WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Get ready, gas stoves next.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Occasionally as I walk by my 1938! Roper gas stove…I smell an odd smell…The pilots are lit… Now this has me wondering if methane has an odor to it???…

jonnyd

Reaction score
So PG&E burns down a good portion of Sonoma County's homes a few years ago. Around the time of the fire the State of California mandates solar panels be installed on all new residential construction. Shortly after the fire, Santa Rosa decides to ban natural gas burning appliances on all new residential construction.

UNINTENTIONAL fires seem like a good way to speed up the removal of natural gas burning appliances. Oh and by the way our electric rates have gone way up. Somebody has to pay for it all!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Soooooo, we should replace our gas stoves with electric ones, powered by electricity generated from natural gas burning turbines....sweet! Let's add a step:rolleyes:

I'm extremely nervous about what electricity is going to cost in ~10-15 years when I'm heading into retirement. That's a hidden cost no one planned for when they were saving! Can you imagine when every single thing we use needs the juice? And you know it will get monopolized, and then we are screwed.

I can say I use much less electricity watching TV since cutting the cable, and I don't miss it a bit. Not at all. Shop lights are on more though....

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Send the enviro nazis to China to get rid of their coal first. Gas should have at least another 100 years of use before technology takes it out

spectras only

Reaction score
Thursday’s study found that families who don’t use their range hoods or who have poor ventilation can surpass the one-hour outdoor standard within a few minutes of stove usage, particularly in more cramped kitchens, which are more common in poorer communities.
“It’s definitely an environmental justice issue because lower-income households are more susceptible,” said Eric Lebel, a senior scientist at PSE Healthy Energy, a research institute in Oakland, Calif., who

So. the rich enviro nazis like Eric Lebel will donate money to the poor to replace their gas stoves with electric ones and subsidize the increase in utility bills, since electric appliances are more expensive to use than gas, btw. Yeah, screw the poor Eric:rolleyes:

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Fine, I'll just burn briquettes in my grill and smoke the shit out of everything with my smoker . . . fuck 'em.
Oh, and I'll enjoy the meals sitting next to my backyard wood fireplace.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Yep, fuk em...

20210109_183258.jpg

Boat 405

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with environment. And everything to do with control. Make everyone buy everything electric, then whoever has control over the electricity controls the population. Cars, houses, everything.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with environment. And everything to do with control. Make everyone buy everything electric, then whoever has control over the electricity controls the population. Cars, houses, everything.

Seems about right

Ladsm

Reaction score
The US grid doesnt have enough capacity to power all electric loads after people get home from work.

An electric car take 30-60 amps 240 volt to charge. A stovetop/oven take 50-60 amps 240v and then if you want to do some laundry there is another 30 amps 240 volt. So now you get home, suns down with no solar and you are going to fire up 150 amps of power on a typical 200 amp house and then what if its a hot night and you fire up the 50 amp 240 volt AC unit. You are now maxxing out your panel and overloading the grid.

The amount of electrical generating capacity isnt there without building Nuclear Fusion powered plants in the big cities like France did.

traquer

Reaction score
And not to mention exposing whatever you're cooking to a ton of electromagnetic forces. I wonder if that's a problem? May be nothing but something I was thinking about, like how living under high tension lines isn't good etc.

grumpy88

Reaction score
The US grid doesnt have enough capacity to power all electric loads after people get home from work.

An electric car take 30-60 amps 240 volt to charge. A stovetop/oven take 50-60 amps 240v and then if you want to do some laundry there is another 30 amps 240 volt. So now you get home, suns down with no solar and you are going to fire up 150 amps of power on a typical 200 amp house and then what if its a hot night and you fire up the 50 amp 240 volt AC unit. You are now maxxing out your panel and overloading the grid.

The amount of electrical generating capacity isnt there without building Nuclear Fusion powered plants in the big cities like France did.
Dont forget about you wealthy guys with the pool and spa heaters ! Thats another big amp draw .

Cdog

Reaction score
Follow the money. This whole thing is nothing more than a forced consolidation so a different team can profit