WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Garage Flooring

Havazoo

Reaction score
Getting ready to lay in a new garage floor, just wondering what everyone is using and if anyone has any insight on the Snap in Floors i.e. Race Deck etc.
Pictures of your floors would be great. Thanks !!

rsvrdogs

Reaction score
I have had a snap together floor for about ten years. Has held up great. Just sweep and mopped
1C0C977A-F346-4490-94B4-1A73137DD2D2.jpeg

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
We did the epoxy floor and love it. Advanced Garage did the work and it came out very good, especially for the price.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I had Race Deck about 15 years ago. Installs easy, cleans well and holds up ok. But I did damage it a few times working on stuff due to weight on small edges etc. I also moved and took it with me and it moved pretty easy, but wow was I suprised by how much dirt was trapped underneath. Since then I just do epoxy

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I’m going to just be doing a polish to my new garage floors. The last house I had the epoxied garage floors and they started to shit the bed after about 8 years.

River918

Reaction score
Curious what the going price per sq ft is for having someone epoxy a garage floor in so-cal. I am looking at going with the product below, and got an estimate, but I wanted to see how the price compares to having epoxy done.

Thanks...

https://jakconcretecoatings.com/

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I’m going to just be doing a polish to my new garage floors. The last house I had the epoxied garage floors and they started to shit the bed after about 8 years.
How involved is that to do? We have older expoy at the havasu house and I want to just grind it an leave it but my pops isn't totally on board with it yet

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

just_floatin

Reaction score
I am in Phoenix metro. I paid upwards of 3.80 per square foot. 1103’ sq plus 146’ of stem wall.

*BN*

Reaction score
I there by chance a 6400 sq ft discount? Asking for a friend.
Brian

CobraDave

Reaction score
How are they saying it’s going to hold up in Arizona? What’s the warranty? I’m hearing more and more epoxy is not the way to go because of the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
How involved is that to do? We have older expoy at the havasu house and I want to just grind it an leave it but my pops isn't totally on board with it yet

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Essentially on bare concrete you will need to rent a floor sander/hone and work your way up in grit numbers until you have it sanded to a fine grit. Then you can do the diamond polishing. Finally you buff the surface and seal. It’s very labor intensive but if you don’t mind doing a little sweat equity you can save a lot of $$$. I wouldn’t know how to remove the epoxy except to rent a floor grinder? There’s a lot of YouTube videos on polishing concrete floors. Check it out!

chvynhra

Reaction score
Do you have to polish concrete or can you just acid wash it and apply sealer so oil won't absorb into it?

PaPaG

Reaction score
I asked on one of my other posts, we had a grey painted floor in our Vegas house for over 15 years and it held up very well to minor repairs and heavy vehicle and foot traffic, has anyone else just painted their floors with garage paint? I wanted polished concrete like in a shop I used to work at long long ago or even epoxy but way tooooooo expensive for the 3500 sq feet I want done.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I need 1000 sqft of garage floor. This place seems to have it all.

What doesn’t hold up well? What’s a mess to replace, etc….

The good, the bad, and the ugly……let’s see it.😉

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
Are you only looking to do a tile system or are you interested in doing epoxy or polished? We do all three of those. It really depends on what you’re doing with the space. The tiles are cool because you can move or rearrange them for what you want. We use the race deck tiles which are nice but if you get the ones that are slotted they don’t work will if you wrench in your garage because plastic and metal wheels on creepers, stool, or engine mounts don’t roll over it well. Epoxy coatings are really nice, easy to clean, and very durable. Only issue with epoxy is if you are welding in there, the sparks and burn the epoxy. Last option is polished sealed concrete. Looks really good and is easy to clean. Only downside is it doesn’t last very long. Depending on the use it gets you would have to do scrub and seals every 3-5 years. Shoot me a txt if you have any questions 714-616-1411 Josh

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I have the race deck on my home garage. I’d say it’s nice, looks great. Sounds funny to walk on.

I have epoxy at our warehouse for our business. I think the epoxy will be nicer longer. I will probably polish the concrete and ditch the race deck at some point. I prefer that look over epoxy.

CAC6F2D5-3A07-455A-AF2A-035B38B64A50.jpeg

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Are you only looking to do a tile system or are you interested in doing epoxy or polished? We do all three of those. It really depends on what you’re doing with the space. The tiles are cool because you can move or rearrange them for what you want. We use the race deck tiles which are nice but if you get the ones that are slotted they don’t work will if you wrench in your garage because plastic and metal wheels on creepers, stool, or engine mounts don’t roll over it well. Epoxy coatings are really nice, easy to clean, and very durable. Only issue with epoxy is if you are welding in there, the sparks and burn the epoxy. Last option is polished sealed concrete. Looks really good and is easy to clean. Only downside is it doesn’t last very long. Depending on the use it gets you would have to do scrub and seals every 3-5 years. Shoot me a txt if you have any questions 714-616-1411 Josh
Whats the go too material for a welding area? I was also looking at rolled rubber matting.

Reactions: DLC

Your ad here

Reaction score
Tile (thinset), plastic tiles, epoxy, polish... which requires the least amount of maintenance?

JLG614

Reaction score
Whats the go to material for a welding area? I was also looking at rolled rubber matting.
I would do either plain sealed concrete or the rubber matting. The rubber will still get burns over time but it would be easily replaceable

JLG614

Reaction score
Tile (thinset), plastic tiles, epoxy, polish... which requires the least amount of maintenance?
Epoxy. It will last the longest and be the easiest to clean if it is done correctly. Depending on the epoxy you can also put new topcoats on it every 5-7 years and it will look brand new each time

Reactions: DWC

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Race Deck hands down, easy to maintain. Just watch your jack stands, I use plywood to support the stand.😎 View attachment 1183917

This solved my jackstand issue...I still have some small sheets of plywood for the standard regular stuff but these big reds are awesome.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So how does race deck hold up to rain and water dripping off vehicles? Does it self drain?

USMC2010

Reaction score
IMG_20200105_170346.jpg

I epoxied mine myself before we sold the house using the Rust-Oleum from Lowes.

floatn turd

Reaction score
To Hell with you successful people!

With your clean, well lit garages.
That are fee from clutter and boxes of old bullshit all along the walls.
Filled with awesome toys and cool cars that I can't afford.
My garage is lined with stained up old carpets n rugs from the house!

Where's the "Equity"?

JN0IjHzKJpGfK.gif

Mike K

Reaction score
I have the snap in floor.
Looks mega cool !
I went all black with a red stripe all around .
Here’s the reality .
They offer little clips u can use on areas that you’ll be turning your tires on … I used them on about 80% of the tiles .
That said … once u use those clips … u can’t just lift up the tiles to clean underneath .
For best look … u gotta paint the concrete flat black . ( not that big of a deal )
If you are working on anything you have to put a big drop cloth down to catch nuts , screws etc etc .
You will be vacuuming it a lot . Leafs and dirt get in it.
Your tires will bring in a lot of stuff … again “ vacuuming “.
Ok … so why did I do it ?
Cuz it looks mega nice … and I don’t mind the extra attention it needs .