WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gel Coat design round 2, ran out of crayons

HavaToon

Reaction score
I've had fun with this so here is a couple
THE WINNER!!!.1.jpg
more, because I think you should embrace the purple and make it your own. I used your orange for all the pins.
THE WINNER!!!.jpg

Last edited:

HavaToon

Reaction score
Well one of lifes necessities, I am off to the urologist for a quick check under the hood!
I will leave what I hope to be 90%, of my "idea" of what looks good
View attachment 976751

I like everything except for the black. It may just be me but it doesn’t seem to fit, its a little harsh against the other colors. Maybe try dark gray with orange or purple pin, orange with the purple pin or purple with orange pin
Dark Gray w_orange pin.jpg
Dark Gray w_purple pin.jpg
Orange w_purple pin.jpg
Purple w_orange pin.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Im not opposed to the black, even though I know its a bitch to keep clean and its hot as hell! Ive always liked how they can make it look like the boat has a windshield. My $.02
View attachment 976771
I really like the black. How about this with the rubrail purple line orange, and maybe the black top back to gray because of the heat. I would still look into the grays being High pearl content so they look like silver.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I personally dig this one with the white and orange pins!

I thought the white pins still makes the purple pop just a bit, but the white is not overpowering, I dont see it as another color per say??

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I like everything except for the black. It may just be me but it doesn’t seem to fit, its a little harsh against the other colors. Maybe try dark gray with orange or purple pin, orange with the purple pin or purple with orange pin View attachment 976767 View attachment 976768 View attachment 976769 View attachment 976770

I did the black mostly because it seems to be a constant on some of the other 255s I have seen Mike do.
I liked the orange pin just cause it adds a bit more of the orange.

I don't care for the orange pin on the darker grey near as much as the purple pin on it.
Of those 4, I like the last one the best, bot the orange in place of the black looks good too. I might try one with shrinking that area a bit in size.
I didnt do all purple I thought it would look like too much. But it doesn't.

Definitely in the last 10% i think

Thanks

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Im not opposed to the black, even though I know its a bitch to keep clean and its hot as hell! Ive always liked how they can make it look like the boat has a windshield. My $.02
View attachment 976771

I agreed just the black in the one spot I had does look "out of place" your add at the "windshield" makes a huge difference in making black part of the scheme. I do have to get past how hot it will get. That third orange pin line at the windshield against the black looks really good

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I really like the black. How about this with the rubrail purple line orange, and maybe the black top back to gray because of the heat. I would still look into the grays being High pearl content so they look like silver.

There is an actual color in my head for the greys just cant duplicate it in "paint" or at least I can't!

v6toy4x

Reaction score

Working on it now! we will see, thx

FreeBird236

Reaction score
V6, IMHO, It's your boat, make it your colors. It's for you to enjoy. Who cares what others think.
Couldn't agree more, just having a little fun with the lucky guy that's doing what most of us can't, 😞😁 and of course it's whatever V6 wants.

6 balls

Reaction score
If you go with the black windshield leave to top edges that you make contact with the gray.

This ones white but shows the idea...

lavey24nuera.jpg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
If you go with the black windshield leave to top edges that you make contact with the gray.

This ones white but shows the idea...

View attachment 976884

My wife digs the black windshield and I mentioned just that, the 255 does have a wide top area so I will have it done in a light color, maybe even the light grey. for resting your arm

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, just having a little fun with the lucky guy that's doing what most of us can't, 😞😁 and of course it's whatever V6 wants.

Its all good and appreciated, It will be what makes me happy! Hopefully until I go horizontal!

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Can we get numbers on the options?

I like the bow of #4, the wimdshield of #11, the bottom of #6, and the stern of #17.

All jokes aside I like the progress.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Can we get numbers on the options?

I like the bow of #4, the wimdshield of #11, the bottom of #6, and the stern of #17.

All jokes aside I like the progress.

You should see the file I have on schemes and revisions!

There are 4 choices pinned to the refrigerator door, once the fam signs there favorite, of course subject to my veto power! I will post the two winners for comment!

I am glad I only have to do this once in my life, buying a used boat was never this difficult.

HavaToon

Reaction score
v6toy4x Thank you for sharing the design process with RDP. It has been fun sharing design ideas, that was the part I loved the most when we built our Nordic so i know how much fun you are having. I couldn't agree more with Skater, its your boat and your family should choose what they like. I think its awesome the family all gets a vote, that is what will truly make it yours. Congrats on the boat, enjoy the hell out of it!

I got to say I was against the black until FreeBird suggested adding to the windshield, that pulled it all together for the win. I think your idea of the white pins is killer, making the purple pop without over powering it. I combined the two ideas on this last picture having the orange pin separate the black windshield from the purple and then your white pin to separate the purple from the gray.

Can't wait to see what the family votes for and i hope you do a build thread so we can all see it come together.

