WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

George Floyd - Minnesota Death

Backlash

Reaction score
From what I read, he was trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill. Again, I wasn't there and am only going off of what was reported....and you know how reliable most media outlets are. 🙄

farmo83

Reaction score
Today's practice of guilty until proven innocent disgust me. Also ill always give police the benefit of the doubt

That having been said as my high school football coach would tell us " the film don't lie." Hopefully justice is served for on that officer.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Passing a bad $20. should not cost you your life. Sorry guys....that was a murder.

The rioters and looters are nothing more than criminals taking advantage of the situation and has nothing to do with justice. They need met with force to stop them. The shit about not wanting to put PO in the path of danger doesn't make sense to me. They have a job to do. Kind of reminds me of the military and having their hands shackled. Let them do their jobs to put this down.

Actions have consequences both ways.....problem is that the trophy for everybody crowd has created people that don't know what consequences are.

Time to take control of the situation......

Advantage 1

Reaction score
From what I read, he was trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill. Again, I wasn't there and am only going off of what was reported....and you know how reliable most media outlets are. 🙄

Quoted for the content and not directed at you.

IF this is true, did he knowingly pass it? IF he did know, his death would never have happened.

Best to keep unnecessary LEO contact to minimum... why draw attention?

jones performance

Reaction score
Passing a bad $20. should not cost you your life. Sorry guys....that was a murder.

The rioters and looters are nothing more than criminals taking advantage of the situation and has nothing to do with justice. They need met with force to stop them. The shit about not wanting to put PO in the path of danger doesn't make sense to me. They have a job to do. Kind of reminds me of the military and having their hands shackled. Let them do their jobs to put this down.

Actions have consequences both ways.....problem is that the trophy for everybody crowd has created people that don't know what consequences are.

Time to take control of the situation......

i agree it was murder.

my opinion the protest and violence was a ticking time bomb in that area i imagine as racial tensions seem to have always been high between police and blacks. couple that to the tensions from covid scare tactics and lockdowns quarantine, job loss, etc and people are even more on edge and on the verge of exploding.

i dont agree with what they are doing at all, just thinking why people would do what theyre doing is all.

Last edited:

84miller

Reaction score
I read this morning that Floyd and the officer worked security at the same bar for a few years. The officer performed outside security, Floyd inside...total security force for the weekend being 8. The owner of the bar cannot state if Floyd or the officer knew of each other....this was up to last year when the then closed. So let's see if anything comes out of this during the trail...the officer has been arrested.

Backlash

Reaction score

Funny how this appears to be "OK...."

If white men were armed to the teeth and were standing out in front of their businesses to protect them, it would be broadcast as racist. Yet when other folks do it, apparently its OK??

We can come into any part of the city and break into businesses and take whatever the fuck we want. We can damage your property, take your belongings and burn down your police departments if we want. But if you come near our businesses, we will shoot you.

Seems reasonable. 🙄

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Quoted for the content and not directed at you.

IF this is true, did he knowingly pass it? IF he did know, his death would never have happened.

Best to keep unnecessary LEO contact to minimum... why draw attention?

It could have been 2 million instead of 20 bucks. That is not why he ended up in the position he did. If you notice in the videos, he is initially detained and handcuffed alive an well. Something obviously happened after that causing them to end up on the ground.

This is simple with two possible outcomes.

1) The cops use force to detain him utilizing well known and widely practiced techniques to monitor his health/breathing after the fact.

2) The cops use force to detain him then freeze not knowing what to do next.

You can guess which one occurred here.

Positional asphyxiation is more than likely what occurred here regardless of what other drugs or alcohol he had on board. Knee on neck or not (that is not illegal by the way), if he were seated or on his side this would not have occurred unless it was a case of excited delirium, at which point there's not much any position will do when their heart explodes.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
If that cop is found not guilty at the end of the trial they’ll loot and burn that entire city to the fucking ground. This is just the beginning.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
If that cop is found not guilty at the end of the trial they’ll loot and burn that entire city to the fucking ground. This is just the beginning.
I'd say it's going to be tough to defend against Negligent Homicide. That was not "Murder" by legal definition. It was pure stupidity that cost someone their life.

That cop and his buddies set the rest of the Cops across this nation back decades in regards to public relations.

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ I agree. The prosecution should be cautious with overcharging.

Reactions: t&y

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I'd say it's going to be tough to defend against Negligent Homicide. That was not "Murder" by legal definition. It was pure stupidity that cost someone their life.

That cop and his buddies set the rest of the Cops across this nation back decades in regards to public relations.

Murder was the wrong word in the technical sense but absolutely agree with you.

Reactions: t&y

PlanB

Reaction score
Here are the charges:

"Fired Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin has been charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter."

Also:

"Floyd, who was reportedly under the influence, fought with police for approximately 10 minutes before officers took him to the ground in the roadway.

After wrestling the combative man to the ground, Officer Chauvin knelt on the suspect’s neck to keep him pinned down, cell phone footage showed."

Where is this video?

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
1590778617562.jpeg

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Same scumbags working the SHAKEDOWN racism angle for money and power while dividing this country...

Protesters nationwide should call for murder charges in the death of George Floyd, who died Monday while being arrested by Minneapolis police, Rev. Jesse Jackson said Thursday.

"The protests must continue, but around the country ... protest until something happens," Jackson said.

R6WgnzPN68vQiQo3Ms3KiKf0Z9FheynghkDw52aMt0RI8DNqefMazKA99SXV-O_GlNuV9dmw7_GyiRVPoxpzgij5emFGiQ

530RL

Reaction score
3rd degree murder in Minnesota has two basic criteria:

a) Without regard for human life

b) Without intent to cause death

Max sentence is 25 years.

Backlash

Reaction score
Here are the charges:

"Fired Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin has been charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter."

Also:

"Floyd, who was reportedly under the influence, fought with police for approximately 10 minutes before officers took him to the ground in the roadway.

After wrestling the combative man to the ground, Officer Chauvin knelt on the suspect’s neck to keep him pinned down, cell phone footage showed."

Where is this video?

That video will be more difficult to find thanks to social media and them claiming to remove the video due to "Censorship." They will say it's too graphic or inappropriate to show. If that video shows even the slightest hint that Floyd resisted arrest and supports the officers with their use of force and response to him resisting arrest, can you imagine the outcome??

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My wife was just called a science denying trump supporter by her woke CA friends for not supporting the protesters, er, rioters.

It’s funny because they’re pushing her toward it LOL, as she’s generally agnostic to politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

530RL

Reaction score
That video will be more difficult to find thanks to social media and them claiming to remove the video due to "Censorship." They will say it's too graphic or inappropriate to show. If that video shows even the slightest hint that Floyd resisted arrest and supports the officers with their use of force and response to him resisting arrest, can you imagine the outcome??

Regardless of whether Mr. Floyd was fighting with them prior, an existing video shows a) Mr. Floyd completely passed out for several minutes, b) the officer remaining with his knee and weight on Mr. Floyd's neck subsequent to him being completely out, and c) the officer repeatedly being informed by multiple bystanders that Mr. Floyd was out.

Even if you can sell the original knee to the neck with the argument of resistance, it gets to be a tougher and tougher sell the longer it goes on after Mr. Floyd is completely out and unresponsive. The fire department report states no pulse when they got to him on the street..........

havasujeeper

Reaction score
"The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation," read the summary of the findings from the the Hennepin County medical examiner.
"Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death," it concluded.

With the recently released findings, does this change anyone's mind whether the cop should be prosecuted for murder?

rvir4us

Anyone got some jack d?
Reaction score
"The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation," read the summary of the findings from the the Hennepin County medical examiner.
"Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death," it concluded.

With the recently released findings, does this change anyone's mind whether the cop should be prosecuted for murder?
ITS NOT A GOOD USE OF FORCE BUT IT AINT MURDER

4Waters

Reaction score
Regardless of whether Mr. Floyd was fighting with them prior, an existing video shows a) Mr. Floyd completely passed out for several minutes, b) the officer remaining with his knee and weight on Mr. Floyd's neck subsequent to him being completely out, and c) the officer repeatedly being informed by multiple bystanders that Mr. Floyd was out.

Even if you can sell the original knee to the neck with the argument of resistance, it gets to be a tougher and tougher sell the longer it goes on after Mr. Floyd is completely out and unresponsive. The fire department report states no pulse when they got to him on the street..........
The fire department was never there.

Icky

Reaction score
They started "protesting " in fontana last night, and now they're in rancho cucamonga 🙄

RodnJen

Reaction score

No, but it won’t be murder.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score

So he died of covid then.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

Alot of places the EMTs are not "contracted" like we are used to seeing, they are actually part of the fire dept and hospitals. I'm not saying this is, as I havent even looked, but the "city" I live in now uses "contracted" EMTs, the "town" I grew up in still has EMTs that are part of the FD, and some that are for the hospitals.

The contracted ones(where I live) crack me up, couple different companies sitting places all around, then when there is a call there is like 3 or 4 running that way, one right behind another in a race to get there first, first come, first serve...lol

530RL

Reaction score

You are correct the fire department was not on the street at the scene as EMS arrived.

The fire department did however allegedly meet the EMS a couple blocks away prior to going to the hospital.

But maybe the fire department is not being truthful and was never there as you state?

It’s hard to know who to believe any more.

4Waters

Reaction score
You are correct the fire department was not on the street at the scene as EMS arrived.

The fire department did however allegedly meet the EMS a couple blocks away prior to going to the hospital.

But maybe the fire department is not being truthful and was never there as you state?

It’s hard to know who to believe any more.
EMS that showed up was from a hospital, I don't know what the protocols are there but here in California those EMT's/Paramedics would have their medical licenses revoked the way they handled the patient/scene.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
EMS that showed up was from a hospital, I don't know what the protocols are there but here in California those EMT's/Paramedics would have their medical licenses revoked the way they handled the patient/scene.

Maybe it was the same dude that did the unauthorized biopsy on Joan Rivers.

530RL

Reaction score

Fair enough.

What do they do that violated their protocols?

4Waters

Reaction score
Fair enough.

What do they do that violated their protocols?
That's their patient once on scene they should have told LE hands off and c-spine the patient (yes I have done that while someone was doing chest compressions). The patient was thrown to the ground and could have sustained unknown injuries.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Still find it odd that the ambulance took him away without trying to perform CPR. They didn't even check his pulse from the video we saw.. If he was dead, wouldn't they have had to wait for a coroner to come and take the body? And on-site investigation?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Still find it odd that the ambulance took him away without trying to perform CPR. They didn't even check his pulse from the video we saw.. If he was dead, wouldn't they have had to wait for a coroner to come and take the body? And on-site investigation?

Something like that.

I believe what we see is one criminal killing another criminal to protect a low level criminal enterprise.
Nothing to do with cops and robbers, nothing to do with race, nothing to do with anything beyond that.
There is no parallel to Rodney King, no parallel to true brutality cases we’ve seen over the last number of years.
Cold blooded killer this one. He just happened to wear a badge and they just happened to be white and black.
There was no confusion, no excitement, not a lot of radio chatter, etc.

It just doesn’t look like other cases we’ve seen.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Officer charged in George Floyd's death argues drug overdose killed him, not knee on neck

A defense attorney for the fired Minneapolis police officer charged with murder in connection with the death of George Floyd is asking a judge to drop all charges, arguing the 46-year-old man's death was allegedly from a drug overdose and not caused by the officer planting his knee in the back of Floyd's neck.

Defense attorney Eric J. Nelson filed the motion in Hennepin County, Minnesota, District Court on Friday, claiming prosecutors have failed to show probable cause for charging Derek Chauvin with second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. Chauvin has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Nelson contends Chauvin acted on his training from the Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) in the use of a "Maximal Restraint Technique" and did so out of concern that Floyd might harm himself or the officers struggling to arrest him.

The Minneapolis Police Department policy on "Maximal Restraint Technique" says it "shall only be used in situations where handcuffed subjects are combative and still pose a threat to themselves, officers or others, or could cause significant damage to property if not properly restrained."

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Yeah that whole deal was weird AF..

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If he survives, it be interesting to see how this goes considering what he pled guilty to didn’t cause Floyd’s death.

Interesting reading this with 3 years of perspective and new information.

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Wrf ?? They put an ex police officer in general population????
Someone wanted him. Gone
not sure how it works for this but in WI they can only keep you in AdSeg for so long by law, I think even beyond inmates wishes.

that's how Dahmer got it. days if not hours after mandatory release into GenPop he was a memory.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Wrf ?? They put an ex police officer in general population????
Someone wanted him. Gone
I would assume he was on a protective custody yard which could be a pretty big variety of inmates that need protection from all the usual gang related activity inside or other conviction related issues. Either way, a high value target for some in there I'm sure.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
What if everyone decided to be judge, jury, and executioner. How do you think that’d work out?