WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

gettin the SHOT today

530RL

Reaction score
Let us know how long the wait was.

Waiting for them to open it up for under 65 with medical conditions.
In Arizona that is group 1C. You would be next up here.

Reactions: C-2

Rondog4405

Reaction score
This is where you are wrong. Unlike a flu shot that injects a live virus, the cv19 shot does not but rather introduces a protein that attracts the virus and isolates it instead of it attaching to your bodies protein.
I was joking zig. I really didnt even know it was a 2 shot deal. I stopped watching the media and all things covid months ago...

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
It isnt the first shot that is the bad one, its the second follow up one that takes you down, wife is a surgical tech and just got her second shot, shes been sick for the past 2 days, super high fever and body aches like crazy shes feeling better today, but the second one is the bitch
Which manufacturer?
My wife got the Moderna. Didn't go into details as to why but she was glad that was the one that was available for her.
She gets her second one Feb. 2nd. Hopefully not too terrible side effects.

JBS

Reaction score
It crossed my mind too, why not just take the next person in line?? Then I thought, perhaps each dose is identified to an individual???? No clue really but I do understand the vaccine has a limited timeframe in which it supposed to be administered.

At the Cardinals stadium this is what they are doing. I know several people that have gone as walk ins before closing this week.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I was joking zig. I really didnt even know it was a 2 shot deal. I stopped watching the media and all things covid months ago...
Extracting media is a good thing. 👍Have a good chat with your pharmacist(not the pill counting tech) if you want an honest perspective.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
This is the standard Flu shot vs no flu shot argument. Or Ford vs Chevy. Never going to make everyone happy, but why make it a requirement for travel when the Flu shot isn't?

As for getting it vs not, I have heard a number of people stating that if it makes it easier for them to go on vacation or if it opens things back up then they are all for it. By that logic, where does it stop? Honest question. Do you have a line that you wouldn't feel comfortable someone crossing and saying "You must do this" in order to travel?

Overall I think we as a country (and maybe a world) are way too 'comfortable' and we'll do just about anything to maintain that comfort and stability. Including give up our own freedom.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
This is the standard Flu shot vs no flu shot argument. Or Ford vs Chevy. Never going to make everyone happy, but why make it a requirement for travel when the Flu shot isn't?

As for getting it vs not, I have heard a number of people stating that if it makes it easier for them to go on vacation or if it opens things back up then they are all for it. By that logic, where does it stop? Honest question. Do you have a line that you wouldn't feel comfortable someone crossing and saying "You must do this" in order to travel?

Overall I think we as a country (and maybe a world) are way too 'comfortable' and we'll do just about anything to maintain that comfort and stability. Including give up our own freedom.

Some people will do anything to get the freedom they should already have.

just_floatin

Reaction score
DBA91226-84B9-4AC0-A646-825557CE9CBD.jpeg

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Some people will do anything to get the freedom they should already have.

If someone states they are positive for Covid, are you letting them into your house? Your parent's house? Your grandparent's house? Your place of business? A concert? A sporting event?

Based on your previous posts, it's not a big deal. So if you don't think anything should be denied to people who are much more likely to carry symptoms, then your answer to all of these should be "Yup, come right in!"

If it's a "No," why is it bothersome that certain countries or private businesses don't want to deal with the unvaccinated?

I don't believe local, state, and federal governments in the US will restrict travel throughout the US.

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Which manufacturer?
My wife got the Moderna. Didn't go into details as to why but she was glad that was the one that was available for her.
It was the Pfiezer

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I don't understand why the numnut politicians don't have a standby line. Someone doesn't show up, the person at the front of the standby line gets it.

Sent From Tapatalk
I have seen on the news where they showed a few young people being at a vaccine location getting medicine and they asked them if they wanted a shot since they were getting ready to close and they would have to throw the vaccine away if they didn't get the shot. All 3 took the shot.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
It isnt the first shot that is the bad one, its the second follow up one that takes you down, wife is a surgical tech and just got her second shot, shes been sick for the past 2 days, super high fever and body aches like crazy shes feeling better today, but the second one is the bitch

My wife too. She had the second Pfizer shot two days ago was in bed all day yesterday. Is at work today but is still feeling crummy.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
BTW, for all you in the "I just wanna get sick and get it over with" camp...

1. Scientists are suspecting that several viruses (including the flu and H1N1/Covid) are also attacking/affecting braincell functions. The have suspected a correlation of lifetime virus exposure with dementia for awhile, but are yet to prove it. Even the "losing taste and smell" could be related to brain cells being attacked issues, not just nose/mouth issues.

