WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

gettin the SHOT today

wallnutz

Reaction score
Got my mom and dad registered to get theirs tomorrow in Phx. Mom calls me this morning and says she is afraid to leave the house due to COVID. She is 84.🙄

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
No time to balk. Get the shot.
This vaccine isn't we faked the moon landing or Jack Ruby fucked Castros wife on the grassy knoll kinda theory.
It's real.

Incredibly contagious. LA County morgue just cleared out another warehouse to store victims. In this heat they will start pop'in. The undertakers can't embalm them fast enough.

997 nurses at the wifes hospital got it and no serious side effects.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If you don't show up for the appointment it goes like this:
Each shot is thawed out for 45 minutes, then a 15 minute window to administer it.
If you are a no show that shot gets tossed out.

News media is not reporting that fact because it, along with other fuck ups is making Newsom and his Covid Tzar Tom Steyer look incompetent.
They didn't plan this very well, poor execution and ridiculous that Newsom held it all back for his own testing.
The recall has really gained steam and the media will soon start supporting Newsom.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
is there a website you register at?

It's not through your health provider?

Do you know what brand? Wasn't one supposed to be better than the other?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Each shot is thawed out for 45 minutes, then a 15 minute window to administer it.

News media is not reporting that fact because it, along with other fuck ups is making Newsom and his Covid Tzar Tom Steyer look incompetent.
They didn't plan this very well, poor execution and ridiculous that Newsom held it all back for his own testing.
The recall has really gained steam and the media will soon start supporting Newsom.

My wife’s appointment (Perris Fairgrounds) was at 9am. They didn’t administer it until 10:10am.

They want you to stay in your car for 15 minutes to monitor you. People were so over waiting they just drove off as soon as they got the shot.

Reactions: C-2

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
1610647276200.jpeg

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
I still can't understand why this vaccine worries people so much. The science says that vaccines are some of the safest medications we have ever come up with since the 1920's. I have heard every excuse from "it's too rushed"...to "there are microchips and dead fetuses in the vaccine". Good god.

History of pandemics

And for those that think this was rushed, if we look at the data from the last pandemic (2009 Swine Flu) it was only approved 3 months earlier than that vaccine, but only because of the economic impact Covid is having vs Swine Flu.

Viruses crossing species are nothing new- it has happened many times in the past, and will happen again, and science will respond. If it wasn't for science, Tetanus, Measles, Pertussis, Rubella, Diptheria, Polio, etc. would be running rampant. This virus seems to be pretty straightforward, compared to some that constantly mutate as a defense mechanism.

For any virus to be eradicated, we need herd immunity, so everyone has to do their part. So please go get sick, or the vaccine so we can get this over with.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I still can't understand why this vaccine worries people so much. The science says that vaccines are some of the safest medications we have ever come up with since the 1920's. I have heard every excuse from "it's too rushed"...to "there are microchips and dead fetuses in the vaccine". Good god.

History of pandemics

And for those that think this was rushed, if we look at the data from the last pandemic (2009 Swine Flu) it was only approved 3 months earlier than that vaccine, but only because of the economic impact Covid is having vs Swine Flu.

Viruses crossing species are nothing new- it has happened many times in the past, and will happen again, and science will respond. If it wasn't for science, Tetanus, Measles, Pertussis, Rubella, Diptheria, Polio, etc. would be running rampant. This virus seems to be pretty straightforward, compared to some that constantly mutate as a defense mechanism.

For any virus to be eradicated, we need herd immunity, so everyone has to do their part. So please go get sick, or the vaccine so we can get this over with.
A lot of this is can anyone really trust our Government anymore. You can’t trust the news anymore.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
My wife’s appointment (Perris Fairgrounds) was at 9am. They didn’t administer it until 10:10am.

They want you to stay in your car for 15 minutes to monitor you. People were so over waiting they just drove off as soon as they got the shot.
My wife, being a nurse, pretty much didn't have a choice to not get it. She got her first shot last week at the hospital she works at. They wouldn't let her leave the building until the 15 minutes were up.
Sore arm for a couple days is all she noticed.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

History of pandemics

mRNA isn’t your average vaccine, goy

CLdrinker

Reaction score
It’s been a while since history class but didn’t the Germans get the Jews into the gas chamber by telling them they were showers?

Point being don’t trust everything.

When asbestos came out nobody thought it would kill people years later...

Also I just learned that the companies producing got a speacial “free pass” and can not be held liable if this shit goes sideways down the road.

Think about that!

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
A lot of this is can anyone really trust our Government anymore. You can’t trust the news anymore.

Ironically, some people seem to be associating this pandemic with the government, and how pissed off they are about the response (and fake news). I get that.

But the virus is not a government agency. Even the anti-vaxers and flat earthers have to admit that the virus is not controlled by the government. It's a bug, that has to be squashed, just like countless other viruses. If you do some homework, this is not fake news.

So, for all the "government conspiracy theorists" out there, that unlike the Tuskegee Airmen experiments, these vaccines are made by public companies, who are in this for profit. The government may be screwing this thing up, but they don't have a hand in the science.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

History of pandemics

I will take Sick for $1000 Alex

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Ironically, some people seem to be associating this pandemic with the government, and how pissed off they are about the response (and fake news). I get that.

But the virus is not a government agency. Even the anti-vaxers and flat earthers have to admit that the virus is not controlled by the government. It's a bug, that has to be squashed, just like countless other viruses. If you do some homework, this is not fake news.

So, for all the "government conspiracy theorists" out there, that unlike the Tuskegee Airmen experiments, these vaccines are made by public companies, who are in this for profit. The government may be screwing this thing up, but they don't have a hand in the science.

