WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Get ready for Woke Mountain this winter.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I would need to lean on @angiebaby but I believe it was called Squaw Valley because the local tribes entrusted the security of this valley because it was defensible. I really dislike corporations getting caught up in current culture fads. They don't age well. We used to enjoy spending weekends up there, but I am glad we left.

poncho

Reaction score
That has become my least favorite word in the english language, every time I hear it it is connected to something utterly ridiculous....Please explain to me how us as a society are better now....People are insane.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
That has become my least favorite word in the english language, every time I hear it it is connected to something utterly ridiculous....Please explain to me how us as a society are better now....People are insane.

It really is like nails on a chalkboard.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Sportin' Wood is correct. It was called Squaw Valley because that is where the tribe would leave the women while the men went out hunting. It was considered a safe place for them to remain for weeks on end with the men gone. There was also a mining scheme hatched in the valley where gold was seeded in an attempt for the claim owners to get rich by selling their claims or stock in their claims. That was when then natives got pushed out of that area.