WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gas monkey resurrecting the MIC dually.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Would love to find out where i can get a set of the app dually wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Those wheels where the shit. I had the APP Villian’s on my 98 Chevy that was built out by BaJa Shop

Tank

Reaction score
View attachment 640181 View attachment 640182 View attachment 640183 View attachment 640184 Ha can’t believe I actually found some of the old school truck pics
Old Chevy luv was first truck I built, in high school, sold and guy in Santa Fe springs or something added graphics and some other goodies
Blue n white Toyota was my first wild build and used as daily driver
Suicide and shaved everything.
The candy pink magenta truck was also a daily driver me and buddy built. It was later painted by Kelly and sons. Candy yellow main color with wild graphics all over the sides and back. In 96 ish with sponsors paint alone exceeded 10k, lol still looking for those pics. But truck was copied by another guy after 1st show it was at who then ended up doing one side of truck nearly matching mine and other side
Different color and graphics. It ended up being a pretty iconic mini and still I see around today ( the copied one ) mine sold to an a die hard mini fan back in 2000 ish and never seen again

I'd still rock that red Toyota!

I loved lift beds and diamond racks on mini's. Totally useless but so much fun to play with.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Is this it? I thought it had bags and purple flames with matching HTM SR
6D149641-0A4B-45FB-A0C2-EF406109BB79.jpeg

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Craig Elder was building and having Insane trucks built at the same time. From high to low his shit was badass.

82daytona

Reaction score
Yea, I can't find a photo online of it to save my life. It was on the cover of Truckin' and was going to be HUGE (no pun intended) on the show circuit. It was the first huge lift build that basically built a new sub frame to go crazy big. Pics of it were taken on the PCH by Pt. Mugu. It had the typical 50 stickers in the rear side windows of all the sponsors and the deal was that the guy that built it got smokin' deals from the sponsors with the agreement the truck would be shown on the circuit but someone offered the owner a shit ton of money and the truck disappeared. Ghosted that shit.

On a related note, I did find the cover with the burgundy slammed dually from Valencia View attachment 640209

I’m not 100% Sure but looks like nick Santana’s old dually? (The owner of the DCB Katasrophic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Flashbacks for sure. Gonna be cool to see that come back to life. I had a couple builds done back in the late 90’s. Both Chevy crew cab dually’s. Wish I had the pictures of them. Drop em, cut em, shave em and paint em. Billet and stainless was the shit then, today I would guess any hardware would be color matched and anodized. [emoji106]

A nice LAM wall... should bring a few more flashbacks.
IMG_2114.JPG

sirbob

Reaction score
Iv'e seen those wall plaques made from mag. articles - where do you get those made up? I have some old articles that I and some other where in that I would like to have that done. I aways wondered where to get it done?

Are those all your old trucks?

Flashbacks for sure. Gonna be cool to see that come back to life. I had a couple builds done back in the late 90’s. Both Chevy crew cab dually’s. Wish I had the pictures of them. Drop em, cut em, shave em and paint em. Billet and stainless was the shit then, today I would guess any hardware would be color matched and anodized. [emoji106]

View attachment 640332

82daytona

Reaction score

View attachment 640332

Chixryd [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

ultra26shadow

Reaction score

View attachment 640332

Is that at Mike’s Tint shop? He also had some bad rides back then.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
FD635F73-D287-4CC0-86EE-5D75E67C9C35.jpeg
I'd still rock that red Toyota!

I loved lift beds and diamond racks on mini's. Totally useless but so much fun to play with.

Xtra cab toy started out as factory metallic red (showed for a year) then went to that candy paint (showed for a year ), then last was this. Buddy had the pic in his garage, lol

My oldest son wanted the truck so bad, when he got old enough to drive we got the truck back from Arkansas. He was extatic until he went to school and all the dumb ass haters called it an Easter egg. He got all self conscious about his ride, started treating it like shit and was gonna rattle can it flat black. Lmao! So needless to say I took it away, sold it and let him buy his own truck.

Tank

Reaction score
View attachment 640593

Xtra cab toy started out as factory metallic red (showed for a year) then went to that candy paint (showed for a year ), then last was this. Buddy had the pic in his garage, lol

My oldest son wanted the truck so bad, when he got old enough to drive we got the truck back from Arkansas. He was extatic until he went to school and all the dumb ass haters called it an Easter egg. He got all self conscious about his ride, started treating it like shit and was gonna rattle can it flat black. Lmao! So needless to say I took it away, sold it and let him buy his own truck.

Did you consider letting him wrap it flat black and keep it? or was he over it?

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Did you consider letting him wrap it flat black and keep it? or was he over it?

No he was a dick! Lmao!! football player, nutted out his common sense his freshman year. He was walking over the hood and screwing on top of the cab footprint scratches and ass cheek dents. I said you’re spoiled time to earn And learn. Ended up getting him lifted Chevy couple years later, lasted few months and took that away and gave it to my brother.

Edit: it was about 10 years ago now, minis were few and far between at that point, so they couldn’t appreciate what it was, they are kind of coming back now

Note to younger teens, don’t piss off dad! :D

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I was a butt hair away from buying your truck.

Its around the scene, she pulls a matching big HP schiada now. When i saw her last it was like seeing an old girlfriend looking pretty, it hurt a little but at least i get to see it from time to time

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
I sold it to a good friend and he wrapped it around a telephone pole. It made me sick when I saw it destroyed.

Yea, that sucks!! My dually (the white one posted) went to a guy in Ventura that NEVER took care of it. Used to see it around and it was pretty beat. Nothing that couldn't be brought back but still, sad to see it in that shape. I had a custom built Rigid HD I sold to a family friend in Vegas with the deal that I'd get first dibs on buying it back when he was done, loved that bike. 2 months later he laid it down and split it in half, totaled.

AZBrummett21

It's a Brummett
Reaction score
Yea, that sucks!! My dually (the white one posted) went to a guy in Ventura that NEVER took care of it. Used to see it around and it was pretty beat. Nothing that couldn't be brought back but still, sad to see it in that shape. I had a custom built Rigid HD I sold to a family friend in Vegas with the deal that I'd get first dibs on buying it back when he was done, loved that bike. 2 months later he laid it down and split it in half, totaled.

It always happens to me. I build these trucks that I love sell them to a friend and they fuck them up.