WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Garage epoxy flooring questions..

adam909

Reaction score
So the wife says before I plop down a large gun safe in the garage she wants to epoxy the garage floor.

So whats the go to product? How many steps should a contractor do for a good, solid epoxy floor?

Im looking to do a light tan expoxy but some of the samples ive seen isnt exactly what i thought.. Are there different styles of epoxy, are they all pretty much the same?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
IMG_1344.JPG

Curb Appeal in LHC did ours, 25 x 50 double RV garage. We've been very happy with it. A bit pricy, about $4K. But, I'd do it again. Ample drying time was vital.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
So the wife says before I plop down a large gun safe in the garage she wants to epoxy the garage floor.

So whats the go to product? How many steps should a contractor do for a good, solid epoxy floor?

Im looking to do a light tan expoxy but some of the samples ive seen isnt exactly what i thought.. Are there different styles of epoxy, are they all pretty much the same?
Where are you located. @CoronaChris does epoxy floors.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents- I had my floor done and it looks great but I dont think the durability is there that I expected. I work on cars and dirt bikes occasionally and have dropped tools, etc., I also have 3 kids that drop things including bikes, etc... and I get random scratches and chips in the epoxy. I think the floors are great and clean up really easy. They look nice when they are clean, however I dont think they are designed for durability to with stand the garage mechanic kind of person.

If I were to to it again, I would rethink it and look at doing a cool commercial grade LVT type flooring.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Grind the existing slab to open up the finish. Shotblasting or second best is diamond wheel
Vacuum, sweep, vacuum, blow.
Primer Coat
Base coat #1
Base coat #2
Top Coat #1 with UV
Top Coat #2 with UV

These guys sell kits delivered to your door. https://www.legacyindustrial.net/

I usually buy from Sunshine Supply.

A good job means extra steps. I did mine 20 years ago and it still looks great.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Grind the existing slab to open up the finish. Shotblasting or second best is diamond wheel
Vacuum, sweep, vacuum, blow.
Primer Coat
Base coat #1
Base coat #2
Top Coat #1 with UV
Top Coat #2 with UV

These guys sell kits delivered to your door. https://www.legacyindustrial.net/

I usually buy from Sunshine Supply.

A good job means extra steps. I did mine 20 years ago and it still looks great.

Curious- hows the durability?

Double Live Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm looking at garage floor paint & being told a Polyaspartic Floor is the way to go.

Relative just had it done and it does look great. I got a quote for $2100, $2600 if I want baseboard too. This is for a 2 car garage. Guy says in drys in about an hour.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Don’t use the Quickcrete stuff.
It’s garbage.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I’ve done it myself, now I gladly pay someone to do it. Our storage unit was $4000, 26 by 50, two coats of epoxy two coats of clear
2685344A-A40C-4B21-9F36-5CD90DA86FD4.jpeg

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Having 2400sq feet done on Monday in Havasu. Last house we owned I did it myself and it wasn’t a fun project but was super durable and lasted for 5 years (then moved).

I like the look much better then concrete floors. I did look into polishing the concrete in Havasu but it cost a lot more and everyone said it wouldn’t last like epoxy. Epoxy should last for a long time of installed right.

River918

Reaction score
We are going to have this done instead of epoxy. It’s stronger, adheres better, and is guaranteed. Costs more, but looks to be worth it. Looking at doing it next month.

Double Live Gonzo

Reaction score
We are going to have this done instead of epoxy. It’s stronger, adheres better, and is guaranteed. Costs more, but looks to be worth it. Looking at doing it next month.

That's the same stuff and process used at the relatives house. It does look great!!!

I'm going this route too.

707dog

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents- I had my floor done and it looks great but I dont think the durability is there that I expected. I work on cars and dirt bikes occasionally and have dropped tools, etc., I also have 3 kids that drop things including bikes, etc... and I get random scratches and chips in the epoxy. I think the floors are great and clean up really easy. They look nice when they are clean, however I dont think they are designed for durability to with stand the garage mechanic kind of person.

