WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

gettin the SHOT today

attitude

Reaction score
I don’t get Flu shots and I won’t be getting COVID shots end of story.

P.S. I had some bodies at my house on a Saturday my buddy who cooked for everyone went to work that Monday felt sick and ended up testing positive for COVID. How come no one else at my house got COVID? I even took a hit of his vape that Saturday and no COVID here...

Andy B.

Reaction score
You guys talk about hospitals being full and in not saying there not but here in Vegas there not and what a about FL that's totally open??

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Well, the theory is that if everyone just stayed apart from each other for a few weeks, the virus would have run it's course in it's current hosts, but have nowhere to go after that. Australia did a good job with that. Americans? Not so much.

The only other way would be for everyone in this country to get vaccinated and once again, give the virus nowhere to go.

But you can even see it in this thread. The same "you can't tell me what to do" mentality with lockdown, masks, etc...also is now applying to the vaccine. You are probably right- the virus will linger here in the US, but not because it's a "superbug", but because Americans are stubborn and in some cases, ill-informed.

Valid point but we’re also a free country and with that comes a heavy responsibility. Most is good and some bad like this virus.

You would have to shut down the entire world. Zero travel in or out of the country or within and you’d have to do that for 6 months.

Even then if you got one infection it’s back in a big way within six months.

Honestly, the survival rate is so incredibly high with this virus what does the vaccine really accomplish in the numbers? Move survival rate from 98.6% to 98.9%?

I think the answer is in the research. We don’t know jack shit about this virus or possible treatments. We’re all hoping on one single treatment, a vaccine. By the time we get our heads around this thing we’ll likely be on the cusp of some sort of herd immunity.

I’m not arguing your point. Just playing devils advocate.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Iran’s supreme leader does not trust the UK or US vaccination 🤔 I wonder why
EFA7E762-A354-4C3A-910D-8B769A78A199.jpeg

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Valid point but we’re also a free country and with that comes a heavy responsibility. Most is good and some bad like this virus.

You would have to shut down the entire world. Zero travel in or out of the country or within and you’d have to do that for 6 months.

Even then if you got one infection it’s back in a big way within six months.

Honestly, the survival rate is so incredibly high with this virus what does the vaccine really accomplish in the numbers? Move survival rate from 98.6% to 98.9%?

I think the answer is in the research. We don’t know jack shit about this virus or possible treatments. We’re all hoping on one single treatment, a vaccine. By the time we get our heads around this thing we’ll likely be on the cusp of some sort of herd immunity.

I’m not arguing your point. Just playing devils advocate.

When this first appeared, I started to look at our past. Our most recent pandemic (Swine Flu 2009) was very similar in some aspects- some not so much.

Similarities
-Alot of cases
-big cost to the economy
- hospitals were full

But it was less lethal, so you'd think the US would be more serious about Covid? Not so much

- the media is lying
- the politicians are lying
- the virus isn't real
- I don't care about getting sick or infecting other people
- scientists don't know what they are doing

Instead of us being united as a society against a bad bug, we are divided. This is what has changed- it was always "us against the enemy (the bug)". Now it's "us against everyone except the bug", which will never win a pandemic.

PS- this bug is showing resistance against herd immunity in countries like Sweden, that took that approach. Unless we are thinning our herd so only the strong survive, we need to unite in the battle.

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
When this first appeared, I started to look at our past. Our most recent pandemic (Swine Flu 2009) was very similar in some aspects- some not so much.

Similarities
-Alot of cases
-big cost to the economy
- hospitals were full

But it was less lethal, so you'd think the US would be more serious about Covid? Not so much

- the media is lying
- the politicians are lying
- the virus isn't real
- I don't care about getting sick or infecting other people

Instead of us being united as a society against a bad bug, we are divided. This is what has changed- it was always "us against the enemy (the bug)". Now it's "us against everyone except the bug", which will never win a pandemic.

PS- this bug is showing resistance against herd immunity in countries like Sweden, that took that approach. Unless we are thinning our herd so only the strong survive, we need to unite in the battle.