2. There are anecdotal cases worldwide of (non-vaccinated) people getting Covid more than once, which would lead scientists to suspect:
A). The human body cannot manufacture immunity that lasts a lifetime or...
B). The virus can adapt/mutate to counter the body's immune response

A virus is like a parasite- it cannot live long without a host. It's only job is to replicate and survive, by any means necessary. IMO, the only good virus is a dead virus. #fuckcovid

I just figured that if you guys are swayed so easily by conspiracy theory and/or "internet conjecture" about something as scientific as a virus, then maybe (on balance) you should listen to some "scientific conjecture" on something that is actually scientific to begin with.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
Which manufacturer?

I was on list and my employer cant guarantee Moderna for our clinics. My Primary Care Dr. said he only approves Moderna via email when I asked him about some allergies of mine. I have no clue why. Can anyone expand on why Pfizer is being called out?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
This is where you are wrong. Unlike a flu shot that injects a live virus, the cv19 shot does not but rather introduces a protein that attracts the virus and isolates it instead of it attaching to your bodies protein.
Uhhhhhhhh the Pfizer shot introduces mRNA from the covid 19 protein. The mRNA then forces the host cells to create their own proteins which in turn create antibodies to fight the virus
Fast forward to 12:30 if you don’t feel like watching the entire thing

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
In Phoenix as opposed to tossing shots they are giving them to the drivers. My buddy took both his parents in their 80's to the Stadium with their print outs. Nurse asked if he wanted a shot as they had plenty for now. He said hell yes.

Now all three are in the que and guaranteed priority to the second shot.

Not sure how long that will last but I'm certainly taking my parents who are in their 80's hoping to get one.
How does this work when the vaccine degrades over a certain temperature ultimately rendering it worthless?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhh the Pfizer shot introduces mRNA from the covid 19 protein. The mRNA then forces the host cells to create their own proteins which in turn create antibodies to fight the virus
Fast forward to 12:30 if you don’t feel like watching the entire thing

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhh the Pfizer shot introduces mRNA from the covid 19 protein.

Yes, it's the same protein, but not from pieces of the virus that has been rendered useless, as they did in the past.

That's where the "I got sick from the vaccine" myth comes from. No, you can't get sick, but you most likely will feel you body attempting to fight off the invaders, which aren't really there.

How does this work when the vaccine degrades over a certain temperature ultimately rendering it worthless?

Isn't handling an issue that is not related to Covid? It can happen anytime, anywhere, but only the conspiracy theorists seem to focus on it now. heck, your spray tan can get streaky, or heart surgery can get infected if not handled correctly.

Reactions: BTR

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I have seen on the news where they showed a few young people being at a vaccine location getting medicine and they asked them if they wanted a shot since they were getting ready to close and they would have to throw the vaccine away if they didn't get the shot. All 3 took the shot.

LA Fire is doing the same with the police departments. The left over vaccine that the fire personnel have declined then get offered to police and other frontline workers.

530RL

Reaction score

Beats me, I'm just a dumb finance guy. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

But I do think everyone else should wait, don't go, stay away, it's only for risk takers.............. :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
If someone states they are positive for Covid, are you letting them into your house? Your parent's house? Your grandparent's house? Your place of business? A concert? A sporting event?

Based on your previous posts, it's not a big deal. So if you don't think anything should be denied to people who are much more likely to carry symptoms, then your answer to all of these should be "Yup, come right in!"

If it's a "No," why is it bothersome that certain countries or private businesses don't want to deal with the unvaccinated?

I don't believe local, state, and federal governments in the US will restrict travel throughout the US.

The vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid. It helps to reduce the effects of Covid. You could get the vaccine and still be positive for Covid.

The intention of the vaccine is to take the strain off the healthcare industry.

This virus is here forever. All of us will get it at some point. No way to prevent it.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
BTW, for all you in the "I just wanna get sick and get it over with" camp...

1. Scientists are suspecting that several viruses (including the flu and H1N1/Covid) are also attacking/affecting braincell functions. The have suspected a correlation of lifetime virus exposure with dementia for awhile, but are yet to prove it. Even the "losing taste and smell" could be related to brain cells being attacked issues, not just nose/mouth issues.

2. There are anecdotal cases worldwide of (non-vaccinated) people getting Covid more than once, which would lead scientists to suspect:
A). The human body cannot manufacture immunity that lasts a lifetime or...
B). The virus can adapt/mutate to counter the body's immune response

A virus is like a parasite- it cannot live long without a host. It's only job is to replicate and survive, by any means necessary. IMO, the only good virus is a dead virus. #fuckcovid

I just figured that if you guys are swayed so easily by conspiracy theory and/or "internet conjecture" about something as scientific as a virus, then maybe (on balance) you should listen to some "scientific conjecture" on something that is actually scientific to begin with.
1 - Well then you better get inside a bubble pretty fucking quick!

2a - Is it not true that they are expecting this 'vaccine' to only be good against a single strain and only for a given amount of time? It sounds like something you are going to have to get year after year, similar to a flu shot, and as it is mutating already there will be a number of variants at some point in the near future.