If I were to to it again, I would rethink it and look at doing a cool commercial grade LVT type flooring.
thanks for posting this was my concern and why i have not done mine although id love a nice garage floor. I'm a DIY guy oil changes, brakes...ect so dragging a floor jack around will happen & tools flying sometimes.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Curb Appeal told me our floor was impervious to everything except battery acid. After about 3 years, so far, they’ve been correct.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
At my previous house I did my own garage floors with the Behr product. I really prepped it well, degreased, etched, prime coat, top coat etc... It looked great, then it rained and hot tires pulled it right up. I was disappointed to say the least. I would definitely call a pro next time.

Reaction score
View attachment 1226100
View attachment 1226101

X2 he did mine in San Bernardino, turned out great. Well, we just closed on our house and I am already getting ready to start the first project. The garage is a mess and I would like to put fresh paint on the walls and use DuPont's ExpoxyCoat product to clean and paint the floors. I was thinking that the upcoming 3-day weekend would be a good time to do this. Has anybody used this product? Got any recommendations? Well, we just closed on our house and I am already getting ready to start the first project. The garage is a mess and I would like to put fresh paint on the walls and use DuPont's ExpoxyCoat product to clean and paint the floors. I was thinking that the upcoming 3-day weekend would be a good time to do this. Has anybody used this product epoxy floor coating greenville sc? Got any recommendations?
i got almost the same

DLC

Reaction score
What’s a good budget for a 1800 sf garage - Havasu ?

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
What’s a good budget for a 1800 sf garage - Havasu ?
I'm not sure exactly what havasu companies are charging but I have come out to Havasu twice in the past month and I charge about $4 per sqft. Full flake system with griding and repairs if needed

DLC

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what havasu companies are charging but I have come out to Havasu twice in the past month and I charge about $4 per sqft. Full flake system with griding and repairs if needed
Thank you!

We are at the start of a bathroom refresher!

So ill reach out after its done

D19

Reaction score
I don’t really have any finished pics of my garage, buts here’s mine.

I used Versatile Expoxy kit and did it myself. They sell the entire install kit w/ tools and I rented the grinder at HD.

F0C02B8F-DE28-46FB-9FF0-537F1B19E570.jpeg
F5EC616F-7C42-4AC6-935E-14298C326F62.jpeg
FFCABF97-C2A6-47DE-AF45-286142F7065D.jpeg

D19

Reaction score
Typical homeowner 😁
Looks good Dennis

Lol I really regret not taking any before pics of garage. This should give you an idea of what I started with. Tweakers had the garage wired with automotive wiring
7339ABE2-6132-4F8E-B965-3C7646135C99.jpeg

I was half way through demo the entire house and thought “ I guess I should have taken before pics” 😀

JLG614

Reaction score
I don’t really have any finished pics of my garage, buts here’s mine.

I used Versatile Expoxy kit and did it myself. They sell the entire install kit w/ tools and I rented the grinder at HD.

View attachment 1226593 View attachment 1226594 View attachment 1226595

You did a very nice job. homeowner or pro that is a good looking floor. You also went the correct route and used a reputable epoxy company. most people use the home depot epoxy and think its the same products we put down. I've used versatile products before, definitely a good epoxy manufacturer

JL95

Reaction score
I am looking to have my garage floor done soon, Can't decide on epoxy or concrete stain and seal. What are you seeing $/ft on these?
Post some floors up gentlemen 🤓

GET SOME

Reaction score
Bump... Whos the go to company in Huntington Beach.. 3 car garage.. I was going to go with metallic epoxy but sounds like if you work in the garage you will see more imperfections then standard flake.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Bump... Whos the go to company in Huntington Beach.. 3 car garage.. I was going to go with metallic epoxy but sounds like if you work in the garage you will see more imperfections then standard flake.
@JLG614 with signature garage design.

JLG614

Reaction score
I own an epoxy company in OC. Give me a call and we’ll get you dialed in. 714-616-1411 Josh

Backlash

Reaction score
While we are on this topic-

Has anyone dealt with moisture coming in from the bottom exterior wall vents during rain and from sprinklers? I have no rain gutters but I do have 4 vents on my one exterior wall for the garage. 1 high and 3 low (seems like overkill). I need to get my floor coated or polished but need to solve this problem first.

Do they make vents that have flaps or hinged louvres?

i did not do any of this drywall mud either 💀

View attachment 1234451

Thanks
Sorry I had to laugh! Jeezus it looks like a 3 year old threw that mud! 🤣