WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gas stain on painted boat...

Briley

Reaction score
Had a great Labor Day weekend in LBC at Marine stadium in new to me Rogers boat, ran as promised and everyone skied. Spent half of Monday cleaning boat and scrubbing carpet, let sit out today to dry and changed exhaust clappers at 3:00, came back out at 4:15 and gas had leaked out of fill caps and pooled on nose. Now I have a yellow stain on the top of each side and a pool on the nose. I washed within an hour multiple times and hit a spot with Mequires #2 compound with little change, super bummed. Any ideas? Figured I would head to paint shop tomorrow. IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg
Last picture shows yellow stain on nose:thumbsdown

wzuber

Reaction score
I have no insight for ya, sorry, but just wanted to say nice Rogers flat deck, clean piece, what year? I have a 70 flat deck waiting to be restored.

Briley

Reaction score
I have no insight for ya, sorry, but just wanted to say nice Rogers flat deck, clean piece, what year? I have a 70 flat deck waiting to be restored.

hallett3

Reaction score
I had a brown gas stain on my white truck. Tried every cleaner and wax and wouldn't come off. Call me crazy but I used liquid bleach and it came off. I let it soak and then washed it off fresh wax and it was gone. Try it might work.