I think it is important that people understand this is not a 'cure'. The vaccine's sole job as it exists today is to limit the symptoms of people who are infected (per the surgeon general of the US) so they don't die or overwhelm the hospital system.

The vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid. It helps to reduce the effects of Covid. You could get the vaccine and still be positive for Covid.

This virus is here forever. All of us will get it at some point. No way to prevent it.

Beat me to it.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score

To be precise, it blocks the virus from attaching to your cells, so technically, you can't get it if it's not attached to your cells. Yes, you can test positive (like the flu), if you are exposed, but you won't "get it".

I think it is important that people understand this is not a 'cure'. The vaccine's sole job as it exists today is to limit the symptoms of people who are infected (per the surgeon general of the US) so they don't die or overwhelm the hospital system.

I don't remember ever getting Polio? There are many viruses we can vaccinate out of our bodies without "getting it" or climbing in a bubble.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
To be precise, it blocks the virus from attaching to your cells, so technically, you can't get it if it's not attached to your cells. Yes, you can test positive (like the flu), if you are exposed, but you won't "get it".

I don't remember ever getting Polio? There are many viruses we can vaccinate out of our bodies without "getting it" or climbing in a bubble.
This vaccine is not like the polio vaccine. The polio vaccine stops you from actually being infected.

RCDave

Reaction score
The C19 vaccine is not like a traditional vaccine. Its not really a vaccine

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
People who can't use basic grammar and sentence structure have become overnight Epidemiologists and vaccine experts. 😅 😄

The science is pretty straightforward and there have been some excellent references (see Ziggy's previous thread) on the safety of the vaccine.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Yes, it's the same protein, but not from pieces of the virus that has been rendered useless, as they did in the past.

That's where the "I got sick from the vaccine" myth comes from. No, you can't get sick, but you most likely will feel you body attempting to fight off the invaders, which aren't really there.

Isn't handling an issue that is not related to Covid? It can happen anytime, anywhere, but only the conspiracy theorists seem to focus on it now. heck, your spray tan can get streaky, or heart surgery can get infected if not handled correctly.

HH - for what's it worth....I've appreciated you trying to interject some facts into this thread. 👍

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
This vaccine is not like the polio vaccine. The polio vaccine stops you from actually being infected.

Like blocking the protein it attaches to?

If you come in contact with any virus we are vaccinating for, do you think it stays out of your body? Is there an airbag that deploys around your face to keep the rubella virus from entering your body? So I guess if you come across the polio virus (and measles, mumps, whopping cough, etc.) then you get infected under your definition?

Where's that facepalm emoji! This is comedy.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
You do know that flu vaccines are created every year with basically the same schedule? This is not their first rodeo.

No one is asking you to blindly trust someone. If you look at the science (read the data sheets), the track record (billions around the world getting vaccinated), and weigh the risks vs reward (helping other people- not just yourself), maybe you won't look at it like "the first model year".

Hell, if I thought it would make my family and friends safer, and help get the group (economy) get back on track, give me that first year model BMW. They haven't let be down yet, and have sold billions of cars.

Or...don't drive your boat too far south on Havasu, you'll fall off the earth.
I have looked at the past animal trials with an mrna based vaccine. Its not pretty. They stopped trying mrna vaccines for a reason. Then they are just all of a sudden safe?

I don't buy it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Got my appointment for next Friday 😁 It's obviously a topic of contention with a lot of people. I was going to get it all along, but it was nice to get a call last week from my wife's aunt. She is a pharmacist for the University of Pitt that was involved in the efficacy trials. She called to let my wife's family know that she recommends it 100%.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
The C19 vaccine is not like a traditional vaccine. Its not really a vaccine

It actually is a vaccine. The game changer on this on is the delivery method, and that they don't have to use pieces of the virus that have been rendered useless (like the "traditional" vaccines of the past). Instead, they target a specific protein to stop the virus.

I would bet that this science becomes the new norm. Scientists can be much more nimble when viruses mutate and changes are needed.

RCDave

Reaction score
It actually is a vaccine. The game changer on this on is the delivery method, and that they don't have to use pieces of the virus that have been rendered useless (like the "traditional" vaccines of the past). Instead, they target a specific protein to stop the virus.

I would bet that this science becomes the new norm. Scientists can be much more nimble when viruses mutate and changes are needed.
Dont traditional vaccines kill the virus in one's system? And by doing so, the infected personal cannot transmit the virus?

From what I understand even after being vaccinated, one can still transmit the C19 virus to an un infected person.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

This is simple. I trust people to use common sense. If you know your sick stay home. If you are sick and don’t know and I come in contact with you shit happens.

4 people in my family have got it and I have been around them before they knew they had it. When they found out they let us know.