The media is lying about actual deaths related to covid FACT just saying I do see your point too though.

And we never said it wasn't real why do people keep falling back on that that's a lie also.....

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
The media is lying about actual deaths related to covid FACT just saying I do see your point too though.

And we never said it wasn't real why do people keep falling back on that that's a lie also.....

When I say "real", I mean dangerous to humans. Part of why there seems to not be a common fight against this bug is the disparity in who it affects. Some people are asymptomatic, while others are dying. It seems to be hard for people to accept. If it was like Ebola with a 90% fatality rate, things would probably be a little different, but it's not. The reality is, are we accepting thinning our herd and letting the weak die? Surely, even you can see that is happening- natural selection in action.

But no matter who is lying, it doesn't change what the virus is- a bad bug. Before this bug disappears, people will need to accept it's another bug that jumped species that the US will be a better place once we get rid of it. There have been many in the past, and news flash- there will be more in the future.

BajaMike

Reaction score
well since they opened it up to 65 and older....today at corona high im getting the covid vaccine.

All the Riverside County sites filled up in a few hours. No new vaccine sites or dates have been announced.

Reactions: DWC

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
RDP will be requiring the CV19 vaccines soon for all members on top of the $10/month user fee that we will start implementing beginning, you guessed it,........two weeks from today.

grumpy88

Reaction score
well it was easy peasy,arm barely sore.no biggy.personal choice for everyone and i chose mine.i dont give a fuck if they can tell when i piss now or not thru gps.lol
Yeah but you were gay before the shot ! The rest of us have something to lose ! Lol . Im glad it went well buddy !

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

RCDave

Reaction score
When I say "real", I mean dangerous to humans. Part of why there seems to not be a common fight against this bug is the disparity in who it affects. Some people are asymptomatic, while others are dying. It seems to be hard for people to accept. If it was like Ebola with a 90% fatality rate, things would probably be a little different, but it's not. The reality is, are we accepting thinning our herd and letting the weak die? Surely, even you can see that is happening- natural selection in action.

But no matter who is lying, it doesn't change what the virus is- a bad bug. Before this bug disappears, people will need to accept it's another bug that jumped species that the US will be a better place once we get rid of it. There have been many in the past, and news flash- there will be more in the future.
99.6% recovery rate but let's kill the economy

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
I’m sorry for your heart problems.

But there is a flip side to your argument.

I’m healthy and don’t know wtf this shot could give me years down the road.

If I do catch covid I have a 99% chance that I will be ok.

So for me it’s 99% vs who the fuck knows. Fuck that gamble.

That’s why I like freedom, choose what’s best for you.

Fuckin AMEN brotha!!!
Let em pump them full of some bullshit poison that’s less effective than just surviving it!! Retards!! Don’t take flu shots nor this Bullshit!!

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

A lesson apparently learned from Public Education. It used to be the school, teachers and parents vs the student. Now its the students, parents and school vs the teacher. Once public education was good, but now public school valedictorians can't even put together a grammatically correct sentence or get past the first two years of college without colleges offering remedial classes. When the high school exit exam is based on 8th grade concepts and most public school kids can't pass it in 12th grade you get the logic and reasoning skills you see today.

wzuber

Reaction score
Yes, each microchip, GPS tracking device and new RNA strain are tied to specific individuals. Imagine what would happen if they gave a shot to the wrong person!
Now that is pretty funny. Do they have a specific or "special" shot for conservatives? Haha

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
99.6% recovery rate but let's kill the economy

But that's politics, not the bug. The bug is going to ebb and flow, and some populations are going to be hit harder than others. The recovery rate for you and I is alot higher than that, but for people like my parents (age with cardiac/cancer issues) the mortality rate is alot higher. Are you ok with sacrificing people like my parents because your mortality rate is much lower? Sounds kinda immature when you look at it that way.

