WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

Backlash

Reaction score
Well keep us updated!! Looking forward to following along and where the breeze takes you! 😉👍

Wedgy

Reaction score
House Moving Party? Or Moving House Party? Well done!

BajaMike

Reaction score
Not a great time to sell a house. I’ve got a place for sale on the beach in San Clemente that no one will see. Good luck Tom. Your rig and toys look great.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Very possible Real Estate transactions can enter a new stage of doing business.Just not necessary to actually visit the property with todays devices and tech from viewing to closing.

Joe mama

Reaction score

2Driver

Reaction score
Before I get on the road gotta get this house moved. I suspect with whats going on that will take a little longer than I want. It will get done though.

Probably but I had a loan payoff from a sale last week and another loan I have out on a home just went pending today. Nice to have the cash come back

rigs looks awesome by the way.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ok. Its getting real now. Accepted an offer on the house today. Very legit buyer so that shouldnt be an issue. First stop will be to outfit the 5th wheel with everything i need to be off grid for extended periods.

buck35

Reaction score
If you make it to Washington, send me a massage. On the river and you are more than welcome.

fmo24

Reaction score
Ok. Its getting real now. Accepted an offer on the house today. Very legit buyer so that shouldnt be an issue. First stop will be to outfit the 5th wheel with everything i need to be off grid for extended periods.
Don’t over pack. We have been full time going on three years and I have a tub in the basement with winter jackets and blanket that have never been out. I have the top half of a roll away I rarely get into. Rule now is one new thing Comes in two old go out. It’s a blast once you get everything dialed in

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Don’t over pack. We have been full time going on three years and I have a tub in the basement with winter jackets and blanket that have never been out. I have the top half of a roll away I rarely get into. Rule now is one new thing Comes in two old go out. It’s a blast once you get everything dialed in

I hear ya a lot of stuff is going bye bye

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
If you make it to Washington, send me a massage. On the river and you are more than welcome.

thank you. I kind of liked Bellevue? Thats up by the border right?

i think that is where we stayed and then ran the Harley into Canda. Fun times

Joe mama

Reaction score
Not sure if your going solo,but I’m sure you will meet some nice people once you get out on the road. Every time I go to other states it just seems like the people are much nicer.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Only a week or so before this is all done and I am on the road.....Last minute details at the house but a lot of the major stuff is done.

Gonna hit Texas first...........gotta drop off a few things at my sisters new house out there and will help them get situated at their house. Then back into S CA for a month or so at my sons house to help him out a bit.

Then......truly where ever I want to head next! I guess I am officially retired now. Maybe I will shave today....or maybe not.....lol

By the way....out fitted the 5th wheel with over 2200w of solar and 500ah of battle borne batteries. I may add another 500ah of batteries and get it done now. I figure 300 nights of not being in an RV park pays for all of this. That is less than 20% of my total time over the next 5 years which I am shooting for concerning ROI.

I tested it all in the forest east of Flagstaff and it worked flawlessly.

Thanks for the recommendation Joel (Wash11). James took care of me and knows his stuff just like you said.

Last edited:

RVRKID

Reaction score
Only a week or so before this is all done and I am on the road.....Last minute details at the house but a lot of the major stuff is done.

Gonna hit Texas first...........gotta drop off a few things at my sisters new house out there and will help them get situated at their house. Then back into S CA for a month or so at my sons house to help him out a bit.

Then......truly where ever I want to head next! I guess I am officially retired now. Maybe I will shave today....or maybe not.....lol

By the way....out fitted the 5th wheel with over 2200w of solar and 500ah of battle borne batteries. I may add another 500ah of batteries and get it done now. I figure 300 nights of not being in an RV park pays for all of this. That is less than 20% of my total time over the next 5 years which I am shooting for concerning ROI.

Thanks for the recommendation Joel (Wash11). James took care of me and knows his stuff just like you said.
Did the solar add a lot of weight, not that I'm going to do anything like that but always interests me? That's a hell of a set up.

2Driver

Reaction score
Cant think of a better time to sell everything and be all Jeremiah Johnson. Hate to lose a RDPr from the neighborhood. Good luck.

We have actually been having those conversations. Just keep clothes, move into a small rental in a nice area and see how the US plays out.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Did the solar add a lot of weight, not that I'm going to do anything like that but always interests me? That's a hell of a set up.

the batteries are only 29-30 lbs each. I have 5 of those. I think each solar panel weighs around 60 lbs. i have 6 of those. Misc equipment about 40-50 lbs. i have a RAM deisel dually so I got plenty of power for the weight even if I add 5 more batteries on a shelf above the current batteries. Its minimal weight gain for what I have gained.

thanks

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Cant think of a better time to sell everything and be all Jeremiah Johnson. Hate to lose a RDPr from the neighborhood. Good luck.

We have actually been having those conversations. Just keep clothes, move into a small rental in a nice area and see how the US plays out.

i probably will be spending my winters in Scottsdale. Got a hook up ;)

fmo24

Reaction score
or nightmare...lol. Story to be told still ;)
Your going to love it. We have been wandering for two years now. We bought a thousand trail membership used on line. Can stay 21 days and go park to park. Fill our calendar at these parks. Do laundry, General maintenance and relax between travel.

Reactions: t&y

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Very possible Real Estate transactions can enter a new stage of doing business.Just not necessary to actually visit the property with todays devices and tech from viewing to closing.

i actually had lots of people coming thru. The OG guy who made an offer and disappeared was replaced by another offer a fair amount higher. I could have held on my price listed but want to get started on the next life adventure.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
C
Your going to love it. We have been wandering for two years now. We bought a thousand trail membership used on line. Can stay 21 days and go park to park. Fill our calendar at these parks. Do laundry, General maintenance and relax between travel.

Can u PM me a link on where to look for a “used” membership? That would be appreciated.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Save travels Tom.....I'm jealous brother. Stay safe....live life homie....👍

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

Not sure where you are going in Texas, but if you get a chance go to the Bolivar Peninsula in Texas. You can camp right on the beach. Sand is hard packed. You can camp there for $10 and if I remember correctly it was for 3 nights. We were there in January and it was a little chilly, but not bad. Jeans and t-shirt weather.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Not sure where you are going in Texas, but if you get a chance go to the Bolivar Peninsula in Texas. You can camp right on the beach. Sand is hard packed. You can camp there for $10 and if I remember correctly it was for 3 nights. We were there in January and it was a little chilly, but not bad. Jeans and t-shirt weather.

tx for the suggestion. They are moving to a place NE from San Antonio.

Last edited: