WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

gd.com...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Is apparently GONE.

I'm told the site had now been rebuilt, but twenty years of data/pics/life and love are all GONE.

Fuck me. :(

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
glamis.jpg

:eek:
😭

HitIt

Reaction score
Fucking clowns. I feel the same way about people who lost all of their kids' photos that were stored on their cell phones that went into the lake.

What did ya think was gonna happen?

wallnutz

Reaction score
That's a lot of memories gone. Started on that site back around '06 or '07. Can't believe they didn't have a better back up.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Dam all of the pit Bull bashing threads gone! All of my tire kicker threads gone! All of my for sale posts gone.
Not surprised. That place went to shit around 2011-2013.

I donated to a few glamis dune ferry operationsdid a ton of GD.com postal’s. Contributed to a few go fund me’s and over paid for items to help raffles for people who needed money.

then that skid dick milked the place dry claiming ptsd and hard times this and that.
GD.com donated a shit ton to that guy. Bought him a motor for his sand car. Forgot what his username was.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
So it crashed or it’s gone, no more. I just came across a gd sticker and I have a unworn slappy tshirt. I think I’m member number 600. I remember when that teacher started it.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I joined in 06 or so. When they changed 4-5 years ago traffic went way down and site has sucked since. I prolly won’t be back

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That was the first off-road type site I ever joined.
Met a lot of good folks there.
And also rivermobster [emoji4]

Haven’t been there in years though.
Sorry to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Damn, I haven’t been in there in years. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It used to be very popular, we took 10 years off from the dunes and when I went back on this year after going back to Glamis I was amazed how much it had gone to hell, about 10 -20 posts a day, not sure what happened but its junk now. Talked to some guys in the know and they said the server farm in Texas fucked up and yanked the drives thinking they were under some sort of attack. And then plugged them back in. They weren't the kind that you could do that with, and they were toast.

KK12

Reaction score
Damn, I haven’t been on there in years! One of the first forums I ever joined. Now I just hit up the duramaxdiesels, Rzr, and RDP

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
It used to be very popular, we took 10 years off from the dunes and when I went back on this year after going back to Glamis I was amazed how much it had gone to hell, about 10 -20 posts a day, not sure what happened but its junk now. Talked to some guys in the know and they said the server farm in Texas fucked up and yanked the drives thinking they were under some sort of attack. And then plugged them back in. They weren't the kind that you could do that with, and they were toast.

Faceless data center guy's fault! That is a new one.

@RiverDave, have you tested your backups lately?

charred1

Reaction score
Dam all of the pit Bull bashing threads gone! All of my tire kicker threads gone! All of my for sale posts gone.

I donated to a few glamis dune ferry operationsdid a ton of GD.com postal’s. Contributed to a few go fund me’s and over paid for items to help raffles for people who needed money.

then that skid dick milked the place dry claiming ptsd and hard times this and that.
GD.com donated a shit ton to that guy. Bought him a motor for his sand car. Forgot what his username was.
Big had?

Icky

Reaction score
I'm glad after being a member there for 10 plus years I never posted there, I would be upset if they lost all my quality posts.

manxman

Reaction score
I for one am bummed, I liked Glamis dunes and was a member since 05. Met a lot of nice people (and a few dicks!!) on there and had allot of content and posts.
I do seem to frequent this place more lately, but I still love the Dunes and will always keep checking in as long as they will have me.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Damn, that was the only forum I hadn't been banned from and I was a member for 10+ years.

69hondo

Reaction score
I liked it and will join up again tomorrow hopefully. It needed an update anyway LOL just sucks everything is gone.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I posted there alot 06’ -11’
Good info. Back in the day.
That p&G section was way more fiery lol

stoker

Reaction score
I think I joined around 2000 or 2001. Haven’t been on the site for quite a bit due to inactivity.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Here's their webpage now (claims to be coming back tomorrow)...

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 6.58.53 PM.png

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

You can take a drive, hit it with a sledgehammer, then run over it with a truck, and forensic recovery can retrieve data. I’ve got to think there’s more to it, unless they did a Hillary delete?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
I dont buy it. That would be so easy to backup. Maybe it had a reason to go POOF.

I just cant see how after that many years and iM sure countless incidents they dont even have a rotational backup?[emoji57]

CLdrinker

Reaction score
No.
Some dude that started out saying his banshee was the fastest thing in glamis and he was a door gunner.
he bought a sand rail and blew up the motor so the board bought him a 454 and put it in for him.

he had trouble walking and needed a tank track wheel chair but yet posted pic jumping his sand car

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Someone will have to start GD Chat (the dunes version of River Chat) LOL

Sent Using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There’s something not right about this.. legally you have to maintain backups for some amount of time (I think it’s one month? Maybe longer?)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I dont buy it. That would be so easy to backup. Maybe it had a reason to go POOF.

I just cant see how after that many years and iM sure countless incidents they dont even have a rotational backup?[emoji57]

I’m not mr conspiracy here but it sounds weird AF to me.. that wasn’t some fly by night deal?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Just watch, it will get run into the ground because of who they are putting in charge of running the "new site"...

Sad because I've made many, many lifelong friends because of that site.
Very true, 3/4 of our friends we met through that site

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I used to spend time there back when we had sand toys. Bought a sold a bunch of stuff. Hopefully it comes back the same.

Pirate 4x4 has gone to shit. I guess it got bought up and changed around. Everyone bailed.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Dam that sucks! I know the pain. I had a forum back in 05. Had a falling out with a partner and he crashed everything. Even backups. Years of work gone. It was hard to get members back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
There’s something not right about this.. legally you have to maintain backups for some amount of time (I think it’s one month? Maybe longer?)

No legal reason to have any kinna back up that I'm aware of. It's up to the site admin to do it, and do it properly.

What's properly mean?

Both on site and off site backups. I have my server backed up locally (on a different drive, in the same building) and remotely, on Amazon S3. Even if the building my server is in burns to the ground, I'll still have remote back ups to use. And Amazon stores their stuff on multiple servers, so their stuff is backed up as well.

So all of you guy that I've built websites for, never have to worry about something like this happening to you. We are good.

Ladsm

Reaction score
No.
Some dude that started out saying his banshee was the fastest thing in glamis and he was a door gunner.
he bought a sand rail and blew up the motor so the board bought him a 454 and put it in for him.

he had trouble walking and needed a tank track wheel chair but yet posted pic jumping his sand car
He claimed PTSD but ran open boat headers on his big block rail and shot off fireworks at Glamis like disneyland. He also posted tons of pics of himself swapping motors in his rail and cars, riding around on ATC 70's and ate it and all the sudden those new injuries were from his service days. He ended up getting a free house and mini-van donated to him.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Its supposed to be back up today at noon and then you have to start over with a whole new membership sign up. I might sign up with a new name, not sure. A lot of scammers and stalkers joined that site the last few years. Luckily they have already been banned from here.

Ladsm

Reaction score

The pics of the black nasty duramax oil all over the garage floor are gone forever.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
He claimed PTSD but ran open boat headers on his big block rail and shot off fireworks at Glamis like disneyland. He also posted tons of pics of himself swapping motors in his rail and cars, riding around on ATC 70's and ate it and all the sudden those new injuries were from his service days. He ended up getting a free house and mini-van donated to him.
That’s the guy!! Didn’t he get a bad ass ATC built for him as well?