WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

gd.com...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Friend of my son works for Redline, the twin turbo LSX engines are around $95,000

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
These guys are going big block now too. I heard Jeff is looking to switch to proline motor. Same motor fireball camero uses. On alcohol

Done-it-again

Reaction score
He has multiple Tatums and is building another one. Redline builds his twin turbo LSX motors similar to what the Street racers run in the midwest.

That's what I thought.... The last time I was into Glamis he had the green money car and the dark red/gray tatum and Craig had one similar.

Didn't think Reline was still building. Thought they had some issues back when with oiling in some of their motors.... Could be wrong it was long ago..

Everyone was using CBM and moving away from Turnkey and Redline. Someone was working with Nelson's but was having issues with that motor as well.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I joined 2002. Time of the 45 square mile closure.
Use to go to the Ramp meetings and the cleanups.

The Slappy guy bought it, spread it way to far out, sub forums, sub sub forums.
The Slappy guy only conversed with a small clique of his friends and people not in that “inner circle” started to lose interest in the forum.

It’s where Banschee Bob appeared and spun off to his now defunct DUMONT Sand Dunes group.

Last edited:

glamis0812

Reaction score
That's what I thought.... The last time I was into Glamis he had the green money car and the dark red/gray tatum and Craig had one similar.

Didn't think Reline was still building. Thought they had some issues back when with oiling in some of their motors.... Could be wrong it was long ago..

Everyone was using CBM and moving away from Turnkey and Redline. Someone was working with Nelson's but was having issues with that motor as well.

But he did have a racer for a little while

Ladsm

Reaction score

Tables turned, CBM motors were not making it through a weekend of drags and now Redline is the goto for fast sand rail motors, They are out there on the big weekends with their laptops tuning for the RR Estate dwellers.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Tables turned, CBM motors were not making it through a weekend of drags and now Redline is the goto for fast sand rail motors, They are out there on the big weekends with their laptops tuning for the RR Estate dwellers.

Crazy on the 180.... I just remember CBM was it and couldn't get motors done fast enough... Thanks for the info!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Crazy on the 180.... I just remember CBM was it and couldn't get motors done fast enough... Thanks for the info!
They took a dive in 11’ I think it was. They mostly do blower motors and not turbos now. But redline is the popular choice out there still. Danzio still does some but very pricey.
Nelson never got off the ground

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They took a dive in 11’ I think it was. They mostly do blower motors and not turbos now. But redline is the popular choice out there still. Danzio still does some but very pricey.
Nelson never got off the ground
CBM is a client of mine, they have the far east market cornered, cant keep up now for years sending engines to Dubai and UAE. Those guys buy 3-4 at a time so they have spares.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The Slappy guy only conversed with a small clique of his friends and people not in that “inner circle” started to lose interest in the forum.

It’s where Banschee Bob appeared and spun off to his now defunct DUMONT Sand Dunes group.

I don’t know about the rest of it but I found it impossible to navigate that site.. and I’m a forum owner.. lol

the sub forums on sub forums is correct.

77charger

Reaction score
0F35ED93-58AD-4CD0-B283-AF780B8F46EF.jpeg
Here’s a pic I took of his racer. But got ride in this one

corrected it’s a racer not a tatum.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Dam all of the pit Bull bashing threads gone! All of my tire kicker threads gone! All of my for sale posts gone.
Not surprised. That place went to shit around 2011-2013.

I donated to a few glamis dune ferry operations did a ton of GD.com postal’s. Contributed to a few go fund me’s and over paid for items to help raffles for people who needed money.

then that skid dick milked the place dry claiming ptsd and hard times this and that.
GD.com donated a shit ton to that guy. Bought him a motor for his sand car. Forgot what his username was.

They were paying their hosting provider with Zelle, the payments disappeared, and the provider shut them down for non-payment.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

That is a major league crock of shit right there...

Ever been to a Veterans Day event? Rob has literally thousands of people show up for that, and everyone on that board knows exactly where he camps, and is always welcome there after any of the events he puts on.

From the golf tournaments to the EPO races, Rob is out there and greets everyone with a huge smile and handshake and more often than not, a big ol hug.

The so called "inner circle" was out in wash 13 I believe? It was actually a huge joke. There were so many people camped/circled back in the day, they eventually formed another circle of trailers around the "inner circle" of trailers, and that's how that joke got started. Rob never even camped in that wash as far back as I can remember, he was always in wash 22. Close to China Wall and the big dunes where it's the most fun to ride.