Companies are for profit.

That is a powerful sentence.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Companies are for profit.

That is a powerful sentence.

I would trust a company for profit all day over the government. Wouldn't you? Companies have to be relevant to survive, while governments have always screwed people over (like the Jews in Nazi Germany) and have no repercussions.

Government can screw up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Didn't any of you guys take engineering, chemistry, or physics in college?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The conspiracy theories will never end HH. Some comments are actually rather amusing though 😊
I’m not saying the vaccines are purposely faulty. I’m saying don’t blindly trust something rushed.

The government said make a vaccine we will buy all you can make and oh by the way we will give you an exemption against any lawsuits brought to you Incase these vaccines end up haveing any side affects.
To me that sounds like a blank check to the vaccine companies, does it not?

How many people on this forum refuse to buy a car the first year it’s built because they usually have issues.

Yet people will get a injection of god knows what after it’s rushed and the company don’t have to “warranty” it.

LOL

CLdrinker

Reaction score
well i have heart problems,if i get covid i may or may not just be OK,fuck that gamble.
I’m sorry for your heart problems.

But there is a flip side to your argument.

I’m healthy and don’t know wtf this shot could give me years down the road.

If I do catch covid I have a 99% chance that I will be ok.

So for me it’s 99% vs who the fuck knows. Fuck that gamble.

That’s why I like freedom, choose what’s best for you.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
The conspiracy theories will never end HH. Some comments are actually rather amusing though 😊

What is the conspiracy theory on the vaccine paperwork?

There's no way they're tracking you or changing your DNA. We know that.

So what's the conspiracy theory now regarding "How dare they make me show my papers to not spread a virus into another country"?

I feel like the only argument is that this is just the beginning of restricting your freedom of travel or freedom to deny vaccines.

Personally, I want it because the wife and I like to travel. A 4 day quarantine in BVI really extends a trip and adds a lot of costs 😁 Hopefully soon, the vaccinated get to avoid the quarantine.

rpmsrup

Reaction score
It isnt the first shot that is the bad one, its the second follow up one that takes you down, wife is a surgical tech and just got her second shot, shes been sick for the past 2 days, super high fever and body aches like crazy shes feeling better today, but the second one is the bitch

Last edited:

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
I’m not saying the vaccines are purposely faulty. I’m saying don’t blindly trust something rushed.

You do know that flu vaccines are created every year with basically the same schedule? This is not their first rodeo.

No one is asking you to blindly trust someone. If you look at the science (read the data sheets), the track record (billions around the world getting vaccinated), and weigh the risks vs reward (helping other people- not just yourself), maybe you won't look at it like "the first model year".

Hell, if I thought it would make my family and friends safer, and help get the group (economy) get back on track, give me that first year model BMW. They haven't let be down yet, and have sold billions of cars.

Or...don't drive your boat too far south on Havasu, you'll fall off the earth.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

The government said make a vaccine we will buy all you can make and oh by the way we will give you an exemption against any lawsuits brought to you Incase these vaccines end up haveing any side affects.
To me that sounds like a blank check to the vaccine companies, does it not?

How many people on this forum refuse to buy a car the first year it’s built because they usually have issues.

Yet people will get a injection of god knows what after it’s rushed and the company don’t have to “warranty” it.

LOL
I fully understand your point and don't disregard your opinion.
I also understand the Healthcare industry is not here to harm people.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

I don't understand why the numnut politicians don't have a standby line. Someone doesn't show up, the person at the front of the standby line gets it.

Sent From Tapatalk

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What is the conspiracy theory on the vaccine paperwork?

There's no way they're tracking you or changing your DNA. We know that.

So what's the conspiracy theory now regarding "How dare they make me show my papers to not spread a virus into another country"?

I feel like the only argument is that this is just the beginning of restricting your freedom of travel or freedom to deny vaccines.

Personally, I want it because the wife and I like to travel. A 4 day quarantine in BVI really extends a trip and adds a lot of costs 😁 Hopefully soon, the vaccinated get to avoid the quarantine.

So since you made a choice to get the vaccine you will not be denied freedom. But if I choose not to I would be denied freedom.

I think that road is a bad one.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I don't understand why the numnut politicians don't have a standby line. Someone doesn't show up, the person at the front of the standby line gets it.
Sent From Tapatalk
It crossed my mind too, why not just take the next person in line?? Then I thought, perhaps each dose is identified to an individual???? No clue really but I do understand the vaccine has a limited timeframe in which it supposed to be administered.

C-2

Reaction score
It crossed my mind too, why not just take the next person in line?? Then I thought, perhaps each dose is identified to an individual????

Yes, each microchip, GPS tracking device and new RNA strain are tied to specific individuals. Imagine what would happen if they gave a shot to the wrong person!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The first shot gives you the virus ..2nd supposedly kills it..... made it this long without getting covid.. not about to stick it in my arm. But...that's my choice...
This is where you are wrong. Unlike a flu shot that injects a live virus, the cv19 shot does not but rather introduces a protein that attracts the virus and isolates it instead of it attaching to your bodies protein.

C-2

Reaction score
well i have heart problems,if i get covid i may or may not just be OK,fuck that gamble.

Let us know how long the wait was.

Waiting for them to open it up for under 65 with medical conditions.

530RL

Reaction score

In Phoenix as opposed to tossing shots they are giving them to the drivers. My buddy took both his parents in their 80's to the Stadium with their print outs. Nurse asked if he wanted a shot as they had plenty for now. He said hell yes.

Now all three are in the que and guaranteed priority to the second shot.

Not sure how long that will last but I'm certainly taking my parents who are in their 80's hoping to get one.