WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Garage access for renters ?

badgas

Reaction score
I have a Havasu house that I will start renting this summer when the pool is done.

I see lot of vacation rentals that give renters no or limited access to the garages. We have a two car + attached RV garage. My plan was to wall off the RV garage either with a wall and a locking door or a roll up storage door. As we all know there is never enough garage space so latley I've been thinking of having no garage access at all. I'm told that snow birds want a garage to park their cars but summer weekend renters do not care as much. The other issue is boat parking, there is no side boat parking. The driveway angle would be tricky but not impossible and there is room on the street.

Curious on thoughts if you were the renter or the owner.

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
Personally I don't care about garage space but would at least like to park my boat on property. I have rented, when garage space was available didn't really use it as I kept my boat hooked to my truck. We usually bring people so we have a car to use.

just_floatin

Reaction score
My rentals always include the garages. I charge an extra $250 per month because of the AC - 23’deep car and 45’deep RV garage. Closing on this new one next month just out of Phoenix.
8B415905-F897-4CBC-9F02-D577E6451BF5.jpeg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Short term VRBO/Air b&b rentals no garage. Long term snow bird rental yes on garage.

badgas

Reaction score
My rentals always include the garages. I charge an extra $250 per month because of the AC - 23’deep car and 45’deep RV garage. Closing on this new one next month just out of Phoenix. View attachment 973277

In my case i'm thinking more for weekend renters. I could clear out the 2 car if a snowbnird wanted in for 3 months.

just_floatin

Reaction score
In my case i'm thinking more for weekend renters. I could clear out the 2 car if a snowbnird wanted in for 3 months.
Good idea. If you have the room, offer the garage for an extra fee. You might be pleasantly surprised what people are willing to pay.

badgas

Reaction score
Maybe i'm over thinking it ? I also know a lot of people come to town with no boat or toys . Just looking for a place to stay because their friends have toys and they got an invite.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
I am renting a few places this Spring/Summer and my for sure have to have is a spot to keep the boat attached to the truck. A month long or more spot I need at least a spot for the wife's car in the garage and a good off the street spot for my truck and boat. We did look around and we found one with inside boat parking as well but it wasn't a deal breaker. The short trip houses just need a FLAT place to park and load the set up that isn't hanging out in the street. Parking is important though, even just for other cars as the short trips are sometimes like 3 cars and the boat. I don't care how nice the house is, if the parking sucks I won't rent again.

badgas

Reaction score
I am renting a few places this Spring/Summer and my for sure have to have is a spot to keep the boat attached to the truck. A month long or more spot I need at least a spot for the wife's car in the garage and a good off the street spot for my truck and boat. We did look around and we found one with inside boat parking as well but it wasn't a deal breaker. The short trip houses just need a FLAT place to park and load the set up that isn't hanging out in the street. Parking is important though, even just for other cars as the short trips are sometimes like 3 cars and the boat. I don't care how nice the house is, if the parking sucks I won't rent again.

Thanks

This is what i need to hear

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I allow entry and storage into my garage for my Snowbirds, but that is it. They are happy parking outside, and the rate is $1700/month for them. It is just a nice clean, basic 3/2, and that is probably $100-$200 below VRBO/market price.

Turnup

Reaction score
Speaking as a professional renter lol...garage parking is pretty much expected, its nice to have a car in the garage during the 100s plus days in the summer, boat garage not so much cared for. If I had a boat with me during the rental period I'd assume my rental didn't have boat garage parking and think it would be outside for a couple nights indoor would be a bonus. But for sure a spot inside for the car or I would move on to another rental. That being said, beggars can't be choosers and in the busy months someone will have to suck it up and take the non garage rental..🤷‍♂️

badgas

Reaction score
Speaking as a professional renter lol...garage parking is pretty much expected, its nice to have a car in the garage during the 100s plus days in the summer, boat garage not so much cared for. If I had a boat with me during the rental period I'd assume my rental didn't have boat garage parking and think it would be outside for a couple nights indoor would be a bonus. But for sure a spot inside for the car or I would move on to another rental. That being said, beggars can't be choosers and in the busy months someone will have to suck it up and take the non garage rental..🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the input

I do want to make it a cool place so well see. Separating the RV garage and giving renters the two car is not the end of world. I would just need to remove our personal vehicle

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Thanks for the input

I do want to make it a cool place so well see. Separating the RV garage and giving renters the two car is not the end of world. I would just need to remove our personal vehicle
Do not leave them any garage door opener’s