WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Getting close to home

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Son in law’s mom, dad, stepdad, and sister all got the Rona. Bar frequenters. No mask drinking with strangers. Just started getting sick and tested positive. It will be interesting to see how they fair. Son in law is the opposite; hard working non-party type but he was in contact with them. Has me a bit worried.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
My middle daughter’s soccer coach got it too. Just got out of the hospital. He said it was touch and go for a few days; did not think he was going to pull through. He got it at work, prison guard.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
No mask, Havasu frequenter, taking strangers on boat rides, shaking hands guy here. Ain't caught shit so far. My mask wearing, afraid of everything friend caught it. Just go live your life and shorten the curve. It's the God damned flu for fuck's sake.

RodnJen

Reaction score
No mask, Havasu frequenter, taking strangers on boat rides, shaking hands guy here. Ain't caught shit so far. My mask wearing, afraid of everything friend caught it. Just go live your life and shorten the curve. It's the God damned flu for fuck's sake.

It’s not but at least you got some likes.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Say what you want, you did not talk to the kid’s couch. It was far worse than any flu. I had SARS back in the day. Wife found me in bed incoherent and hallucinating. Drove me to the hospital with a blood oxygen saturation of 78%. Woke up 4 days later after being in and out of consciousness the entire time. If this is even remotely close to what I had; it is not the flu and is no fucking joke.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
It’s not but at least you got some likes.

Let’s see if any of the people BTR mentioned die:

Son in Law’s Mom = TBD
Son in Law’s Dad = TBD
Son in Law’s Stepdad = TBD
Son in Law’s Sister = TBD
Middle Daughter’s Soccer Coach = No

If none of these people die, would you finally agree this whole thing is not as bad as people seem to be making it?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Say what you want, you did not talk to the kid’s couch. It was far worse than any flu. I had SARS back in the day. Wife found me in bed incoherent and hallucinating. Drove me to the hospital with a blood oxygen saturation of 78%. Woke up 4 days later after being in and out of consciousness the entire time. If this is even remotely close to what I had; it is not the flu and is no fucking joke.
BTR, you might have built up an immune system from having SARS???. hopefully you did...

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
My brother had it a few weeks ago and guess who he lives with? Unfortunately me, he is going through a separation and has been with us since November. I live with my wife and two kids. He only experienced some back pain, slight fever, and lost of taste for a couple of days. He said the worst part about it was being banned to his bedroom for two weeks. I felt like we were feeding someone who was in prison :D He had the flu in January also and that one knocked him on his ass for three days. He said he had never felt worse. We actually thought it was probably the Rona the first time, but i guess not. The wife, kids and I have been fine. I know it is different for everyone, but that was my personal experience.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Let’s see if any of the people BTR mentioned die:

Son in Law’s Mom = TBD
Son in Law’s Dad = TBD
Son in Law’s Stepdad = TBD
Son in Law’s Sister = TBD
Middle Daughter’s Soccer Coach = No

If none of these people die, would you finally agree this whole thing is not as bad as people seem to be making it?
I don’t think it is an end of times type deal but it does appear to affect people differently. If I was a betting man, son in laws step dad is at the greatest risk of getting done in by it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We've had quiet a few guys here at work catch it as well as some of their direct family members. Has to be at least 25 to 30 with just those 2 layers. Only 1 person has died of those and she was an elderly woman with health issues. of those that have caught it, only 1 was severe enough to be in the hospital for a couple days. Another had some oxygen saturation issues from time to time but never got to a hospital needing level. We have also had guys that got it, never had symptoms at all and never passed it onto their spouse. Then there was one job site where one guy passed it on to EVERYONE on site that day.