WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Get low....get low....get low get low get low get low - WATER LEVELS

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
View attachment 1011430

1623200417291.png

1623200590709.png

TODAY THRU THURSDAY.....Needles is gonna be super low mid-day / early afternoon. 1/2 a unit releases at Davis in the early AM = low water levels between 2-6 PM

You can boat up and down without issue, but watch the shoreline and North of the bridge is gonna be real difficult for the average joe......

Get your boat off the beach or dock by noon......

This has been a public service announcement

1623201091993.png

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Why are they doing this?

Your neighbor gives two fucks about that bout it his pontoon sitting high and dry! Kinda funny. 😂

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Why are they doing this?

Your neighbor gives two fucks about that bout it his pontoon sitting high and dry! Kinda funny. 😂
They're doing it in an attempt to kill off the crazy amount of caddis flies that Bullhead is experiencing.

I don't think the neighbor knew it was gonna happen, unless your checking flows every day you just kinda assume the water will be flowing from Mid - March thru Mid - October and below the bridge the docks are good. Key word is ASSUME

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Are caddy flies those biting little bastards?
Something got me a couple times last week, and weren't skeeters.

Tank

Reaction score
They're doing it in an attempt to kill off the crazy amount of caddis flies that Bullhead is experiencing.

I don't think the neighbor knew it was gonna happen, unless your checking flows every day you just kinda assume the water will be flowing from Mid - March thru Mid - October and below the bridge the docks are good. Key word is ASSUME

Yeah, he probably didn’t know but not the first time I’ve seen his boats high and dry 😁

Hope they kill them little bastards, we’ll be there end of the month!!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I still do not fully grasp the whole concept of what they’re doing. Seems to drop it and leave it for a few days 2-3 would halo kill those bugs, but to drop then rise then drop in time of 48 hours seems odd to me.

DLC

Reaction score
Get a back hoe and dig that dock out some!

Although I’m sure there are rules / regulations that Encourage that…..

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Get a back hoe and dig that dock out some!

Although I’m sure there are rules / regulations that Encourage that…..
Done it once already! Ours is still wet in the pic 😬

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score

I was at the Riverside last week and it was a biblical plague. The windows were covered in bugs.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I have been patiently waiting for the report !
It most likely won't be until the end of summer that I start exploring. It's still about 40' above the lowest point that it was before, but it is lowest it's ever been at this time of year.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Hope it’s not like that this weekend or we might be staying at the pool 💩

Tank

Reaction score
you say high and dry, I say lovingly cradled in a protective mold of mud

You bringing the cig?

HAHAHA. True.

And no, no boat. You seen how shallow it is up there!? We'll be Just chillin sippin' cocktails in that pool. ;)

You bringing your boat(s)???

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
HAHAHA. True.

And no, no boat. You seen how shallow it is up there!? We'll be Just chillin sippin' cocktails in that pool. ;)

You bringing your boat(s)???

Not to that Bullhead shindig.........that's a shallow water cocktail party. Forecast says chillin and grillin,

But boating Havasu Monday - Thursday after.......be there or be square

C'MON MAN!

1623252251001.png

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I've launched at Lazy Harry's in 2 units, had to float the böté thru the entrance to the river. Pump salad was included. Up river seemed to be the best bet. 👍

Dan'l

Demoman

Reaction score
Caddis flys? Or Democrats trying to take our freedom away 1 unit at a time......

You decide.....
I have been out every weekend this year and can not believe how high they ran the river for 10 weeks straight. I realize its planting season but I have never seen it stay that full day after day. Gotta drop those lake levels to push climate change agenda

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I have been out every weekend this year and can not believe how high they ran the river for 10 weeks straight. I realize its planting season but I have never seen it stay that full day after day. Gotta drop those lake levels to push climate change agenda

Us as well, we were scratching our heads. Docks only had like 2' of pole showing, in 6 years i've never seen it that high SUSTAINED for that long. That had to be an insane release of water

LhcBrad

Reaction score
Caddis flies, unlike your mayfly fly or stonefly flies, have a complete life cycle because they pupate. Pupation is often called a resting stage as the insects transform from larva to adult. These flies mate on dry ground or in streamside vegetation beyond the reach of hungry trout. Once emerged, most adults fly off to shoreline vegetation to mate. Some species, particularly those inhabiting lakes scurry and scamper prior to flight, leaving speedboat wakes for trout to hone in on. The caddis dry fly come in many varieties and profiles as well. With over 10,000 species worldwide and 1,400 in North America alone, this complex and diverse order is unique to say the least. Within the 22 caddis families found across the continent lies a variety of sizes, shapes, colors and most importantly behaviors.

To name the caddis flies for caddis fly fishing is not an easy thing to do. There are so many that work best on certain rivers and that makes this a hard choice. Caddis fly fishing can be a test of switching your caddis dry fly constantly to figure out what stage and profile they are looking for. Dry fly caddis will test you to the fullest within every given hatch. These flies can vary from this species to the next. The trout have a good handle on what is the most prolific in any caddis dry fly hatch, so it’s up to us to figure this out. Caddis flies can vary from the adult version down to the emerger and beyond. To name just a few caddis dry fly would be going out on a limb. The best caddis dry fly patterns range from the all-knowing, Elk Hair Caddis, to the EC Caddis, to the Parachute Caddis. All in which should be on hand when caddis fly fishing is present. Caddis dry fly patterns come in to play at different times when they are prolific. One day they want a specific CDC pattern, when the next they won't even look at it. So, to call out a best caddis flies becomes quite difficult.

In the end caddis fly fishing can be daunting to say the least. But in every shape and form you will love it. Trying to figure this hatch out at times will make you go nuts in the best way. We will say this though, when you figure it out, its game on, but not before you check out or selection of caddis flies for sale on our website.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It most likely won't be until the end of summer that I start exploring. It's still about 40' above the lowest point that it was before, but it is lowest it's ever been at this time of year.

Get the drone...

78Southwind

Reaction score
After years of flooding these extreme lows to highs is flushing out our marina. The marina water is starting to clear up nicely. :cool:

Water Romper

Reaction score
This pic was taken a month ago at Folsom. It's going to get insanely low...I hope to find all sorts of cool shit.
View attachment 1011525
Holy crap!! Man, if I were there, My Gold Big Pro would be going crazy!! I (its a metal detector) wonder what stuff has fallen in the water (pre-drought) and is less than 2 inches under the dry silt/mud. Rings, jewlery, $9,000 watch- oh wait, sorry, that's in Havasu, I bet there is all kinds of stuff. Up here in Idaho, they literally drain the reservoirs to where it looks like this Folsom picture, first time I have ever seen it was last year, got out my Gold Bug and went to the equivalent of Copper Canyon, just knew I was going to get rich, found 6 cents and a bullet casing. Good thing I have a real job. Keep us posted, love the thrill of the hunt!!