WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gas prices.

Will you change your boating routine

• Same number of trips

Votes: 62 48.8%
  • Fewer trips

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • More hanging with the DCB’s in the channel.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • More trips - FJB

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • RD Sux.

Votes: 43 33.9%

• Total voters

c_land

Reaction score
FTN04ljXEAIhEZ1

DWC

Reaction score
I’d wait that extra 10 mins every time. One wreck or detour you are cooked with a 25 mile cushion.
Spot on. We always wait the extra 10 or longer.
The only issue is the charging rate slows automatically to encourage everyone to keep moving to the next supercharger.

bocco

Reaction score
At over $1k to fill up the Cig any reasonable person would pick and choose the trips, fuck that it took me to long to get that bad boy, going to use the shit out of it.
Besides multiple trips to Havasu its going to LOTO and Key West this year, and just run around out here in the big blue.
Do you tow all the way to Key West or pay a transport?

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
No change of plans for us. We’ll continue to go out as much as we can. I’ll just keep the RPMs down on the boat, and more trips to the channel 🤣

Reactions: DWC

Socalx09

Reaction score
Well it has changed how we look at the river. We are actively planning for the extra costs of it. There is no weekend warrior trips happening. (Friday night to Sunday) We are trying to only go once a month, but it is becoming difficult because we have friends/family in Parker/Havasu. I am transferring $50 a week to a gas savings account. It isn’t much, but that $200 helps each trip. I’m guessing that’s the difference of last years vs this years gas prices. If we really had to, we have a tow vehicle at the havasu house we could use instead of taking the diesel truck back and forth.

We agreed not to do any runs to toppock and springs on the same weekend.
Well… that all went to hell last weekend. We did a topock run and then went all the way to needles. The next day we went to the springs. Got caught up in the moment and said f the budget. Don’t regret it. I may eat my words and say f the budget again on different trip.

The result of that trip is we are not eating out for a few weeks. Not a big deal at all. So It does affect our program to an extent, but we are still going to figure out a way or cut costs at home.

Reactions: DWC