The bug kills people. Even the flu bug kills people. Many other viruses kill people- we are in a constant battle to keep ahead of invaders like bacteria and viruses. Drug-resistant bacteria is also a great threat. The science is always one step behind, but we never give up. To give up and give in to these bugs would be a sad day for the US population.

I understand being mad at an idiot like Newsom for all his bad decisions, but don't let that cloud your judgement when it comes time to be rational and adult.

RCDave

Reaction score
But that's politics, not the bug. The bug is going to ebb and flow, and some populations are going to be hit harder than others. The recovery rate for you and I is alot higher than that, but for people like my parents (age with cardiac/cancer issues) the mortality rate is alot higher. Are you ok with sacrificing people like my parents because your mortality rate is much lower? Sounds kinda immature when you look at it that way.

The bug kills people. Even the flu bug kills people. Many other viruses kill people- we are in a constant battle to keep ahead of invaders like bacteria and viruses. Drug-resistant bacteria is also a great threat. The science is always one step behind, but we never give up. To give up and give in to these bugs would be a sad day for the US population.

I understand being mad at an idiot like Newsom for all his bad decisions, but don't let that cloud your judgement when it comes time to be rational and adult.
Chill. I was making satirical commentary about cold percentages. I cancelled Thanksgiving and Xmas because of my and wife's parents. So take a step back and have a gg&t and a cuban old friend. No one is getting out of this thing called life.

Just do the best you can each day. So get back in yur top gun, fire up the 2 v8 blower motors,, warm the globe and vibrate the back seat rolling 4 10" infinity perfects and enjoy a starry filled night

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Do I get a free fruit cup if I sign up?

If I don’t is that a night in the hole?

RDP will be requiring the CV19 vaccines soon for all members on top of the $10/month user fee that we will start implementing beginning, you guessed it,........two weeks from today.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
On a side note I don’t want the vaccine. So you go first

The only reason to get it, as far as I can tell, is to be able to be with strippers again.

Last edited:

traquer

Reaction score
Havasu Hangin is bringing some good balance to this thread which is good. I appreciate your posts.

We need to be united more than ever, but the media and politicians (and yes the conspiracy theories also) are making that very difficult. I wish I knew what the cure was.

On another note, what I'm most curious about is what do people who get really sick from covid have in common? Age and obesity are the big ones they say, but what's the underlying issue there? What parts of the body isn't strong enough? If we could figure that out we'd probably be able to treat most people with some basic things.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If you're traveling on the I 5 in DTLA, look to the east as you pass over Mission Bl.

You'll see lines of body transport vehicles backed up from the coroners morgue thru the underpass and past bumper to bumper, continuing west on Mission waiting to drop off their cargo.

Dept of transportation has re configured the traffic signal timing to accommodate vehicle entry to the Morgue.
Drivers have been requested to not cue up at or thru the McDonalds.

Ventura County is next.

Reactions: DWC

4Waters

Reaction score

You don't kill the entire economy for a few. You protect the venerable and let the less venerable work and keep the economy alive.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
On another note, what I'm most curious about is what do people who get really sick from covid have in common? Age and obesity are the big ones they say, but what's the underlying issue there? What parts of the body isn't strong enough? If we could figure that out we'd probably be able to treat most people with some basic things.

High blood pressure, diabetes, and anything that can stress your immune system seems to be putting people in the hospital. Obesity usually brings the double whammy of high blood pressure and diabetes. They suspect age is a risk group because the immune response isn't as strong as we age. You've probably heard about Vitamin D helping fend off the bug- there is no data to support this, but Vitamin D was always known to help keep a healthy immune system.

On the flip side, it's interesting that this bug can also cause issues from an overreaction from the body's immune response. There are cases where the a healthy person's immune response causes inflammation, which is why steroids were used in early treatment, but even some of those patients died. You've also probably heard of those cases of small children coming down with a rare disease which is from an over-immune response to the bug, and some of them didn't make it (a very small number)

Our bodies apparently really don't like this bug. What's interesting is that this bug is a cousin of a family of bugs we have been dealing with for a very long time, so the specific attack on the respiratory system is quite new. One reason i would never want to get Covid (mild symptoms or not) is the long term effect on lung damage. Even after the bug is gone, many people are showing signs of (semi) permanent damage. There are also documented cases of healthy individual "long-haulers" (elite athletes, in some cases) that even two months after getting Covid, they are still fighting Covid-like issues, as if the bug was still attacking their lungs.

