WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Generators/ 2 acs 50amp

Riverryder

Reaction score
With Costco and sams now offering generators are they any good?
I’ve seen a lot of threads about the predators how do they compare? I know there’s YouTube videos but I figured since rdp is full of ballers. Which would you chose? Real world experience?
50amp

Oh and if anyone wants to wax there rv/ 5thwheel I suggest against it! Haha did mine last weekend and it was an all day thing.
365E3F44-4599-45C9-9452-CE50DBE6463F.jpeg
B0806654-347B-4489-9B68-49E78BD4F7DA.jpeg

stoker2001

Reaction score
the commercial heavy noisy ones costco has i believe are only rated to 4000 watts and wont get close to 50 amp.

grumpy88

Reaction score
What time should i drop my trailer off ? Its smaller so it should not take as long for you to wax ! Lol

Xring01

Reaction score
In my opinion…. This is a vague topic…

From someone who is in the Electric Utility Industry…
There are huge differences between Portable Generators and Home Stand By Generators…

A RV can be considered portable… because it SHOULDN”T back feed the grid.

Please understand the difference, understand the regulations between the two.

This is Apples to Watermelon comparisons… two entirely different critters.

Portables are not designed to back up your house…
Home Stand bys are not designed to be portable…

If your are remotely trying to back up your house then please consult a professional, or risk burning your house down.

If your running your RV, pay attention to backfeeding the grid.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Xring01 was asking for a generator to take with us camping…

@Icky i was thinking of gettin somethin like that! Thanks for the link.

@grumpy88 i already did mine. Next time I need to doit I’ll call you and we can trade you wax mine and I’ll wax yours haha

@Cdog you like the predator more then?

@River Runnin i don’t think so.. I’ll have to ask the guy that works on it this weekend as I’m taken him out on the boat.

Cdog

Reaction score
@Xring01 was asking for a generator to take with us camping…

@Icky i was thinking of gettin somethin like that! Thanks for the link.

@grumpy88 i already did mine. Next time I need to doit I’ll call you and we can trade you wax mine and I’ll wax yours haha

@Cdog you like the predator more then?

@River Runnin i don’t think so.. I’ll have to ask the guy that works on it this weekend as I’m taken him out on the boat.
No buy the

Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator 3700 Rated & 4500 Peak Watts, Gas Powered, Electric Start, RV Ready, CARB Compliant​

at the link I provided. I replace my broken predator with it.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Costco sells Firman, I have the 3200 and have had no issues with it for 3 years now. Plus you can't beat the lifetime warranty Costco has. Edit: just saw you are trying to run 50 amp mine is only 30. My 5th wheel has a 5500 Cummins/Onan that I run 3 AC's on

ATKpilot

Reaction score
I think this guy has tested every portable generator made. I ended up buying the Pulsar in this test and it's a beast....and super quiet. The remote start is awesome on a cold morning. He did his testing on his Class A motorhome

couple

Banned
Reaction score
I think this guy has tested every portable generator made. I ended up buying the Pulsar in this test and it's a beast....and super quiet. The remote start is awesome on a cold morning. He did his testing on his Class A motorhome

This is good information. It looks like i will need to replace our generator. Would you recommend replacing it with the same size working off the ID tag or is there any harm in going to a larger output unit?