WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Garage Cabinets Upgrade

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yorba Linda Garage 3-09-10 005.jpg IMG_2035.jpg IMG_2036.jpg IMG_2069.jpg I have been wanting to get rid of my 30 year old wood cabinets for some time. Then I came across SJPs threads with his new cabinets. I called Baldhead Cabinets in Bend OR. and the owner Eric answered. We then started going back and forth with e-mails. I decided to do the cabinets in (2) phases over a few months since I was doing the install myself.

I ordered the (2) tall cabinets first and installed them. After seeing how much I liked them, I went ahead and ordered the rest of the cabinets.

There was a gap between my tool box and the new cabinets so I made a box and lined it with diamond plate to hide some of the wires.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Looks really tidy and updated. Nice work :thumbup:

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Looks awesome Bobby. :thumbsup Like high end kitchen cabinets for your garage. :D

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
World of difference Bobby. The Vett in the garage doesn't hurt either.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Looks awesome Bobby. :thumbsup Like high end kitchen cabinets for your garage. :D
Thanks Sam. Yes they do cost like high end cabinets. :p I sent the before and after pics to Eric. He replied that I now need to replace the cabinets over the washer and dryer. :eek

Enen

Reaction score
That turned out great! :thumbup:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
All metal and powder coated. No exposed hardware or brackets. They are unreal. If you want to check them out let me know.

I do, need to order up a set up for new garage.

charlyox

Reaction score
Great job.[emoji106]
Looks really clean.

DLC

Reaction score
That looks sweet I dig on the gray, although I don?t see a tv, I have to have a tv in the garage!

What brand of cabinets, anybody have a link?

Costco has line of metal cabinets that they sell, these kinda look similar, if I remember they are like New Age or New Line .....

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Looks great. :thumbup:

I'm hoping I can swing some new badass cabinets for the garage.

I'm still recovering from spending $23k on the house cabinets.

Kenboat

Reaction score
Building a 32 x 45 shop at my place and starting to look for metal cabinets. Baldhead cabinets look very good and are expensive.
Do feel they are worth the premium over others? Are the large store cabinets shipped fully built or do they need to be bolted together?
Found BadAss cabinets that are very heavy duty and more costly, they come fully built.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Building a 32 x 45 shop at my place and starting to look for metal cabinets. Baldhead cabinets look very good and are expensive.
Do feel they are worth the premium over others? Are the large store cabinets shipped fully built or do they need to be bolted together?
Found BadAss cabinets that are very heavy duty and more costly, they come fully built.
The Baldhead Cabinets are very pricey, but I really like the quality and looks of the cabinets. Yes, the cabinets frames come shipped fully built. Just need to attach the doors.

@SJP has done a couple of his high-end garages using Baldhead.

TCHB

Reaction score
Looks great. 0ne thing I would like is a nice rolling work table.

X Hoser

Reaction score
That looks sweet I dig on the gray, although I don?t see a tv, I have to have a tv in the garage!

What brand of cabinets, anybody have a link?

Costco has line of metal cabinets that they sell, these kinda look similar, if I remember they are like New Age or New Line .....
New Age Products are sold by Costco. You can also go direct. Had them in my last garage and really liked them. Will probably use the same in my new build.

Kenboat

Reaction score
Are the New Age cabinets made in the USA? It appears they ship broken down and you have to assemble.
The Bad Ass cabinets are really BAD ASS!
A work bench is $6000!

X Hoser

Reaction score
Are the New Age cabinets made in the USA? It appears they ship broken down and you have to assemble.
The Bad Ass cabinets are really BAD ASS!
A work bench is $6000!
I believe the cabinets are made in China. I also believe Newage is based out of Canada. Not 100% sure on either though. Mine came assembled, minus the feet which I did not use. I set mine on the stem wall and bolted to the wall. I got the Bold Series as they are 18” wide, where the Pro Series are 24” wide. I only had 18” between the garage wall and door and didn’t want them sticking out past that. I was happy with them.

Kenboat

Reaction score
First quote in from Baldhead Cabinets, at $26,000 for a 24 ft stack of upper and lowers. I was thinking 10K!
Going to reconsider my options. May just go with 60" wide x 96" steel sotrage cabinets and a rolling 6 ft long tool chest.