Kelly being Arizona's next senator or congressman, remember his name it will be on our ballot soon.

This is the only reason I can see too. If if does run for public office this should haunt him, and I wouldn't vote for him.

KAP

Reaction score
This was all a lie. the AR was found in the trunk of the car. The autopsies proved that a handgun was used, not a .223 caliber AR Defensive weapon.
Sorry to bring facts into this. :D
carry on.

Comment:

You are absolutely correct yet you see consistent misinformation [mainstream media] about what gun was used by the nut job at Sandy Hook Elementary.

The autopsy of each victim identified a handgun was the weapon used not a rifle [AR-15]. The AR-15 was later found in the trunk of the car.

I relish what Mark Kelly did when he decided to buy some firearms. He demonstrated that the process works and even he...needs weapons for self defense. Plus, he illustrated via photo and rehetoric that he is the poster child for hypocrisy. Scary but as other members alluded he will probably run for office and be elected because people are stupid and forget.

Done with my A.M. factoid.

KAP

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Good for the gun shop owner! There are ads daily on back-page to avoid doing business with him privately since he just wants to sensationalize a private sale.

On a side note he was on the news last night for his daughters dog mauling a seal on the beach in Cali.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I'm guessing the shops lawyer advised him in the decision. the shop can't legally sell the firearm if they have knowledge that the buyer isn't the end user. At least if I understand the law correctly.

What Mr. Giffords said he was going to do is pretty much what Fast and Furious was all about. Other than the guns went to Mexico instead of TPD. That is pretty much the definition of a straw purchase.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was going to sell the guns to North Korea.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score

Are you saying that he is a hypocrite???......that would seem to absolutely qualify him for a life in politics :D

500bbc

Reaction score
Think any one of us might have to pay a hefty fine if one of our dogs did that?

Rumor has it that beach is closed to dogs to boot.

The Marine Mammal Protection Act(MMPA) was passed on October 21, 1972. All marine mammals are protected under the MMPA. The MMPA prohibits any people to take, touch, harm or harass marine mammals in U.S. waters and by U.S. citizens on the high seas, and the importation of marine mammals and marine mammal products into the U.S.

The MMPA states that if you come across a beached marine mammal, you must stay a minimum of 100 feet away from the animal. Rehabilitation centers that are licensed to treat marine mammals, are authorized to approach and assess the animal's condition, and if necessary remove the animal from its location.