WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

gator stepped the step.

the510

Reaction score
The nonskid was fading. No mater what I did it just didn’t look good. I really like how this remedy turned out. Should be more comfortable too!

E7F3F522-948D-407A-A092-E61FA75B1495.jpeg
9F84BE65-577A-421A-B641-A0847DE9858B.jpeg
66D5D768-5920-4AFB-8FFF-3FE9BF2971CF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

NicPaus

Reaction score
How is it as far as slip factor compared to non skid? I want to add it to my steps as they are on a angle and have had a few slip. Added a swim platform and now they are the step down to it.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
The nonskid was fading. No mater what I did it just didn’t look good. I really like how this remedy turned out. Should be more comfortable too!
Looks really good I like it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Did you have the non skid smoothed before you installed, or did you just go over the top?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hdgasser

Reaction score

Looks good! I've been contemplating doing the entire floor in my deck boat.

Who did it for you?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Every time i see a thread or pic with this stuff i try to figure a place on my boat to use it, :( so far no luck

the510

Reaction score
Did you have the non skid smoothed before you installed, or did you just go over the top?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I initially thought we would have to sand down the none skid, but Aaron at absolute said they didn’t need to. Howard’s none skid is almost flush with the smooth fiberglass. Apparently some brands like lavey craft have more of a raise and would need to be smoothed out a bit.

the510

Reaction score
How is it as far as slip factor compared to non skid? I want to add it to my steps as they are on a angle and have had a few slip. Added a swim platform and now they are the step down to it.
I am not sure yet how it will feel on my boat. My friend has a new MB With this stuff on the step. It didn’t seem slippery at all.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I have a friend looking to do their swim step, a wakeboard boat unfortunately, but is getting sticker shock on an install. Does around a grand sound right to you?

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Every time i see a thread or pic with this stuff i try to figure a place on my boat to use it, :( so far no luck

Same. I thought maybe the billet swim steps but then figured that would just look plain dumb.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Same. I thought maybe the billet swim steps but then figured that would just look plain dumb.

Hahahaa me too, I’ve looked at them in so many angles even thinking maybe just the strips where the rubber is in the steps lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Got any problems ca of that recessed ski pole and how it works? How was it mounted from the inside?

blowncommission

Reaction score
Can you order the mat with a custom name? Would be cool to have the boat names engraved like how the Howard logo is

the510

Reaction score
1000 just for the swim step???
I have a friend looking to do their swim step, a wakeboard boat unfortunately, but is getting sticker shock on an install. Does around a grand sound right to you?

the510

Reaction score
Can you order the mat with a custom name? Would be cool to have the boat names engraved like how the Howard logo is

Yes, This is 100% custom. I had to have Gene at Howard give Gator Step the blessing to use their Logo. Gene was more than happy to help me, and as always was a pleasure to work with. Then I had gator step come to my house in Havasu and trace a template for my swim step (this is an easy DIY task, but since gator step was local I opted to have them come out). We designed the matt graphics and colors and sent it out to production. Once it shipped I had absolute install it. The mat was approximately $300 if I remember correctly. I think I spent a little more because I paid Gator step to create a digital rendering of the "HOWARD CUSTOM BOATS" logo. Now that they have it on file no one else should have to pay for it.... your welcome!

hope this helps

Dave, I have had no problems with the ski pole mainly because I have never used it.... maybe next year ill start. Ill take some photos to show how it looks under the hatch once the snowbirds move out.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
this stuff is not slippery. at least mine isnt I have it throughout the boat. I cannot imagine just having the non skid again. Without a doubt the best upgrade for our family. Its like walking on padded foam.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
1000 sounds like they raised their prices A LOT....i would guess in the neighborhood of 3-500 depending on how custom u went

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
1000 sounds like they raised their prices A LOT....i would guess in the neighborhood of 3-500 depending on how custom u went
It turns out that was the quoted price from a swim platform manufacturer out of Phoenix, not directly from either gator or sea dek. Sounds like a "don't want to" price to me.

bocco

Reaction score
That looks great. I was thinking about it last year. Now you've got me going on this.

NicPaus

Reaction score
It turns out that was the quoted price from a swim platform manufacturer out of Phoenix, not directly from either gator or sea dek. Sounds like a "don't want to" price to me.
Swim platforms? They did not offer it when I mentioned putting it on my existing step when I had them install the extended swim platform. Told them I wanted it done and probably haul it to Cobra.

I was thinking the white area on existing step so transition not slippery.
DSCN8940.JPG

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Swim platforms? They did not offer it when I mentioned putting it on my existing step when I had them install the extended swim platform. Told them I wanted it done and probably haul it to Cobra.

I was thinking the white area on existing step so transition not slippery. View attachment 612313

I believe so, I think it will look great and the extended platform looks nice on your ride. I know Ziggy had installed his own throughout his Nordic Deck and I am willing to try my hand at just a swim step so I advised her to get a quote from gator on just the material cut to the template and I will help with the install. Hoping its as straight forward as I am picturing to install, decently handy with this kind of stuff.