WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GE Fanuc LM90 software needed.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I've got a machine down since Tuesdays start-up and the OEM technicians are not available to assist until next week sometime. I just need to clear the faults on the PLC but don't have the software. Any inmates have any pointers on getting LM90 or the newer Proficy Machine Edition Logic Developer PLC Standard Edition software for download?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I've got a machine down since Tuesdays start-up and the OEM technicians are not available to assist until next week sometime. I just need to clear the faults on the PLC but don't have the software. Any inmates have any pointers on getting LM90 or the newer Proficy Machine Edition Logic Developer PLC Standard Edition software for download?
Typically PLC software is big money and you need a good friend to get you a copy, and the PLC might be password protected. Is the PLC tied to a network for remote access?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Do you have another automation engineer handy or that you've used before? Many maintain software licenses to be able to work on the more popular systems.

I've got a guy that can work on Rockwell Automation,.saves me tens of thousands on yearly license fees.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Typically PLC software is big money and you need a good friend to get you a copy, and the PLC might be password protected. Is the PLC tied to a network for remote access?
No it is not. This system is 20 years old and the you would need a key to access the software as it is proprietary. I can reset the faults if I had the software though.

Do you have another automation engineer handy or that you've used before? Many maintain software licenses to be able to work on the more popular systems.

I've got a guy that can work on Rockwell Automation,.saves me tens of thousands on yearly license fees.
I've got a call into Control Concepts Solutions which I've used in the past on other platforms. Hoping they have the software and can reset the faults to see where it take us from there.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Quick update.
The young man from Control Concepts out of Buena Park did his job and did it well. Machine was rebooted and the HMI (Human Machin Interface) fired right up with no alarms. We dry cycled it and released it to production.
I've been using these guys a few times for the last 30+ years and they never disappoint...very knowledgeable on drive, PLC's servo motors/control's...you name it. This kid was young and will go far...I known the owner and head techs (3) over the years and they know their shit.

Last edited:

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Quick update.
The young man from Control Concepts out of Buena Park did his job and did it well. Machine was rebooted and the HMI (Human Machin Interface) fired right up with no alarms. We dry cycled it and released it to production.
I've been using these guys a few times for theast 30+ years and they never disappoint...very knowledgeable on drive, PLC's servo motors/control's...you name it. This kid was young and will go far...I known the owner and head techs (3) over the years and they know their shit.

Great to hear. Always a big relief getting them back up and running.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I'm one of those warhorses that will be supporting 20yr old "mission critical" software for the rest of my life.