Patrick ran the forums, not Rob. Rob loves computers about as much as RD does. 🙄

So stop spreading rumors would ya? There is absolutely no reason for that.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
That is a major league crock of shit right there...

Ever been to a Veterans Day event? Rob has literally thousands of people show up for that, and everyone on that board knows exactly where he camps, and is always welcome there after any of the events he puts on.

From the golf tournaments to the EPO races, Rob is out there and greets everyone with a huge smile and handshake and more often than not, a big ol hug.

The so called "inner circle" was out in wash 13 I believe? It was actually a huge joke. There were so many people camped/circled back in the day, they eventually formed another circle of trailers around the "inner circle" of trailers, and that's how that joke got started. Rob never even camped in that wash as far back as I can remember, he was always in wash 22. Close to China Wall and the big dunes where it's the most fun to ride.

Patrick ran the forums, not Rob. Rob loves computers about as much as RD does. 🙄

So stop spreading rumors would ya? There is absolutely no reason for that.

Nope I disagree. You are 100% wrong and you shit and fall back in it.

I was one of the active forum members on GD.com and “Slappy” aka the owner only conversed and inter-acted in the forum with his circle of friends.

Read that: In the forum what THIS thread is about. Right?

What he did on the dunes may appear different but we’re talking online on GD.com and it was all about him and a select few. It became his vanity forum. He only responded to his clique.

No doubt the main reason the forum activity backed into hell and members vanished in numbers after the Slappy guy bought it. I’ve never been back nor anyone I know in a large circle of Duners.

Only then did “Slappy” wake up and try to recover the lost activity on his in-defeat forum in with the as you put it “back slapping.”

If he didn’t hate SXS’s as their popularity soared he sure fooled my Glamis group. The forum layout reflected that for years and years. That ran a HUGE % of activity off.
Or was it all lost in the sub and sub sub forums?

Spreading it out was the final mistake and finished it off. It was THE duner social site up until then.

Defenders can talk it up but GD shriveled into
Obscurity when it’s popularity should have been at its pinnacle.

Get a hold of yourself - It was a hell of a good forum at one time. Hope it comes back and you invite me back.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Aaron is out every big weekend, with only one goal, be fastest at the drags. Hes pushing 2500 hp now, launch control, variable boost control, fuel tank and lead in the front of the car, etc., etc.. He has a bigger Renegade hauler and bigger stacker now, gotta be 85-90 feet easy. Pad 3 on major weekends.
Have you seen his new trick? He has pins he puts in the front suspension to limit suspension droop. Helps the nose stay down. Kinda like super cross guys at the gate only his stays limited until he removes the pins

CLdrinker

Reaction score
He bought a big boat this last summer with a blown big block from Havasu and will probably show up in Havasu again this summer.
Cobra deck with Teague power. His trailer is at Adrenaline now.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nope I disagree. You are 100% wrong and you shit and fall back in it.

I was one of the active forum members on GD.com and “Slappy” aka the owner only conversed and inter-acted in the forum with his circle of friends.

Read that: In the forum what THIS thread is about. Right?

What he did on the dunes may appear different but we’re talking online on GD.com and it was all about him and a select few. It became his vanity forum. He only responded to his clique.

No doubt the main reason the forum activity backed into hell and members vanished in numbers after the Slappy guy bought it. I’ve never been back nor anyone I know in a large circle of Duners.

Only then did “Slappy” wake up and try to recover the lost activity on his in-defeat forum in with the as you put it “back slapping.”

If he didn’t hate SXS’s as their popularity soared he sure fooled my Glamis group. The forum layout reflected that for years and years. That ran a HUGE % of activity off.
Or was it all lost in the sub and sub sub forums?

Spreading it out was the final mistake and finished it off. It was THE duner social site up until then.

Defenders can talk it up but GD shriveled into
Obscurity when it’s popularity should have been at its pinnacle.

Get a hold of yourself - It was a hell of a good forum at one time. Hope it comes back and you invite me back.

Sad. If you knew half as much as you think you do, you would know that he owns a CanAm now! 🤣

Consider yourself invited. Make sure you use the same nick. 😉

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
Sad. If you knew half as much as you think you do, you would know that he owns a CanAm now! 🤣

Consider yourself invited. Make sure you use the same nick. 😉

He owned a can am. He had for one season, didn't like it, sold it to one of his buddies and went back to his quad. Honestly, I think it was too much car for him... 🤣

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
He owned a can am. He had for one season, didn't like it, sold it to one of his buddies and went back to his quad. Honestly, I think it was too much car for him... 🤣

That's great news! Now I won't be the only one still on a quad!! 😁

He was definitely not impressed with the thing. We went for a couple rides in it, and was just too slow in the sand. I wasn't impressed with it either (in the sand).

