WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gelcoat or Seadek instead of carpet?

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been a bit absent lately as just crazy busy with life and work. Now that it's winter it's time for some love on the New Cheetah FastCat. The carpet the guy installed a few years back is just junk. It's isn't holding up very well, and it's just plain HOT!! The cheap stuff I got from Lowe's for the pontoon restore was much nicer and cooler. Our other issue with it is the fact that the FastCat has the open air nice on it, and you get sandblasted after leaving the beach and boy does it hurt. I am looking for other flooring options like the newer boats have. Maybe a textured gelcoat, or painted fiberglass, or even a Seadek type of matting. I'd like to get your thoughts and opinions on this, as I'm sure some of you have tackled, or had this done in the past. Thanks.

Deano

Reaction score
I was torn between carpet and Seadek. I ordered the Seadek template and am giving it a shot on a conquest.
If done right, I think it will look killer.
Could be a different deal for you with a wood floor, but I wouldn't lay down Kiwigrip or Durabak unless it was on a fishing vessel.

lenmann

Reaction score
I had Sea Deck fab up some pads for the swim steps on my houseboat in their fake gray teak product. They were super easy to work with, took cad drawings, computer artwork and the final product was very nice. They can get backed up and lead times get long during the season so order early. The material is used broadly on swim steps for roll bar boats for when riders put on their boards. That said, its only moderately durable because its a foam product, I think about 4-5 mm thick. In my application we have to put rugs down for when the dogs jump off to retrieve otherwise it would be torn to hell.

There is a new company called Gator Step that is on the left coast that is an alternative to SeaDeck. Not sure how competitive their pricing is but the fact that there are two sources now cant hurt.

http://www.gatorstep.com/

Attachments

• ipod 7-13 090.jpg
    ipod 7-13 090.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Shasta July 2013 035.jpg
    Shasta July 2013 035.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 141