WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gentry Twin Turbo 510 Valve Cover Clearance Issue

D19

Reaction score
I have standard tall style valve covers and they are a pain to remove. I have to remove the driver side turbo to get that valve cover off.

Is there anyone out here running this kit or familiar with this set up that can recommend a better valve cover that will give me the clearance I need to remove them?

oldschool

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, someone makes a 2 piece valve cover that works with the Gentry set up. I have tall covers on my Race Euro setup with no issues, but your manifolds put the turbos right over the cover(as you’ve learned).

Reactions: D19

D19

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, someone makes a 2 piece valve cover that works with the Gentry set up. I have tall covers on my Race Euro setup with no issues, but your manifolds put the turbos right over the cover(as you’ve learned).

Thanks. I asked Carson about the Keith Eickert 2 piece and he said they have never tried them, but they might work. He said they usually just pull the manifold off. I sucks having to do that. Carb has to home off too. LOL

I need to call KE and ask. I don't know if I'll be able to slide it over the valve train.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Thanks. I asked Carson about the Keith Eickert 2 piece and he said they have never tried them, but they might work. He said they usually just pull the manifold off. I sucks having to do that. Carb has to home off too. LOL

I need to call KE and ask. I don't know if I'll be able to slide it over the valve train.

What valve train are you running? I have new T&D shaft rockers and wanted to upgrade to these to make it easier to check on things. Currently I have to remove my exhaust to take my valve covers off. Not sure if I would have issues using the KE ones.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Get some of the angle cut valve covers. Not sure if IMCO still makes them, but Teague does for sure. I also had wedges under the turbos so it was pretty easy with mine to get in there and check valve lash between race weekends.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
These are the Teague Die Cast valve covers, they have them in Billet as well. Not sure how tight your turbos are but its an option.

new headers 1.jpg

575cat

Reaction score
Those KE 2 piece covers suck , I have tried the updated one,s also do not use , leak leak leak .