You don't kill the entire economy for a few. You protect the venerable and let the less venerable work and keep the economy alive.

I actually agree with that theory from the outset. For example, the scientists knew that our aging population was at a high risk. But for some reason, instead isolating the retirement communities, etc, the politicians threw the whole economy into the mix. They could have easily surgically isolated certain groups, but I'm not in charge.

Once again, that's a political decision. Don't cover your eyes and ears to a virus because of the economy- the bug didn't do that...Newsom did. The fact that you are here on a thread who's sole purpose is to discuss the vaccine, but you are bringing up politics says that you are so angry about the handling of a virus, you are still connecting politics and a medical treatment. They are not related.

FYI- It's probably not wise to be basing your health decisions (or the health of your family) on something politicians do or say. Or even the media, in some cases.

Last edited:

WYRD

Reaction score
In America today, we would argue over free pussy. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️:):):)
If you don't work for it you don't deserve it. I'm sick and tired of seeing all these freebies getting handed out. Ive earned every single piece of pussy ive had and damn proud of if it...built my way up to where I am today over years of getting pussy. Some of it hasn't been easy and yes I'll admit itsome of it was downright smelly, but there's no way in hell would ever take pussy handouts like some of these free loaders are today. 🤣

FreeBird236

Reaction score
High blood pressure, diabetes, and anything that can stress your immune system seems to be putting people in the hospital. Obesity usually brings the double whammy of high blood pressure and diabetes. They suspect age is a risk group because the immune response isn't as strong as we age. You've probably heard about Vitamin D helping fend off the bug- there is no data to support this, but Vitamin D was always known to help keep a healthy immune system.

On the flip side, it's interesting that this bug can also cause issues from an overreaction from the body's immune response. There are cases where the a healthy person's immune response causes inflammation, which is why steroids were used in early treatment, but even some of those patients died. You've also probably heard of those cases of small children coming down with a rare disease which is from an over-immune response to the bug, and some of them didn't make it (a very small number)

Our bodies apparently really don't like this bug. What's interesting is that this bug is a cousin of a family of bugs we have been dealing with for a very long time, so the specific attack on the respiratory system is quite new. One reason i would never want to get Covid (mild symptoms or not) is the long term effect on lung damage. Even after the bug is gone, many people are showing signs of (semi) permanent damage. There are also documented cases of healthy individual "long-haulers" (elite athletes, in some cases) that even two months after getting Covid, they are still fighting Covid-like issues, as if the bug was still attacking their lungs.

I actually agree with that theory from the outset. For example, the scientists knew that our aging population was at a high risk. But for some reason, instead isolating the retirement communities, etc, the politicians threw the whole economy into the mix. They could have easily surgically isolated certain groups, but I'm not in charge.

Once again, that's a political decision. Don't cover your eyes and ears to a virus because of the economy- the bug didn't do that...Newsom did. The fact that you are here on a thread who's sole purpose is to discuss the vaccine, but you are bringing up politics says that you are so angry about the handling of a virus, you are still connecting politics and a medical treatment. They are not related.

FYI- It's probably not wise to be basing your health decisions (or the health of your family) on something politicians do or say. Or even the media, in some cases.
I'm certainly no anti-vaxxer, but I'm a little on the fence on this one. You talk about the over response of some peoples immune system, what about some research in animals that after vaccination the cytokine storm was exacerbated and they all died? There's a reason this technology has been around for years, but not been used, and now they want to use it with the least amount of testing in history, makes me nervous.