We're you there when he lent it to Rick, and Rick brought it back after he rolled it?? 🤣

Musta dumped it right after he fixed it.

Good times!!!

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
That's great news! Now I won't be the only one still on a quad!! 😁

He was definitely not impressed with the thing. We went for a couple rides in it, and was just too slow in the sand. I wasn't impressed with it either (in the sand).

We're you there when he lent it to Rick, and Rick brought it back after he rolled it?? 🤣

Musta dumped it right after he fixed it.

Good times!!!

Too slow in the sand!? Did you guys have the "Wife key" in it? 🤣

Yes we were there that trip. And that's why you don't loan your car to drunk people who have no idea what they're doing in a side by side in the dunes!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Yes we were there that trip. And that's why you don't loan your car to drunk people who have no idea what they're doing in a side by side in the dunes!
Any side by side is pretty slow in the sand frankly, especially if you have driven a real sandcar, ie one made out of metal.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Rick? Drunk? Yeah no. He was sober as a judge at the time.

Did he lend it somebody else that crashed it too?? 🤣

glamis0812

Reaction score
Any side by side is pretty slow in the sand frankly, especially if you have driven a real sandcar, ie one made out of metal.

Exactly, any group that runs hard with sandcars and SxS’s sooner then later the SxS’s start falling apart. Been there done that the wife and I got back into glamis both with turbo rzr’s and I realized quick that I needed to be back into a sandrail. We both have Funco’s now and our older girls drive the rzr’s on family rides.

T frog

Reaction score
I started up on GD in 2005, met a few people, bought and sold some stuff. It was cool but did seem to taper off. Always had a crew of people we camped and rode with outside of all that drama.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Exactly, any group that runs hard with sandcars and SxS’s sooner then later the SxS’s start falling apart. Been there done that the wife and I got back into glamis both with turbo rzr’s and I realized quick that I needed to be back into a sandrail. We both have Funco’s now and our older girls drive the rzr’s on family rides.
Same here, took 10 years off, went back this season once with a RZR, wife said nope, go buy a sandrail, and make it a Funco. I have driven a tuned up Can Am 2 seater, that was fun, night and day better than a rzr, but neither can compare to 500 hp.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Same here, took 10 years off, went back this season once with a RZR, wife said nope, go buy a sandrail, and make it a Funco. I have driven a tuned up Can Am 2 seater, that was fun, night and day better than a rzr, but neither can compare to 500 hp.

I don’t understand why anyone would want something belt driven in the sand.. for the dirt they are fine, but they don’t put the power down efficiently enough for sand.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I don’t understand why anyone would want something belt driven in the sand.. for the dirt they are fine, but they don’t put the power down efficiently enough for sand.
Yup, and the dunes are littered with belts, chunks of the things everywhere.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I took a whole lotta years off from the dunes and wash22 to hang with my kids growing up. Boy Scouts consumed my life, I didn't have time for anything else!! Now that the kids are both in college, I fixed my toyhauler with duct tape and zip ties and have been getting some pretty good use outa it lately. But with the price of fuel, it's damm expensive to run out there and back! I miss being in the dunes though. Hopefully next winter, I'll get more than just a trip or two in.

Or maybe a full moon night run this summer...

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I took 7 years off and went back last year with my rzr. It sucks!!! I had a ls2 bypass car. Nothing like it

77charger

Reaction score
It’s pretty much slipping on steeper hills. Other thing imo many over paddle their sxs too. Like Walt said dunes are littered with torn belts. Probably more broken belts than corona bottles 😱

jones performance

Reaction score
These guys are going big block now too. I heard Jeff is looking to switch to proline motor. Same motor fireball camero uses. On alcohol

if they can figure out a drvietrain for it.. albins wont hold it. i talked to aaron on sat about it.

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
yup, they are already destroying the ring and pinions in a trip or 2 with the power they are at now.

Why don’t more guys go to fluid coupling automatics like those offered by Transaxle Engineering?

Shameless plug because I know Jeff Field’s son and I think they have a great product, but they’ve proven to be durable enough for racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jones performance

Reaction score
Why don’t more guys go to fluid coupling automatics like those offered by Transaxle Engineering?

Shameless plug because I know Jeff Field’s son and I think they have a great product, but they’ve proven to be durable enough for racing.

johnny runs the show now. he built me the diff section for my car, i think the biggest issue is the cost compared to a mendi s4. even a s4d is less expensive than the fields auto. my brothers desert dynamics has a fields auto in it, works awesome but gotta run a big cooler and fans to keep it happy.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
johnny runs the show now. he built me the diff section for my car, i think the biggest issue is the cost compared to a mendi s4. even a s4d is less expensive than the fields auto. my brothers desert dynamics has a fields auto in it, works awesome but gotta run a big cooler and fans to keep it happy.

Some of those cars are so baller, I can’t imagine they’d skimp on the tranny though?

You rebuild an Albins or whatnot a few times, and you’re right there at a TE box that’ll be a lot more reliable.

Fluid coupling is where it’s at IMHO…

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Drags are not my scene at Glamis but very cool that these guys are pushing the envelope. I hate to be the one to bring it up, but eventually something bad is gonna happen. Before long they will be getting close to 200 mph. No crowd control, no barriers, on the same track with 35 mph quads and side by sides, sooner or later the unthinkable will happen, out of control tumbling into the crowd. They need a sand drag strip, timing lights, like they do in the UAE. I know that won’t happen in Glamis though because nobody wants to assume the liability. Same reason BLM won’t put barriers up, soon as they do it becomes an organized event and someone is on the hook for what happens.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Drags are not my scene at Glamis but very cool that these guys are pushing the envelope. I hate to be the one to bring it up, but eventually something bad is gonna happen. Before long they will be getting close to 200 mph. No crowd control, no barriers, on the same track with 35 mph quads and side by sides, sooner or later the unthinkable will happen, out of control tumbling into the crowd. They need a sand drag strip, timing lights, like they do in the UAE. I know that won’t happen in Glamis though because nobody wants to assume the liability. Same reason BLM won’t put barriers up, soon as they do it becomes an organized event and someone is on the hook for what happens.
You are right and we have all being saying the same thing for 10yrs.
Sooner or later it’s gonna happen and all the BigHad’s will start suing

yz450mm

Reaction score
You are right and we have all being saying the same thing for 10yrs.
Sooner or later it’s gonna happen and all the BigHad’s will start suing
The August 2010 MDR California 200 crash changed off road racing forever...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

That sucked SO fucking bad! Idiots standing too close to a race and the suing cause they were stupid.

I saw BigHad on Dr Phil I think? I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle him.

The pool store I used to frequent had a son that rode his dirt bike Around a sign that said "trail closed" and rode right off a cliff. His parents "the store owners" sued the BLM and got a huge settlement.

Some people are seriously too stupid to live...

CLdrinker

Reaction score

Im well aware of the incident. I was supposed to be there with this nurse I was trying to hookup with.
I decided not to go last minute. She had a traumatic night of trying to keep
People alive.

Big Had is a piece of shit. He said the driver was driving to fast for the terrain.

You stand close to race cars and bad shit can happen. He took zero self responsibility

77charger

Reaction score
Im well aware of the incident. I was supposed to be there with this nurse I was trying to hookup with.
People alive.

Big Had is a piece of shit. He said the driver was driving to fast for the terrain.

You stand close to race cars and bad shit can happen. He took zero self responsibility
Agree on that you know the risk you take the chance spectating any motorsports and everyone wants to get closer to the action leaving racers a smaller path.I use to go to drags to take photos stopped doing that years ago kids got bored actually now go elsewhere at that time.It has already happened where someone has gone into the crowds at glamis drags.The holes and whoops are getting deeper the people are getting more stupid by the season.

I will not run my dirtbike down them or let my son take his quad.You have many running 55-65 at best in avg sxs then the faster guys running 95 and up who are practicaly splitting the slower cars.Then of course you have someone running 10ft off the crowds too.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Those guys don’t put up the 150 numbers at the drags. Way too risky. Not to say they are doing 100-110. Risk is real

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
People alive.

There were actually people on gd.com that were defending his ass. 😡

77charger

Reaction score
Those guys don’t put up the 150 numbers at the drags. Way too risky. Not to say they are doing 100-110. Risk is real
When i went in aarons racer he hit 123,125,123 on three runs at the drags i know they are pretty cautious about when they go down too if its too crowded or narrow they might skip a run or just make it short.But alot of others running 90-100 as well.