WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gel Coat design round 2, ran out of crayons

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Another vote for #2, the extra orange in the front evens out the color pallet

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Vote counted!
I 100% agree on the small black orange at the front, and it didn't take much, surprising actually. Every body keeps telling me less is more.
I think they just might be right!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I missed this one, OR was afraid to venture down the interior rabbit hole, I did see one interior that had some of the purple accent but I may leave the interior well enough alone.
Unless I get bored!
View attachment 977379

I am woried about the purple on the actual seat, I can work around the black windshield without much concern, but a hot seat is whole different thing.

That is my boat that you have the seat pic of. I too was concerned about the purple, but it just didn’t bring the whole boat together without it. I was happily surprised the seats weren’t too hot! The floor gets hotter than the seats.

Food for thought, if you pull up pic of my boat in the classifieds, you’ll see I did a solid color “walkway” on the hatch, so that when people came in/out they weren’t walking on white, so it didn’t show dirt as bed, and if it gets ripped down the road you could always just replace that panel. It worked very well this past year!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
That is my boat that you have the seat pic of. I too was concerned about the purple, but it just didn’t bring the whole boat together without it. I was happily surprised the seats weren’t too hot! The floor gets hotter than the seats.

Thanks for the pic!

I agree, I am not sure how to tie the scheme in without the purple on the seat somehow, your purple with dark grey is where I am headed, just chnage your green highlight to and orange one so I won't be totally stealing your design!!

Got a pic of the rest of the boat? I ca't remember how I got the one I attached?

v6toy4x

Reaction score

Food for thought, if you pull up pic of my boat in the classifieds, you’ll see I did a solid color “walkway” on the hatch, so that when people came in/out they weren’t walking on white, so it didn’t show dirt as bed, and if it gets ripped down the road you could always just replace that panel. It worked very well this past year!

I reread your post, I never considered the sea deck would get hot for some reason?
Should i stay with a light grey on the floor?

I also missed where you mentioned your boat in the classifieds, headed there now
Thx

MeCasa16

Reaction score
These final revisions have come so far.. I was worried in the beginning, but love where you have ended up. It’s going to be absolutely beautiful.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I reread your post, I never considered the sea deck would get hot for some reason?
Should i stay with a light grey on the floor?

I also missed where you mentioned your boat in the classifieds, headed there now
Thx
Here’s what I’d suggest, i believe that you show them the tones of the colors you like, and your rendering it’ll come out pretty gorgeous.

Then for interior, remember Howard isn’t like some of the others that are busting boats out to bust boats out. They solely build X amount of boats a year, and also seem to keep a tight list of people looking for boats. So they will try to do the interior as clean classy and well Howard as they do but with utilizing the colors that roll with the boat.
I’d show them a few interior photos that spark your interest, but don’t let them keep them, that way they don’t try to duplicate other shops work, but have in there head a starting point for the seat colors etc.
If you chose Seadek/GatorStep again let them just roll with that for you.

I 💯 believe that will leave you with the beautiful boat that you and your family are dreaming of.

Attachments

• A4432B2F-AEA8-406E-8466-DF4F4856A058.jpeg
    A4432B2F-AEA8-406E-8466-DF4F4856A058.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 0224F037-30F2-4214-BB31-5990961E34FE.jpeg
    0224F037-30F2-4214-BB31-5990961E34FE.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 5AF3FF2E-EA42-4B2A-91D6-3A0333119D16.jpeg
    5AF3FF2E-EA42-4B2A-91D6-3A0333119D16.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 100
  • BCB6FB15-82E3-49E1-8AAA-C7DC22AEB545.jpeg
    BCB6FB15-82E3-49E1-8AAA-C7DC22AEB545.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 95

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Here’s what I’d suggest, i believe that you show them the tones of the colors you like, and your rendering it’ll come out pretty gorgeous.

