WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gen1 Raptor Shock Exchange Service in SoCal

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Boss asked me to find a place that can do a rebuilt shock exchange so he can put new shocks on his truck at home. Thinking there has to be a handful of these guys in SoCal. He's got 100k on a 2014 crew cab, and the two front shocks need service bad. I've driven the truck, and I think all the shocks are shot the way the truck sways and bounces. Who do you recommend where I can order a set of rebuilt shocks and then send in my old ones as an exchange? Are there any worthwhile upgrades that can be done to the stock shocks that make them smoother for pavement pounding? This truck sees no off road.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The Gen1 Raptor is known for having a Caddy/Cushy ride, more so than the newest model with adaptive shocks. Im surprised he’s looking for a softer ride.

The exchange part is gonna be tough...there’s no shortage of folks in CA who can rebuild those shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

evantwheeler

Reaction score
The Gen1 Raptor is known for having a Caddy/Cushy ride, more so than the newest model with adaptive shocks. Im surprised he’s looking for a softer ride.

The exchange part is gonna be tough...there’s no shortage of folks in CA who can rebuild those shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I found a place online, forged off-road, but they’re in Central Cali. Would like to try to avoid shipping.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Where in SoCal? I’d call Fox or Mirage if it were mine.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Where in SoCal? I’d call Fox or Mirage if it were mine.
Temecula. No doubt there are places that can just do a rebuild, but we don't want to wait, just want to buy some rebuilt ones and send these used ones in for a core.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Hmm never heard of a deal like that, try a Raptor shop

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Temecula. No doubt there are places that can just do a rebuild, but we don't want to wait, just want to buy some rebuilt ones and send these used ones in for a core.
I could think of calling Karl at ADS racing shocks they have tons of shocks and do awesome work maybe they can send some out and you send the old ones to them?

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Call SDHQ or RPG, both in so. Cal, they are the leaders in raptor stuff.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Ended up taking the truck to ORW in Temecula. Rebuilt in a day, and also did an alignment. Truck drives 1000% better. Super happy with the service. It was about $1500 though, which seemed steep. It was $650 labor & parts only to rebuild the shocks if we took them in.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Ended up taking the truck to ORW in Temecula. Rebuilt in a day, and also did an alignment. Truck drives 1000% better. Super happy with the service. It was about $1500 though, which seemed steep. It was $650 labor & parts only to rebuild the shocks if we took them in.

Thats not out of line... in the future texas shock works does and exchange program...ive dealt with them..