Last edited:

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
I'm certainly no anti-vaxxer, but I'm a little on the fence on this one. You talk about the over response of some peoples immune system, what about some research in animals that after vaccination the cytokine storm was exacerbated and they all died? There's a reason this technology has been around for years, but not been used, and now they want to used with the least amount of testing in history, makes me nervous.

Well, you have a right to question. Questioning because of the science is the right thing to do, but these guys that are questioning because of politics, or fear is just irresponsible, IMHO.

The immune response I was talking about was from Covid, not from the vaccine, although vaccines will always be closely connected to the bug by an immune response. I think what is making people nervous is the "emergency use authorization" which bypasses only 3 months of data gathering to get it on the market, but doesn't bypass all the trials they've had behind it to fine tune the technology. Heck, we've almost already eaten up that 3 months now, anyway.

Interesting about 2009 pandemic is that it didn't effect the older generations as you would have expected. The CDC seems to believe that the H1N1 variant was so close to a previous virus, that the immunity carried over from many years. To me, that says that the more immunity we can build up in our younger years (through vaccines or illness), the better off we will be as we age. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so to speak.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Well, you have a right to question. Questioning because of the science is the right thing to do, but these guys that are questioning because of politics, or fear is just irresponsible, IMHO.

The immune response I was talking about was from Covid, not from the vaccine, although vaccines will always be closely connected to the bug by an immune response. I think what is making people nervous is the "emergency use authorization" which bypasses only 3 months of data gathering to get it on the market, but doesn't bypass all the trials they've had behind it to fine tune the technology. Heck, we've almost already eaten up that 3 months now, anyway.

Interesting about 2009 pandemic is that it didn't effect the older generations as you would have expected. The CDC seems to believe that the H1N1 variant was so close to a previous virus, that the immunity carried over from many years. To me, that says that the more immunity we can build up in our younger years (through vaccines or illness), the better off we will be as we age. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so to speak.
I don't think I was very clear, I know there can be a bad response to the vaccine, I was actually referring to a severe reaction to the covid after vaccination. I'll just have to make this decision because I don't believe the science is really 100% settled.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Nothing to do with politics on my end more common sense and I take care of my body and a 99% recovery rate. Know lots of people that have had it elderly also people from bad health,lung issues etc. The ones that took HCL with a z pack over it in 48 hrs after first signs of symptoms, you can understand the people blaming media and politics! A lot of miss information they feed you mostly opinions and bullshit and not advice from a scientifical standpoint. Just like sisoshits his main advisor not even a doctor or scientist ignores alot of info from the southern Nevada health district so yeah they made it political.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
I don't think I was very clear, I know there can be a bad response to the vaccine, I was actually referring to a severe reaction to the covid after vaccination. I'll just have to make this decision because I don't believe the science is really 100% settled.

For sure. That's how it is alot of time with vaccines- there's a fine line between speed and efficacy.

I'm not saying to get it or not- I'm only trying to offer balance.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Chill. I was making satirical commentary about cold percentages. I cancelled Thanksgiving and Xmas because of my and wife's parents. So take a step back and have a gg&t and a cuban old friend. No one is getting out of this thing called life.

Just do the best you can each day. So get back in yur top gun, fire up the 2 v8 blower motors,, warm the globe and vibrate the back seat rolling 4 10" infinity perfects and enjoy a starry filled night

I have a pair of infinity perfect 12's great subs.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Yeah from my perspective like Andy none of my concerns on the vaccine are political. I honestly don’t care how many people go and get the vaccine. More power to them. I just don’t want it.

My concern lies in the extreme push that we have seen from a number of groups over the last couple years and potentially having this thing made mandatory or at least mandatory to travel. We’ve all heard miss guided people calling this a cure for Covid and that’s just not the case.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
One thing to note is the vaccine was given emergency use authorization by the FDA. Well that means they did not do their usually long term studies. Instead the studies conducted were shorter and smaller.

That doesn’t mean it’s not safe. It just means their usual careful, methodical process was not followed yet. The study process is to ensure that the vaccine is safe to give to millions.