Then for interior, remember Howard isn’t like some of the others that are busting boats out to bust boats out. They solely build X amount of boats a year, and also seem to keep a tight list of people looking for boats. So they will try to do the interior as clean classy and well Howard as they do but with utilizing the colors that roll with the boat.
I’d show them a few interior photos that spark your interest, but don’t let them keep them, that way they don’t try to duplicate other shops work, but have in there head a starting point for the seat colors etc.
If you chose Seadek/GatorStep again let them just roll with that for you.

I 💯 believe that will leave you with the beautiful boat that you and your family are dreaming of.

Will do !
I dont have it in me to do an interior "design" thread that is for sure.

Thx

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I was worried in the beginning, but love where you have ended up. It’s going to be absolutely beautiful.

Me TOO! The single most difficult decision that means the most and is irreversible.

I haven't seen any recent pics, do they have the motor or interior in yet?
Gene spoke about you and your wife last time I talked to him, either you are nice people or he is full of it!!

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Me TOO! The single most difficult decision that means the most and is irreversible.

I haven't seen any recent pics, do they have the motor or interior in yet?
Gene spoke about you and your wife last time I talked to him, either you are nice people or he is full of it!!
He must be full of it! 🤣
Motor is in and rigging should be done soon. Hopefully finishing up by the end of the month.

parker guy

Reaction score
Just something to think about, do you see the graphics when the boat is sitting in the water...

v6toy4x

Reaction score
He must be full of it! 🤣
Motor is in and rigging should be done soon. Hopefully finishing up by the end of the month.

AWSOME, Glen mentioned the 565 is good for solid mid 80s WITH passengers, strap her down and hold on!
I think a solid 80ish for top speed is perfect for that boat, some of the more conservative homies in my boating group (pontooners!)
asked me why I want to go 80? I said "its not that I want to go 80, I want to know I CAN!

I think you said mold in october so about 6 months from mold to out the door give or take?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Just something to think about, do you see the graphics when the boat is sitting in the water...

YES, in fact if you look close you can see where I highlighted the approx. water line. I actually tried very hard to make sure what was seen above the waterline was the complete graphic effect.
1-REV9Kc1.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I believe those front sponsons are actually in the water at rest... FYI. That said I think #2 is the best so far.. (the one pictured above this post)

RD

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I believe those front sponsons are actually in the water at rest... FYI. That said I think #2 is the best so far.. (the one pictured above this post)

RD

I set the approx water line for at rest referencing the contour line in the mold at the rear and the top of the hull steps based on what pics I could find of 520 or larger motors. You can see it very clearly on the red one.

42503822_10160894965225582_405555658474127360_o.jpg

Last edited:

v6toy4x

Reaction score
38-11, the winner! I believe I counted your vote!

1614984173031.png

Water Romper

Reaction score
OK, just when you think your ready for paint...how about a hint of fade on the gray right along the Black, just under the thin orange. Nothing obnoxious , very faint transition, might give the boat a bit of depth. regardless, it will be beautiful!

CobraDave

Reaction score
I like the black but the orange doesn’t match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v6toy4x

Reaction score
OK, just when you think your ready for paint...how about a hint of fade on the gray right along the Black, just under the thin orange. Nothing obnoxious , very faint transition, might give the boat a bit of depth. regardless, it will be beautiful!

I am leaving the fade details to mike, I think they are needed?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I like the black but the orange doesn’t match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Against the black the purple or at all?

Without it how do I explain the orange and black merc motor? 😆

Singleton

Reaction score
I am leaving the fade details to mike, I think they are needed?

just remember with fades and repairs down the road become a PIA.
I love the fades in my gel, but when gel repairs are needed, it is a PIA.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
just remember with fades and repairs down the road become a PIA.
I love the fades in my gel, but when gel repairs are needed, it is a PIA.

I hear you, in fact for me in SF bay area I don't have access to the "pros" like those in Havasu or socal.
Easy solution, just don't scratch it🤞

Thx

the510

Reaction score
Thanks
I think the biggest part is I ain't no "baller" with money coming out my ears. This is the first, only and last custom boat I will ever be able to have built, so I figure I might as well make it mine. I had the first one since 01, I will die in the second one! With a cocktail in my hand!! we can always dream right??
I envy you