WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

George Floyd - Minnesota Death

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
WTF?? Kill 'em All!! Every fukn cop involved!! And wtf is with him having his hands in his pockets? More leverage on a guy that cant breath in the first place? Absolutely sickning!! Those cops deserve every bit of what is coming to them and I dont think they will even make it to trial.. and rightfully so.. unfukinreal!! I'm honestly surprised the main cop with his knee on the neck is still alive!!

His hands weren’t in his pockets. He was wearing black gloves.

Xring01

Reaction score
I was trained as Military Police, did that job for almost 3 years... (that was many years ago as one of my duty stations).

Our training mimics what Civilian Police Academy's train on, in a abbreviated manner. But once you arrive at your duty station, you are then trained by the people with more experience/time under there belt.

What I saw. WRONG...

Those officers will either plead guilty, or be found guilty and will do time.

There nothing in any training that I went thru that justify's that behavior.

Real simple, de escalate a situation, use words to achieve the goal..
If that doesnt work, and dealing with a combative suspect. If use of force is necessary, use the minimal force necessary to cease the threat, apply first aid if needed (or CPR if they OD'd or _____________), get them processed.

Back to what happened, the moment the office had the suspect under control, and in a non combative situation, he should have picked the dude up off the ground, applied first aid, then get him transported...

BTW... I was never trained on putting you full body weight on the knee to a suspects neck... NEVER... No choke holds, nothing like that ever. We did learn how to twist a guys arm to take them to the ground and other tactics of getting people to the ground to put cuffs on.

But nothing to do with choking someone.. WTF was that? Thats just asking for lawsuit...

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

Ha, no worries. I actually thought I saw the same thing and thought to myself how inappropriately casual that seemed. But then I noticed both officers in the video looked like they both had their hands in their pockets. Then I noticed the black gloves.

We can’t tell from the video exactly everything that was happening, but as former law enforcement, I can’t say that looks like it was handled properly. Will be interesting to see what the investigation concludes.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Damn, that second video sure looked like they got him in the car as well. He cooperatively walked about 30 yards to the other car from where the initial contact occured.

I'd love to see video between the 2 cause it appears as though he was on the ground on the driver's side of the car in the first video but it looks like they got him in the rear passenger door in the second video. Something HAD to happen to get him from A to B.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I don't know if this video was posted in this thread but if it hasn't been you should watch it - it appears to be right around the start of the contact between the police and the deceased. There's nothing I saw in this video to indicate things would go badly at all. But things happened after this video before the other one...

4Waters

Reaction score
I don't know if this video was posted in this thread but if it hasn't been you should watch it - it appears to be right around the start of the contact between the police and the deceased. There's nothing I saw in this video to indicate things would go badly at all. But things happened after this video before the other one...

Something starts happening the last 3-4 seconds.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Wow. That's all I can say...

Honestly in situations like this. No plea deals should be on the table. This is so blatant that it needs to go to court with a full panel of jurors

If I were DA I'd be pushing for murder in the 2nd degree and accessory to.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dam, this is hard to watch if you haven't seen the entire video yet. Black, White or Other that is a shitty way to go out.

min a situation like that it is up to the citizens to intervene.. as slippery as that might seem, the police do not have the right to murder a citizen whom has already been detained And restrained.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wow. That's all I can say...

Honestly in situations like this. No plea deals should be on the table. This is so blatant that it needs to go to court with a full panel of jurors

If I were DA I'd be pushing for murder in the 2nd degree and accessory to.

No different then those guys that killed the black guy in Georgia. The camera man was being charged too.
I don’t see how this would be any different?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
min a situation like that it is up to the citizens to intervene.. as slippery as that might seem, the police do not have the right to murder a citizen whom has already been detained And restrained.
I agree, to an extent. Everyone wants to go home. As a witness, your odds are greatly decreased once you cross that line. For someone I didn't know, I may have a hard time wrapping my head around that. Family, friend, probably more of a chance. The officers witness to that should have stepped up and stepped in. They should be better humans than that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would hope someone who is charged with keeping the public safe, should be a better person than those they watchover.

Maybe misplaced faith in humanity, but one can hope.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I agree, to an extent. Everyone wants to go home. As a witness, your odds are greatly decreased once you cross that line. For someone I didn't know, I may have a hard time wrapping my head around that. Family, friend, probably more of a chance. The officers witness to that should have stepped up and stepped in. They should be better humans than that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would hope someone who is charged with keeping the public safe, should be a better person than those they watchover.

Do we all not live under a social contract? When you see something wrong are you not morally obligated to help?

If the roles were reversed and it was the officer on the bottom would your thoughts change?

I am all for LEO, and I don’t envy their job one bit.. but I’d struggle to sleep at night with The thought that I watched a restrained person being killed in front of me and I did nothing to at least try to stop it.. Regardless of who’s on top or bottom.

That Situation was over long before the guy died. What I watched in that video was bad men doing bad things.. and evil is what transpired when good men sit idly by and do nothing.

I would likely be in jail right now if I was there.. or perhaps not.. as I would have made a better argument to both then “bro punk ass bitch etc..”.

I only watched it once but there was a trail of fresh liquid coming from under the car.. I’d suspect that is when the detainee actually pissed himself. This isn’t detaining anymore it is well into the realm of cruel and unusual.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Do we all not live under a social contract? When you see something wrong are you not morally obligated to help?

If the roles were reversed and it was the officer on the bottom would your thoughts change?

I am all for LEO, and I don’t envy their job one bit.. but I’d struggle to sleep at night with The thought that I watched a restrained person being killed in front of me and I did nothing to at least try to stop it.. Regardless of who’s on top or bottom.

That Situation was over long before the guy died. What I watched in that video was bad men doing bad things.. and evil is what transpired when good men sit idly by and do nothing.

I would likely be in jail right now if I was there.. or perhaps not.. as I would have made a better argument to both then “bro punk ass bitch etc..”.

I only watched it once but there was a trail of fresh liquid coming from under the car.. I’d suspect that is when the detainee actually pissed himself. This isn’t detaining anymore it is well into the realm of cruel and unusual.

Stories of the "blue code of silence" date back to the beginning of law enforcement - according to Wikipedia...it's an informal rule among police officers not to report on a colleague's errors, misconducts, or crimes, including police brutality

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
It was a bad decision on the cops part let it play out would hate to be a patrol cop

Xring01

Reaction score
Those stupid cops, just set the Minneappolis Police Department back 100 years in the eyes of the citizens they are supposed to protect.

Those stupid actions, will result in the death of innocent cops, who are doing there job for the right reasons.

Now, a whole lot of peoples perceptions of cops, just shifted....

Bad Day for the Police across the U.S. This is a huge black eye, combined with the build up of Black Eyes over the last 10 years.

UGGGGG...

My good friend and neighbor is retired Riverside Sheriff... He is pissed off at those cops... Wants to beat there ass and maybe more..

JDKRXW

Reaction score

In my view, it's all about expectations.
You expect cops to do what they have to do to control a situation.
Based on the sheer number of interactions with people that a cop has in any period of time, you expect one of these interactions may go off the rails sooner or later.
You expect the 3 other cops in this incident to intervene when they see that the one of their own is going too far.... especially when people not involved are warning them.
With the number of deaths that cops have caused by choke holds and/or putting extreme pressue on people's necks and between upper shoulder blades (from behind) ... you expect cops to be trained about the risk of killing someone by doing this -- especially when done for 5 minutes like it was done here.

None of my expectations were met in this case.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

In my youth, I most definitely would have been involved if witness to only part of the scene. In my youth though, I also always looked at LE as the enemy, and would assume they were in the wrong. Now days, I would have to know some facts before risking my life for a stranger. We now know that this victim was under arrest for forgery...not a crime worthy of a death sentence. So, yes, his life should be spared. What if you found out he was something much different, a child molester, drug dealer or murderer? Under this same moral code you speak of, I should risk my life? That is why I would need more knowledge of the situation before I stepped in. I never want to make choices on who lives or dies, but if forced, and my own life is in the mix, I really hope I have some facts beforehand.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Well that looked like a very respectful interaction up until the video stopped. Something obviously happened, the cops didn’t just snap and decide to throw him on the ground and kill him....

You can see him visibly upset about something. I’ve never been arrested but I can only presume they cranked on his handcuffs which could have been what was hurting him.

84miller

Reaction score
Watched both videos, does not look good at all. More to come as all the officers had their cams on, but I do not see how it will change the responsibility of Floyd's death. When I first heard the report it was stated he passed later, however that changed and he actually died on the street. Handcuffed, knee on his neck for estimated 6 to 9 mins, limiting blood flow, Floyd pleading, bystander's pleading, I am pretty sure there is no substantial information on the body cams to justify it. However, the attention to this situation is not going away, just need to wait for the legal process to proceed and I understand the "wait" is frustrating to many.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
After watching the Mayor speak several times Stirring up everyone, I'm thinking here = You Are The Mayor. Damn, don't come on camera and talk about these Officers should be in jail, This is Murder, On and On.

WTF are you doing? Is this not in your Job Description? TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS.

He has done nothing except Fan The Flames.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Glad they took to the streets and are rioting and looting! Thats how you get shit handled! People being lockdown by the kungflu should take notice!
Geez

Royally PO'd

Reaction score
The problem with this thread is, we have two manginas that JUST can't keep their cocksuckers SHUT !!!

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Glad they took to the streets and are rioting and looting! Thats how you get shit handled! People being lockdown by the kungflu should take notice!
Geez
After watching the Mayor speak several times Stirring up everyone, I'm thinking here = You Are The Mayor. Damn, don't come on camera and talk about these Officers should be in jail, This is Murder, On and On.

I just saw him again, SHUT UP!! do your JOB. Call a meeting in your City and Get OFF CAMERA. You wanted this Job, now you have an Out Of Control Problem.

Deal With It. Stop standing in front of a Microphone and whining. Should Have called the Police Commisioner to your Office Long Ago.

There are people who just Display Confidence Experience and Leadership = You are NOT one of those people.

Lead or Step Down.

Backlash

Reaction score
Stories of the "blue code of silence" date back to the beginning of law enforcement - according to Wikipedia...it's an informal rule among police officers not to report on a colleague's errors, misconducts, or crimes, including police brutality

This may have been the norm many years ago, but I don't believe that's the case any longer. I can't think of one officer or deputy who would be willing to give up their job, their salary, their retirement, their home, their personal belongings and face public scrutiny because they chose NOT to report another officer's misconduct or mishandling of a critical situation. I just don't think that's the case. There have been too many other instances in the past where officers have been disciplined and punished for NOT reporting this type of unprofessional behavior to their superiors.

Not to derail this thread by going off on a tangent, but it's extremely sad and unfortunate that this man lost his life at the hands of a law enforcement official. It's also sad what this incident has done to the communities which have obviously lost control.

What that officer did is not an acceptable use of force for a subject who is actively or passively resisting. By ANY means. While the officer may have initially intended on holding the subject down on the ground to control him, nowhere does it say that putting pressure on someone's neck by kneeling on it is acceptable. That area of the body is essentially "Off limits" for this exact reason. It can be fatal.

Yes, you can safely gain control of a combative person by various control holds and the use of different techniques including the "Lateral vascular neck restraint (LVNR)," AKA "The carotid" AKA "The chokehold" (Even though it's not actually a choke). This is the same technique we've all seen performed a million times in the octagon or MMA gym where a person taps out before they pass out. That technique, when done properly, does not restrict the person's airflow and simply limits the person's blood flow to the brain which causes the person to "Pass out." Thats why it isnt actually a choke. This technique is effective and typically take between 7-11 seconds if performed correctly. There is no danger to the recipient when this technique is correctly applied and once the person's blood flow is returned, they "Bounce back." Those are the only techniques I'm familiar with that are taught in law enforcement circles that allow an officer/deputy to engage a subject's neck to assist in restraining them in order to gain control of them.

There are handcuffing techniques that are taught where a subject is in a prone position and an officer/deputy can apply minimal pressure to the subject's back while securing one of their arms. This is taught in a way that prevents the subject from receiving any injuries and allows the officer/deputy a safe way to secure the subject while not injuring themselves.

In the incident in Minnesota, neither of these techniques were applied and what we saw was an officer performing techniques that are not taught in any law enforcement circles that I'm familiar with.

Criminal charges will be filed and officers will most likely receive some formal sentence. They will also be sued and will be faced with punitive damages. The department (City), is also going to pay out for this mess.

Sorry for the long reply but law enforcement "Use of Force" incidents are always intriguing for me and they typically point out an officer's lack of training and/or maturity....or both.

This entire event could have been avoided and that man would still be alive today had the officers done their job correctly.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
SUPRISE!! Al Sharpton and the REV. Jesse Jackson have arrived on the Scene with their Cans of Gasoline to help stir the crowds up to Burn,Loot and ? innocent people.

THE REAL KILLER is collin kaepernick pushed his way in with more helpfull Sickening BullShit. someone,please tell this Disgrace to go away. You have done enough Damage for one lifetime.

4Waters

Reaction score
SUPRISE!! Al Sharpton and the REV. Jesse Jackson have arrived on the Scene with their Cans of Gasoline to help stir the crowds up to Burn,Loot and ? innocent people.

THE REAL KILLER is collin kaepernick pushed his way in with more helpfull Sickening BullShit. someone,please tell this Disgrace to go away. You have done enough Damage for one lifetime.
I hate those racist fuks, every time they open their mouths my BP goes up.

Backlash

Reaction score
Well, this should really help quiet things down. Can someone grab me a 55" tv for the riverhouse?? 😁

Tank

Reaction score
That can't be for real. I can't find ANYTHING about no criminal charge.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Reaction score

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Screen capture shows 3 of 4 officers kept the handcuffed George Floyd pinned to the ground...

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 5.40.49 PM.png

PlanB

Reaction score
That can't be for real. I can't find ANYTHING about no criminal charge.

The full video clip is in this link. About the 1:15 mark is where the above clip came from.

"Hennepin County attorney Mike Freeman spoke Thursday about the death of George Floyd and said while the video showing a Minneapolis police officer kneeling on Floyd’s neck for more than seven minutes is “graphic and horrific,” he must prove the officer violated a criminal statute. He said there was other evidence that did not support a criminal charge, but did not elaborate on what that evidence was. Freeman also called on people to demonstrate peacefully and violent protests take resources away from the investigation".

MSum661

Reaction score
The story has a twist.....
"George Floyd and now-former Officer Derek Chauvin both worked security at the El Nuevo Rodeo club"

Tank

Reaction score
The full video clip is in this link. About the 1:15 mark is where the above clip came from.

"Hennepin County attorney Mike Freeman spoke Thursday about the death of George Floyd and said while the video showing a Minneapolis police officer kneeling on Floyd’s neck for more than seven minutes is “graphic and horrific,” he must prove the officer violated a criminal statute. He said there was other evidence that did not support a criminal charge, but did not elaborate on what that evidence was. Freeman also called on people to demonstrate peacefully and violent protests take resources away from the investigation".

I find it CRAZY bizarre that this isn’t making breaking, headline news.

MSum661

Reaction score

Crazy right! If true that sure changes things!
Meanwhile, an entire City is in chaos.

Sandlord

Reaction score
more to the story?

George Floyd, fired officer overlapped security shifts at south Minneapolis club
Ana Lastra and Eric Rasmussen
Updated: May 28, 2020 06:21 PM
Created: May 28, 2020 04:20 PM

A former club owner in south Minneapolis says the now-fired police officer and the black man who died in his custody this week both worked security for her club up to the end of last year.

George Floyd and now-former Officer Derek Chauvin both worked security at the El Nuevo Rodeo club on Lake Street, according to Maya Santamaria. Santamaria owned the building for nearly two decades, but sold the venue within the last few months.

"Chauvin was our off-duty police for almost the entirety of the 17 years that we were open," Santamaria said. "They were working together at the same time, it's just that Chauvin worked outside and the security guards were inside."

5 INVESTIGATES has reached out to Chauvin's attorney and the Minneapolis Police Department, but they could not be reached for comment at the time this story was published.

Although the two overlapped working security on popular music nights within the last year, Santamaria can not say for certain they knew each other because there were often a couple dozen security guards, including off-duty officers.

Santamaria says she did not recognize either one of her security guards in the video showing Chauvin kneeling on Floyd's neck not far from where they used to work.

"My friend sent me (the video) and said this is your guy who used to work for you and I said, 'It's not him.' And then they did the closeup and that's when I said, 'Oh my God, that's him,'" Santamaria said. "I didn't recognize George as one of our security guys because he looked really different lying there like that."
Santamaria still operates La Raza 95.7 FM radio station in the same building that houses El Nuevo Rodeo, but a power outage has knocked them off-air as a result of Tuesday's protests. The Latino owned business is two blocks east of where protests erupted in front of the Minneapolis Police Department Third Precinct and spilled into nearby businesses. Like their neighbors, the building's glass doors are shattered and now covered in graffiti.
"All of the neighborhood has come out to volunteer and clean up and lend a hand," Santamaria said.
Santamaria says they are still updating the Latino community on their Facebook page until they can get power back.

https://kstp.com/news/george-floyd-fired-officer-overlapped-security-shifts-at-south-minneapolis-club-may-28-2020/5743990/

PlanB

Reaction score

Yeah, I have only seen it on a couple of forums. Maybe Cause of death is not consistent with murder charges? When I first watched the video I thought Positional Asphyxiation was a possible cause, which might cause an issue with criminal charges. We'll see.

MSum661

Reaction score
Per scanner.

3 cars with machine guns.
Group of 200 moving with Bats and sticks.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
This is one video and yes, disturbing. There has to be another side to this. Cops with body cams knowing they were being recorded.......lets see how this plays out
I can’t possibly see another side to this. No matter what he did before he was in cuffs, there was no excuse for what the cop did. I watched the video and it seemed to turn into a “sword fight” between the cop and the crowd. The more they begged him to stop the more determined he seemed to be to keep killing this guy. I’m really glad I’m retiring in a couple of years because shit like this makes it real fucking hard for cops everywhere. No cop has ever been trained to place a knee, foot or any other object/body part on someone’s neck. The only exception would be if deadly force was justified and for some reason a gun couldn’t be used. This dude was cuffed and face down, definitely not a deadly force situation. Horrible video to watch. Those cops are going to prison.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score

If that was your son would you expect the mayor to speak out against those cops actions? I would.

Backlash

Reaction score
While I agree with both Dirty Daytona and Looking Glass, I would also expect the Mayor to allow the people appointed to their positions (Chief of Police), to do THEIR jobs. I dont think its fair for the Mayor to be the one making those types of statements without first allowing the department to conduct and complete it's own investigation into what occurred. The Mayor is a spokesperson for the City and shouldn't be spewing comments like that until all of the evidence has been compiled and investigations completed. The Chief should be briefing him and telling him what they learned and plan to do from a disciplinary position.

I think the Mayor is simply straddling the fence and trying to keep his job for as long as he can. Right now, he knows that he will garner support from the enraged community by taking sides with them. They like that and won't demand he immediately step down. That's my .02.

Joker

Reaction score
Maybe he shouldn’t have forged checks?