Black.png

rlemn8r

Let's go to the river..
Reaction score
v6toy4x Thank you for sharing the design process with RDP. It has been fun sharing design ideas, that was the part I loved the most when we built our Nordic so i know how much fun you are having. I couldn't agree more with Skater, its your boat and your family should choose what they like. I think its awesome the family all gets a vote, that is what will truly make it yours. Congrats on the boat, enjoy the hell out of it!

I got to say I was against the black until FreeBird suggested adding to the windshield, that pulled it all together for the win. I think your idea of the white pins is killer, making the purple pop without over powering it. I combined the two ideas on this last picture having the orange pin separate the black windshield from the purple and then your white pin to separate the purple from the gray.

Can't wait to see what the family votes for and i hope you do a build thread so we can all see it come together.

View attachment 976968
This is a really nice look here..

hallett3

Reaction score

View attachment 976968
I like 👍

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
This is a fun thread..... But it is hard to vote when the diagrams are not numbered. So far, most of the designs are awesome. I seriously doubt the boat will look bad..... no matter what design.

I too like the look of the black windshield, but you could also cook an egg on it during the summer. I personally would pass on this just because of how hot it will get.

I recently saw a boat that I liked. Not sure how it would look on a performance boat. The entire hull looked like it was blue steel. Almost anodized. Then it has several small items painted in candy apple red. It looked really classy and minimalist. I wish I took a pic.

v6toy4x

Reaction score

View attachment 976968

THANKS RDP-if you saw what I started with on my "first try" thread. Who knows what I would have ended up with!

I am going to fine tune this afternoon, after the honey doos, I like the white at the upper purple, its needed to blend with the rest of the purple/dk grey transitions
I had a couple other small tweak suggestions that sounded worth trying.

I do want to do a build thread, its just a matter of getting the pictures taken on a regular basis.

THX

v6toy4x

Reaction score
This is a fun thread..... But it is hard to vote when the diagrams are not numbered. So far, most of the designs are awesome. I seriously doubt the boat will look bad..... no matter what design.

I too like the look of the black windshield, but you could also cook an egg on it during the summer. I personally would pass on this just because of how hot it will get.

I recently saw a boat that I liked. Not sure how it would look on a performance boat. The entire hull looked like it was blue steel. Almost anodized. Then it has several small items painted in candy apple red. It looked really classy and minimalist. I wish I took a pic.

I do have revision numbers on my computer, I was going to post the two winning choices after the fam votes.
I was concerned about the black as well. @MeCasa16 is doing one right now with the black windshield.
I have a boating partner who has an old school avenger with a dk brown heavy flake band at the windshield. He said you learn where NOT to rest your arm in a hurry! Kinda like a dog learning where not to stick its nose--gona get burned a few times 'til I figure it out. But I think I am sold on it, we will see what the rest of the fam says. Deadline is tonight for them!

riverroyal

Reaction score
Take the original design and compare to the last. Came a long ways at a great price!!!!
Last pic is the best

Reactions: DWC

buck35

Reaction score

I have a black boat and just toss a towel on areas that may crisp you. It cools fairly quick. Mind you there are not 120* temps here soo.

AFTERSHOCK RACING+

Reaction score
I definitely I like the one the with the orange Pin looks nice

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
.02. What is your interior color? Coordinated with gel? I got a couple people to pick vinyl colors first Then match gel or paint. Used to get people ask me how I found the exact color to trim the boat that matched the paint lol.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Now it’s a girls boat with all that pink. Unless that’s supposed to be purple. Less is more buddy. I like your latest design with the purple actually

It’s supposed to be purple according to Paint 3D. I matched the custom purple in my later drawings that the OP used.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Take the original design and compare to the last. Came a long ways at a great price!!!!
Last pic is the best

To be honest i am almost embarrassed to show the first one or two or three or so on and so on! BUT wtf!
REV 1 colored pencils and all
REV 1.jpg

REV 4
REV 4.jpg

REV 6 finally figured out how to draw in paint, pretty sure Ray Charles could see this one coming!
REV 6.jpg

REV 9A, I began to see the light!
REV 9A.jpg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
The two final choices after family voting

OPTION 1 (REV 9Kb1)
1-REV9Kb1.jpg

OPTION 2 (REV 9Kc1)
1-REV9Kc1.jpg

Well? Option 1 or 2?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
.02. What is your interior color? Coordinated with gel? I got a couple people to pick vinyl colors first Then match gel or paint. Used to get people ask me how I found the exact color to trim the boat that matched the paint lol.

I missed this one, OR was afraid to venture down the interior rabbit hole, I did see one interior that had some of the purple accent but I may leave the interior well enough alone.
Unless I get bored!
IMG_1519.jpg

I am woried about the purple on the actual seat, I can work around the black windshield without much concern, but a hot seat is whole different thing.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Another vote for #2, the extra orange in the front evens out the color pallet

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk