WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

George Thorogood

236eagledave

Reaction score
George has got to be pushing 70. I saw him along with J Geils Band and The Rolling Stones at the LA Coliseum way back in the early eighties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
He did an acoustical set at Capital Records when I worked there in 2006 or 07, he looked and sounded great!

Just Ducky

Reaction score
saw him at the house of blues a couple years ago. really good show and he had his daughter come out and play a song with him.He's still got it.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
should be an fun night

Lol, i thought he died years, decades ago... then i heard something on the radio the other day and was like WTF? He's coming to Vegas, i think the Sunset Station iirc...

I must have been thinking of SRV

Edit: well i guess he was at the Sunset Station on Friday, lol :D

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I saw him back in the day. 1978, he headlined at the Boarding House - San Fran. Now, at that time, the Boarding House was kind of like a high school gym/auditorium. Big open floor and a stage, about 4 1/2 - 5' high. For concerts, they'd just have a bunch of bar-type tables for 4. Even had waitresses running around getting you beer and drinks. We got there early and got a front row table, far left on the floor. He was right in the middle of one of his patented blues riffs (don't remember which one...doesn't matter), when he walked up to the edge of the stage, turned his back on the crowd and did a back flip off the stage. He then went down the line of front row tables (starting with us) made a motion for us to bow, and he then "knighted" everybody in the first row, touching the head-stock of his Gibson on our shoulders, as we bowed.

The flip off the stage was pretty bitchen', considering this was '78 and wireless was only for the big boys. He did all of that dragging the cable. We were kinda sorry that he took the stairs back up. We were pretty sure he was going to flip back up there. :D

cofooter

Reaction score
George has got to be pushing 70. I saw him along with J Geils Band and The Rolling Stones at the LA Coliseum way back in the early eighties.

Was this the show where prince opened and was booed of stage twice? If so, I was there.... saw him at UC Irvine Auditorium in the early 80's, maybe 200 people there, stood right by the stage.........

GOTTBoat

Reaction score

I was there for that, Prince got booed off stage, people were taking off their shoes and throwing them at him. He flipped off the crowd and walked off stage, it was great!