The good news is they continue to monitor the effects on an ongoing basis, so they just got millions more study participants. So their final data is being collected now and we will know for sure.

We cannot say for certain that it’s safe and not safe at this time. We just don’t know yet. All signs are suggesting that it is safe.

The bottom line is for most people the virus is 99.9% survivable. So for most the vaccine is not urgent to preserve their life so why give hundreds of millions an unknown vaccine whose affects are unknown. Thats the medical reason for continuing the studies and administering the vaccine later. The problem with that scenario is the virus IS very dangerous to a very small portion of the population and the rest of us are carriers. So now what?

What am I saying? Well there is no clear cut answer here. Other than with time the data will show the vaccine is safe. In the meantime it is personal choice.

Also there was some unexplained autoimmune responses to the vaccine but it sounds like they got that figured out and they get that with any drug so who knows.

With time we will know for sure. With the slow roll out to administer, it will give us more time to decide. Some in the medical establishment concede the quick rollout of the vaccine in itself is political.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
The devil is in the details.
I haven’t finished reading the whole thing but I did get to the section where they said bone aches are a sign of the vaccination working. I have no doubt that is probably true. My big problem is that I can’t remember the last time I had a fucking bone ache from getting sick. LOL :)

again to each their own but not for me 👍

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
The way I figure it, if my friends that are RN's and Firemen are getting the the vaccine then it's good enough for me.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I would trust a company for profit all day over the government. Wouldn't you?
Yeah, I totally trust for profit companies to do the right thing.
I still can't understand why this vaccine worries people so much. The science says that vaccines are some of the safest medications we have ever come up with since the 1920's. I have heard every excuse from "it's too rushed"...to "there are microchips and dead fetuses in the vaccine". Good god.

History of pandemics

And for those that think this was rushed, if we look at the data from the last pandemic (2009 Swine Flu) it was only approved 3 months earlier than that vaccine, but only because of the economic impact Covid is having vs Swine Flu.

Viruses crossing species are nothing new- it has happened many times in the past, and will happen again, and science will respond. If it wasn't for science, Tetanus, Measles, Pertussis, Rubella, Diptheria, Polio, etc. would be running rampant. This virus seems to be pretty straightforward, compared to some that constantly mutate as a defense mechanism.

For any virus to be eradicated, we need herd immunity, so everyone has to do their part. So please go get sick, or the vaccine so we can get this over with.
You think we would have know they put HIV in the vaccine if this hadn't happened? https://www.livescience.com/australia-covid-19-vaccine-false-positive-hiv-tests.html

Andy B.

Reaction score
Yeah, I totally trust for profit companies to do the right thing.

You think we would have know they put HIV in the vaccine if this hadn't happened? https://www.livescience.com/australia-covid-19-vaccine-false-positive-hiv-tests.html

There YOU go bringing logic lol 😁

traquer

Reaction score
One other thing that I'm wondering about is how long does the vaccine operate for? Meaning, how long does this RNA and protein creation process keep going for?

Once you inject it, there's no getting it out of your body that is obvious. But if the RNA only does it's thing for a few weeks or months that's one thing. If however it programs your body to make these proteins for the rest of your life, that's a lot different. Especially if they want us to get a new shot of RNA each year.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I had a head cold after Christmas and my daughter got a stuffy nose being around me and went back to college and tested positive. Neither of us had breathing issues, no aches, no fever. I think they are testing and reporting everything even a cold as covid. Oh well hopefully I have the antibodies now.

Ladsm

Reaction score
One other thing that I'm wondering about is how long does the vaccine operate for? Meaning, how long does this RNA and protein creation process keep going for?

Once you inject it, there's no getting it out of your body that is obvious. But if the RNA only does it's thing for a few weeks or months that's one thing. If however it programs your body to make these proteins for the rest of your life, that's a lot different. Especially if they want us to get a new shot of RNA each year.

I just read it last 6 months and then its done and you have to get another vaccine. I wanna know how long real antibodies last, I would rather have the real stuff