I’m no scared of a 99% survival rate. Sorry for not partaking in the fear.

If you want the shot I support your right to get it. Besides if your precious shot works so well why the fook do you care if I get it or not.

If your mask works do well why do I need one? If social distance works so well why the mask? If your shot works so well why do you care if other people get it?

Maybe because you live in fear.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Dont traditional vaccines kill the virus in one's system? And by doing so, the infected personal cannot transmit the virus?

From what I understand even after being vaccinated, one can still transmit the C19 virus to an un infected person.

No, there really is no way to kill the virus once it enters your body- if we had that, that's called a "cure". A vaccine just prevents the virus from getting you sick, but if you are already sick, a vaccine can't help, only a "cure" can.

So this virus and vaccine is no different from the flu. My kid got a flu vaccine, but he tested positive for the flu virus the other day. That means the virus had entered his body, and was trying to infect him, but couldn't. He still had the virus, and could probably transmit the virus, but it had nowhere to go with him.

I think that's where people get confused between a vaccine and a cure. Many illnesses we have no cure for, but we definitely have vaccines.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

This is why we won’t see normalcy anytime soon. People will be Covid positive and asymptomatic but still spreading it to others.

There is more we don’t know about this virus than we do. There are no absolutes as to what thing thing can and can’t do but I don’t believe any medical professionals believe this virus can be eradicated, soon anyways.

RCDave

Reaction score
No, there really is no way to kill the virus once it enters your body- if we had that, that's called a "cure". A vaccine just prevents the virus from getting you sick, but if you are already sick, a vaccine can't help, only a "cure" can.

So this virus and vaccine is no different from the flu. My kid got a flu vaccine, but he tested positive for the flu virus the other day. That means the virus had entered his body, and was trying to infect him, but couldn't. He still had the virus, and could probably transmit the virus, but it had nowhere to go with him.

I think that's where people get confused between a vaccine and a cure. Many illnesses we have no cure for, but we definitely have vaccines.
Thanks

Andy B.

Reaction score
Funny you guys are gunho I had my yearly check up ,blood work the whole nine yards. I asked my doctor about it he said I recommend the shingles and flu vaccine, I replied what about the covid vaccine. He repeated I RECOMMEND the flu and shingles and he left it at that. I wasn't going to get it anyway just wanted his opinion I never gotten a flu shot either.
Again personal choice and I don’t condemn the people that do its their choice this still is a free country for now.....

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
This is why we won’t see normalcy anytime soon. People will be Covid positive and asymptomatic but still spreading it to others.

There is more we don’t know about this virus than we do. There are no absolutes as to what thing thing can and can’t do but I don’t believe any medical professionals believe this virus can be eradicated, soon anyways.

Well, the theory is that if everyone just stayed apart from each other for a few weeks, the virus would have run it's course in it's current hosts, but have nowhere to go after that. Australia did a good job with that. Americans? Not so much.

The only other way would be for everyone in this country to get vaccinated and once again, give the virus nowhere to go.

But you can even see it in this thread. The same "you can't tell me what to do" mentality with lockdown, masks, etc...also is now applying to the vaccine. You are probably right- the virus will linger here in the US, but not because it's a "superbug", but because Americans are stubborn and in some cases, ill-informed.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
This is simple. I trust people to use common sense. If you know your sick stay home. If you are sick and don’t know and I come in contact with you shit happens.

4 people in my family have got it and I have been around them before they knew they had it. When they found out they let us know.

I’m no scared of a 99% survival rate. Sorry for not partaking in the fear.

If you want the shot I support your right to get it. Besides if your precious shot works so well why the fook do you care if I get it or not.

If your mask works do well why do I need one? If social distance works so well why the mask? If your shot works so well why do you care if other people get it?

Maybe because you live in fear.

To each their own.

It's just another version of the free rider problem. The hospital will be open and not over capacity for you when you need it because others got vaccinated.

But I know plenty of people who have to learn for themselves. So this isn't surprising.

As for me, I usually look to multiple experts to avoid having to learn from certain mistakes. Avoiding costly mistakes by guidance of those more knowledgeable and experienced on the subject is probably the best route.

Living in fear is never leaving your house when you're young and healthy. I don't subscribe to that. But living smart by getting the vaccine avoiding being down for 7-14 days with symptoms, hurting your ability to work, and avoiding potentially giving it to a older family member if you're asymptomatic or spreading before symptoms, etc... Yeah, I'll live that way.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I'm 32. One of the interesting things is that a 25 year old that is voluntarily obese will get the vaccine before me.

Luckily, I'm not too worried about it. When my time comes and the lines get shorter, I'll get it.

But apparently, if I didn't give shit about my health for the past 32 years, I could be a few tiers higher on the list right now 😆

Even with vaccines, we reward laziness